run mini on pc without installing samsung usb drivers

OP royalasif

12th November 2011, 09:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
hi everyone . i have question Is there any way to connect samsung mini to pc without installing bunch of samsung usb drivers? i heard once that there was software which comes for rooted phone that will make ur device that wont need usb drivers installed on pc!!.. im sick of this issue due to i just switched from nokia to samsung and this problem is annoying for me(and im sure for everyone). nokia didn't have this problem!! help someone.
12th November 2011, 10:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

112 posts
You have to have some kind of drivers. Just download kies and install it, then try to connect your device and the drivers are installed. I saw windows downloading some drivers when I first connected it but idk...
Its one time installation and you don't need to do it again.

Edit: I'm sure nokia had drivers too. They were installed with the pc software.
13th November 2011, 03:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 283

398 posts
More
Nokia supports plug n play on all platforms. But Android supports plug n play only in Linux as Android is Linux. To enable plug n play in windows u need adb(which u call drivers).. Isn't that simple to understand?
13th November 2011, 08:50 AM   |  #4  
Flag Dordrecht
Thanks Meter: 74

207 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not true. Plug and play doesn't mean that it doesn't need the drivers. Actually, my gf's nokia e75 took about 1.5 hours to install drivers, even after installing the pc platform. Point is, the pc needs them to communicate with your device. So, wait once for them to install, and then you are done gor as long that you use this pc, or this mobile device.

But, it might be usefull to install kies from the samsung website... It has a driver package with it. Could speed up the process
Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium
13th November 2011, 09:29 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 283

398 posts
More
Do u even know what plug n play means?
13th November 2011, 09:32 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
its impossible to install drivers/sam kies on every computer that i want to connect! coz some times i maybe wish to connect my phone to office pc or cafe etc that i didn't actually have admin access to install drivers/kies ,,yeah Linux os didn't ask for drivers.
13th November 2011, 09:41 AM   |  #7  
Flag Dordrecht
Thanks Meter: 74

207 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_k_p

Do u even know what plug n play means?

Seems like you don't...

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium
13th November 2011, 04:02 PM   |  #8  

112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalasif

its impossible to install drivers/sam kies on every computer that i want to connect! coz some times i maybe wish to connect my phone to office pc or cafe etc that i didn't actually have admin access to install drivers/kies ,,yeah Linux os didn't ask for drivers.

Do you want to transfer files between computers and your device?
Did you get a micro sd adapter with the phone?
If yes, buy some card reader and plug it in every computer you want.
13th November 2011, 04:41 PM   |  #9  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 104

225 posts
More
install kies in ur pc and after finishing go to the installation directory and there u will find a folder named driver/usb driver.go to the folder and just preserve the file. u can now uninstall kies and from now on u will have to just install the driver file that u extracted from the kies. by this way mini will be connected to ur pc without kies installed.
13th November 2011, 05:48 PM   |  #10  

112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuvo_bd

install kies in ur pc and after finishing go to the installation directory and there u will find a folder named driver/usb driver.go to the folder and just preserve the file. u can now uninstall kies and from now on u will have to just install the driver file that u extracted from the kies. by this way mini will be connected to ur pc without kies installed.

He wants to connect his device in any computer in the city, even in the computers that he doesnt have admin access.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread