[EP4P][Stock][CWM]EP4P Full and Debloated + Power Menu Mod
I posted this elsewhere, but in the spirit of sharing I figured it might be of some use to folks if I posted it here as well. I decided I would take a crack at doing something more productive than uber-long overly detailed how-to posts (like here
for example), so I sat down and attempted to figure out how to make the latest EP4P leak into a CWM-flashable form (thanks to hoppermi for putting the idea in my head).
I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS (GOOD OR BAD) AS A RESULT OF FLASHING OR ATTEMPTING TO FLASH WHAT IS POSTED HERE!
As an additional disclaimer - this is an early attempt at utilizing things I just recently learned. It has worked for me and a few others that were kind enough to try, but as always YMMV.
This is all pulled from either the full factory stock unrooted .tar file or the debloated .tar file, both of which I downloaded from here
. I then pulled out the system and kernel stuffs, deodexed and zipaligned (the stock unrooted one, as the debloated one was already deodexed), added in/changed busybox (from here
), and added in superuser/su (the latter just for the stock unrooted). I also added back in the Task Manager to the debloated version (a number of folks requested it). Truth be told, all of this was done just to see if I could do it. Now that it's done (and I have successfully used both of these to get to EP4P from stock unrooted EE4), I figured I would share them.
flashing, MAKE SURE
voodoo lagfix is completely disabled (i.e. /data, /dbdata, /cache, and /system all need to be rfs, NOT
ext4). You will also need to have CWM (version 22.214.171.124 can be found here
) already on your phone, and I would strongly recommend doing a data wipe/factory reset within CWM before flashing as well (that's what I've been doing at least and I have had no problems).
- Download file and place on sdcard
- Boot into CWM recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset (Recommended)
- Install the .zip you put on your sdcard
- Flashing this should not do anything to the CWM recovery you used to flash (i.e. your recovery won't be overwritten by stock kernel/recovery). That being said, I have encountered an occasional odd issue with CWM after flashing that seems to require adb to resolve. The issue may stem from the stock kernel, or perhaps how one enters into CWM - but I'm just guessing at this point, and it likely is something completely different. Regardless, it happens from time to time...
- The issue is that after flashing and then booting into recovery, I occasionally get a "can't mount /sdcard" error. Apparently that in itself is a known issue, and it is listed as such in the CWM recovery thread - which incidentally contains the 126.96.36.199 CWM version I have been using.
The fix requires you to perform the following commands using ADB:
rm -f /sdcard
- If you do not have ADB installed and you are having the "can't mount /sdcard" error after flashing - I think I have a workaround for you (thanks bL33d for the suggestion). Download the ADBsdcardFix.zip here - then extract the folder (should be fine to extract it to your desktop) and attach your phone to the computer via USB (I did this while the phone was already in CWM). Open the newly-extracted ADB folder, and then double-click on the CWMsdcardFix.bat - something should pop up on the screen for a brief second, which is completely normal. After double-clicking the .bat file, on the phone go to mounts and storage, then select mount /sdcard - and it now should work!
- Either approach here (adb code or the stuff in ADBsdcardFix.zip) has worked every time I have needed it, although again in my experience I have not been able to cull the rhyme or reason out of when that need will present itself.
- For those who dabble in ADB, I noticed that adb shell seems to work "differently" on these CWM versions of the EP4P leak. Normally entering adb shell would lead to a # prompt, but with both versions here it stayed as $ - however, if you then enter su it goes to the # prompt. This also means you have to exit twice to leave shell - once for su, and once for shell. Not sure what to make of that, but I figured I would let folks know just in case.
- These DO NOT include the EP4P modems - you will have to ODIN those separately if you want them. You can get just the modem update from here - its near the bottom of that post.
Please let me know if there are any problems/issues.
---CWM STOCK FILES---
BLOATED EP4P DEODEXED ZIPALIGNED ROOTED CWM .ZIP
DEBLOATED EP4P DEODEXED ROOTED CWM .ZIP
POWER MENU MOD
When you flash this file in CWM, the end result is 2 extra options on your power menu - Recovery and Download.
NOTE: This particular file is meant to be flashed over UNTHEMED DEODEXED STOCK EP4P - while it has worked on themed EP4Ps and Humble, you WILL see some changes in (themed) appearance. ALSO - it would follow that if flashing this over a theme messes with the theme... flashing a theme AFTER flashing this WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS. If a problem does occur, note that flashing this creates a backup (with .bak extension) of the three files it modifies, so you can always go back in and manually change back (or you can just flash this file
to revert those three files back to stock). You have been warned...
That being said, there are now options for EP4P themes that include this mod. I highly recommend checking out Black and Blue
or Black and Red
- READ DESCRIPTION ABOVE FOR HOW AND WHY TO USE THE FILE BELOW -
--- DO NOT FLASH IN CWM!! ---
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one