Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TELSTRA Australia I9000TDVJV6 2.3.3 KIES download

Tip us?

apsmiles
Old
Thanks Meter 3
No dramas mate, will do

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

are609
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by apsmiles View Post
Is the DVJV4 available for cm7/miui or will someone be able to convert it for the people (ie me HA!) please
It's actually very easy to convert - http://soggycashew.weebly.com/upload..._cm7_modem.txt. These instructions are for doing it on the phone, I did it on the computer.

Anyway, here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip radio-cm-7-GalaxyS-JV4-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.29 MB, 72 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to are609 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apsmiles
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yeah I saw that site, had a catastrophic failure on cm7, so went back to darky's for the time being and built a cwm3.zip of this modem, works well in North QLD.
Thank a lot though mate much appreciated for your effort

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

bohdans
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Is now on RomManager, Under CM7/MIUI Modems. It is called DVJV4.
If I have helped you please click on the "Thanks" Button.

Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=E3Y6FV78RXR2A
The Following User Says Thank You to bohdans For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

opticalc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by are609 View Post
It's actually very easy to convert - http://soggycashew.weebly.com/upload..._cm7_modem.txt. These instructions are for doing it on the phone, I did it on the computer.

Anyway, here it is.
how is this possible with a SIGNED zip file? I've done this trick in the past to create my own modem with standard cwm3 modem packages on regular ROMs but have stayed away from cyanogenmod ROMs cause I though I'd have problems with not being able to flash whatever modem I wanted.

Obviously, mucking with a signed file by replacing the modem in it would cause the signature to fail. So how does it just work?

oswade
Old
(Last edited by oswade; 11th December 2011 at 11:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 111
Just thought I'd add that I tested the modem on my dads captivate (carrier = telstra ). Speed and reception is great =), better than the captivate specific modem he was using before. I haven't tested call quality or gps signal though.

jazzyman9182
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default thanks for the download link :)

The link saved me heaps when i soft bricked my galaxy.

But i have one question.
With the 2.3.3 i have been having the battery drain issue. (do you guys have this?) The one with the android os using up 40%+ of the battery. Before i soft bricked it i updated with kies to 2.3.3 and i had it then but a reboot after charging fixed it. Now i think rebooting is doing nothing.

2.3.4 and up is supposed to fix it but i am not sure which firmware to update it to.
I did download XXJVR from samfirmware.com. (dont know if that could be the right one to use) I was going to open it in 7-zip and delete the modem and things that it doesnt need but i am scared to flash it.

So heres the question:
how would i update my i9000t to 2.3.4 while keeping it mostly stock telstraish?

thanks in advance
(Sorry for the long reply)

ghepard
Old
Thanks Meter 0
downlaoding it now!!!

flavaflash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyman9182 View Post
The link saved me heaps when i soft bricked my galaxy.

But i have one question.
With the 2.3.3 i have been having the battery drain issue. (do you guys have this?) The one with the android os using up 40%+ of the battery. Before i soft bricked it i updated with kies to 2.3.3 and i had it then but a reboot after charging fixed it. Now i think rebooting is doing nothing.

2.3.4 and up is supposed to fix it but i am not sure which firmware to update it to.
I did download XXJVR from samfirmware.com. (dont know if that could be the right one to use) I was going to open it in 7-zip and delete the modem and things that it doesnt need but i am scared to flash it.

So heres the question:
how would i update my i9000t to 2.3.4 while keeping it mostly stock telstraish?

thanks in advance
(Sorry for the long reply)
hello Jazzyman with the stock telstra rom i did have this androidOS bug but a reboot would fix the problem so i started trying a few things the end result is my setup now is as follows i am using is the telstra 2.3.3 from kies then i flashed galaxian kernel jw1 v3
link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1137595
installed system system app remover from market and removed telstra apps and buddys now, days, gfg2011, minidiary, samsung widget feeds and updates.
this setup seems quite stable never had a fc and everything works as expected the android os bug has not been a problem for me with this kernel.

interestingly i tried to do this exact same setup on another i9000t and root would not stick haven't had time to have a look into that because my friend wasn't to bothered and re flashed stock kernel basically due to warranty fears.
I have had a few things like this happen in the past and to me it just seems that every phone is slightly different in software due to user customisations and odin not being exactly 100% reliable.
The Following User Says Thank You to flavaflash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jazzyman9182
Old
(Last edited by jazzyman9182; 29th December 2011 at 06:59 AM.) Reason: adding some info
Thanks Meter 5
Ahh thanks for that i was using darkys kernel last night and didnt have the bug. so this morning i downloaded semaphore kernel and i really like it but its one of the kernel that cant record 720p so ill try out galaxian kernel

Does your phone have the right cpu frequency? On the forum it says: "100/200/400/800/1000/1200MHZ CPU steps" but im getting a max of 528MHz and a minimum of 19.2MHz.