5,595,339 Members 48,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I revert my HTC FLYER back to stock for warranty repair?

Tip us?

maxtap
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How do I revert my HTC FLYER back to stock for warranty repair?

Hey guys, i've had my Flyer for a little over a month and i've noticed that when using the pen in the notes app there is a 1/2 inch invisible band that run from top to bottom where the stylus/pen doesnt register. it will register up and down motion but not left to right, so when i'm writing or drawing and touch that band it usually projects what i was writing a 1/2 inch over to the right or not at all. basically the function is unusable. I called HTC and am sending it in for warranty repair, but i just s-off'd it and rooted it wit revolutionary. I know i can't send it in this way cuz it will void the warranty and i currently have fliyhigh rom v1.2 . I did make a nandroid backup of the original stock rom before flashing to a custom one. Can i just reflash that?

I know i need my bootloader relocked.

What must i do to return it to stock and have no trouble with my warranty?

Thanx for your help in advance

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 579
Not enough info.
If you have a model for which there is a RUU, then locking your bootloader and running the RUU will return the device to complete stock and wipe all data.
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

maxtap
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
my Flyer is at bestbuy 16gb wifi version. How do i relock the bootloader? i saw on the forum that the ruu for my flyer is the 1.36 version. I'm just very confused and dont want to mess up my tab.

lpasq
Old
(Last edited by lpasq; 14th November 2011 at 11:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 164
...see link below...

globatron
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2043

DONATE TO ME
If you're on gingerbread with Revolutionary hboot:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1346200

kego
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Please note that HTCdev unlock is persistent; even if you relock, you see "relocked" on the bootloader screen. This is also underlined on htcdev site, adding that warranty could also be affected.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

jscott30
Old
Thanks Meter 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by kego View Post
Please note that HTCdev unlock is persistent; even if you relock, you see "relocked" on the bootloader screen. This is also underlined on htcdev site, adding that warranty could also be affected.
This isn't completely true. After relocking, and when the OP applies the 1.36 RUU, the stock 1.10.0000 hboot will be restored and will be s-on. I've done the same and there is no "relocked" message on hboot after the RUU.

kego
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30 View Post
This isn't completely true. After relocking, and when the OP applies the 1.36 RUU, the stock 1.10.0000 hboot will be restored and will be s-on. I've done the same and there is no "relocked" message on hboot after the RUU.
That's interesting. When I restore the orginal hboot, I still saw "relocked". On top, in HTC's unlock page, they also confirm this

jscott30
Old
Thanks Meter 1256
Yeah, when I went up to the new hboot for HC, oem relocked (then it read "relocked" ) , but then installed the 1.36 RUU in Windows, it flashed the stock hboot with s-on and no "relocked" message - everything looked the same as stock.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk

globatron
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2043

DONATE TO ME
We're talking gingerbread here, there is no reason for any discussion of honeycomb or downgrading in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30 View Post
Absolutely correct jscott30. The 1.10.0000 or 1.11.0003 HBOOT have no code for handling the unlocktoken so it looks completely stock. However if you update to a newer hboot it does say "relocked".

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kego View Post
That's interesting. When I restore the orginal hboot, I still saw "relocked". On top, in HTC's unlock page, they also confirm this

Then you didn't restore the original hboot.

Tags
bootloader, htc flyer, locker, revolutionary, rooted