Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC Evo 3D and Sensation Battery Working in Desire HD!

OP sbryan12144

17th November 2011, 02:07 PM   |  #11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14

110 posts
So you're trying to say that I can push this 1950mAh Mugen battery in DHD and it will work???
19th November 2011, 02:39 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 76

319 posts
More
Will def try this.

BTW, you can get the OEM HTC Evo 3D battery for $15 from Amazon.
19th November 2011, 07:04 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 11

100 posts
More
Why's it necessary to break it in 2 parts? The second image implies that the new battery is just a little bit longer. Wouldn't it be just enough to remove the "innards" of the battery door and put it back on?

And as I am no friend of rubber between me and my object of desire I'd rather go for an translucent duct tape approach in order to keep the batt door properly closed.

Thx for the inspiration!
19th November 2011, 11:30 PM   |  #14  
Flag Salzburg
Thanks Meter: 413

419 posts
Donate to Me
More
I bought an Anker 1900 mAh Sensation battery and a new battery cover to try this solution.
If this work, overclocking the CPU at 1.4GHz / 1.6GHz will make our DHD a top performer... As soon as I will get all the parts I'll try to remove the inner parts of the battery door and I'll let you know
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drakknar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2011, 09:27 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 35

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus249

Why's it necessary to break it in 2 parts? The second image implies that the new battery is just a little bit longer. Wouldn't it be just enough to remove the "innards" of the battery door and put it back on?

Thx for the inspiration!

I was also thinking the same thing. I have a sensation and have an ankler battery for that so I'm going to try using the stock battery. Just waiting on a new door cover so I can mutilate that
The Following User Says Thank You to bryanlim05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2011, 06:51 AM   |  #16  
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 1,342

1,330 posts
Donate to Me
More
There are a few problems with this mod.

1. You'd Basically killed 3/4 of the wifi antennae, regardless of what you may think, you're killing the sensitivity of reception, and now probably using more 'juice' to maintain the integrity of the connection.
2. The part that you've broken/cut off is what held the battery firmly against the 4 power contacts. A nice jolt could 'shut off' your device and may cause data corruption (its possible).
22nd November 2011, 09:31 AM   |  #17  

319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSLEnterprises

There are a few problems with this mod.

1. You'd Basically killed 3/4 of the wifi antennae, regardless of what you may think, you're killing the sensitivity of reception, and now probably using more 'juice' to maintain the integrity of the connection.
2. The part that you've broken/cut off is what held the battery firmly against the 4 power contacts. A nice jolt could 'shut off' your device and may cause data corruption (its possible).

1.?? The wifi antenna is the top bit of the battery cover, which OP put back on the phone.

2. Thus the piece of tape (clear shipping variety) to help hold it in place. BTW, I've probably pulled the battery a hundred times without ill effects.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanlim05

I was also thinking the same thing. I have a sensation and have an ankler battery for that so I'm going to try using the stock battery. Just waiting on a new door cover so I can mutilate that

Because the small bit contains the Wifi antenna.
The Following User Says Thank You to knarfl1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2011, 10:53 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 4

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knarfl1

1.?? The wifi antenna is the top bit of the battery cover, which OP put back on the phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naxuu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2011, 12:18 AM   |  #19  

319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxuu

Gotcha. Now I see it. Didn't realize the antenna extends across the battery cover. Thanks for the clarification.

Hmm, I'm thinking I can make an antenna using aluminum foil.

I received my Evo 3D battery today and it does indeed fit and works great. Fit is bit tight since the Evo 3D battery is a bit thicker (which actually works since the battery won't be moving around at all.) My TPU case fits but because of the longer battery (which pushes against the case), it doesn't sit perfectly. Nothing too noticeable and certainly liveable.

We'll see how the OEM HTC 1750mAh battery does vs. stock 1230mAh.
Last edited by knarfl1; 6th December 2011 at 12:50 AM.
23rd November 2011, 03:19 AM   |  #20  

319 posts
More
Ok, I've had the Evo 3D battery running last few hours and here are some observations:

- No problem charging the battery to full AFAICT (reset the batt stats just for kicks.)
- the aluminum foil as the DIY wifi antenna seems to be working fine. I laid down a 2" strip along the battery and unto the contact points, securing it with the cut piece of the battery cover.
- Before the mod I got 1 bar at the far end of my house. AFAICT same after the mod with aluminum strip. Good enough for me.
- I sanded down a strip (of ditch) on the inside of my TPU case where the bigger battery's edge was touching. Now the case sits just like stock.
- Call HTC customer support and tell them you need a replacement battery door. If your phone is under warranty period, you'll get one for FREE.

Finally a battery solution that gives me 42% more battery while keeping the same form factor. Thanks OP.
Last edited by knarfl1; 23rd November 2011 at 04:29 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knarfl1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, desire hd, evo 3d, inspire 4g, sensation
Previous Thread Next Thread