Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

[Q] How do I revert my HTC FLYER back to stock for warranty repair?

OP maxtap

14th November 2011, 05:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Hey guys, i've had my Flyer for a little over a month and i've noticed that when using the pen in the notes app there is a 1/2 inch invisible band that run from top to bottom where the stylus/pen doesnt register. it will register up and down motion but not left to right, so when i'm writing or drawing and touch that band it usually projects what i was writing a 1/2 inch over to the right or not at all. basically the function is unusable. I called HTC and am sending it in for warranty repair, but i just s-off'd it and rooted it wit revolutionary. I know i can't send it in this way cuz it will void the warranty and i currently have fliyhigh rom v1.2 . I did make a nandroid backup of the original stock rom before flashing to a custom one. Can i just reflash that?

I know i need my bootloader relocked.

What must i do to return it to stock and have no trouble with my warranty?

Thanx for your help in advance
14th November 2011, 05:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 613

2,826 posts
Not enough info.
If you have a model for which there is a RUU, then locking your bootloader and running the RUU will return the device to complete stock and wipe all data.
14th November 2011, 05:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
my Flyer is at bestbuy 16gb wifi version. How do i relock the bootloader? i saw on the forum that the ruu for my flyer is the 1.36 version. I'm just very confused and dont want to mess up my tab.
14th November 2011, 06:26 AM   |  #4  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 182

1,285 posts
...see link below...
Last edited by lpasq; 14th November 2011 at 11:37 PM.
14th November 2011, 05:09 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place
Thanks Meter: 2,050

1,436 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you're on gingerbread with Revolutionary hboot:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1346200
14th November 2011, 05:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 12

158 posts
Please note that HTCdev unlock is persistent; even if you relock, you see "relocked" on the bootloader screen. This is also underlined on htcdev site, adding that warranty could also be affected.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium
14th November 2011, 08:12 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,272

664 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kego

Please note that HTCdev unlock is persistent; even if you relock, you see "relocked" on the bootloader screen. This is also underlined on htcdev site, adding that warranty could also be affected.

This isn't completely true. After relocking, and when the OP applies the 1.36 RUU, the stock 1.10.0000 hboot will be restored and will be s-on. I've done the same and there is no "relocked" message on hboot after the RUU.
14th November 2011, 08:44 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 12

158 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30

This isn't completely true. After relocking, and when the OP applies the 1.36 RUU, the stock 1.10.0000 hboot will be restored and will be s-on. I've done the same and there is no "relocked" message on hboot after the RUU.

That's interesting. When I restore the orginal hboot, I still saw "relocked". On top, in HTC's unlock page, they also confirm this

14th November 2011, 09:16 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1,272

664 posts
More
Yeah, when I went up to the new hboot for HC, oem relocked (then it read "relocked" ) , but then installed the 1.36 RUU in Windows, it flashed the stock hboot with s-on and no "relocked" message - everything looked the same as stock.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk
14th November 2011, 09:20 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place
Thanks Meter: 2,050

1,436 posts
Donate to Me
More
We're talking gingerbread here, there is no reason for any discussion of honeycomb or downgrading in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30

Absolutely correct jscott30. The 1.10.0000 or 1.11.0003 HBOOT have no code for handling the unlocktoken so it looks completely stock. However if you update to a newer hboot it does say "relocked".

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kego

That's interesting. When I restore the orginal hboot, I still saw "relocked". On top, in HTC's unlock page, they also confirm this

Then you didn't restore the original hboot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, htc flyer, locker, revolutionary, rooted
Previous Thread Next Thread