36 posts
More
Navitel
Works perfect on Note. However map coverage is Russia and partly eastern Europe
13th December 2011, 05:13 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 44

278 posts
More
There's also OsmAnd, free/open source: https://market.android.com/details?id=net.osmand&hl=en
13th December 2011, 04:57 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 5

33 posts
Am currently using Copilot Live since running on the HTC HD2 with SD Android (ACA) and found it worked fine in the HD2, and also the SGS2, but I find on the note it freezes quite often and then may sometimes resume or restart itself after a while, or has to be killed via task manager. Same whether you do a clear memory before running it or not. When task manager comes up, either copilot isn't listed (and then restarts itself), or the resource detail is shown in red. Not had a chance to see what ram/cpu it was reporting at that time as I was on the move, but will try to at some point.

Should also mention - note running stock KKA firmware.

I raised a ticket with copilot support for this, and await their reply. My version is v9.1.0.161 with europe maps.

Suggest anyone else who has this freeze issue does the same to highlight to the copilot team.

When it's working its a reasonable product, especially if you were able to buy at the intro price. Wouldn't hold my breath re TomTom, no date and same rumour for quite some time. Plus, their traffic/camera option was pretty expensive per year (90) compared to 9.99/year for copilot's live traffic.

Dave
Last edited by aengus4h; 13th December 2011 at 05:15 PM.
16th December 2011, 04:18 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
PAPAGO x5 does not work for SGN
Sygic - Expensive cant really afford it anyone can get free Sygic?
Waze - Its free for sure but it come with a price > it direct me to the wrong way
16th December 2011, 08:14 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Mappy gps free. offline gps very good !!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
16th December 2011, 08:58 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 33

174 posts
I tried Sygic for the first time today and am very, very impressed so far. A big improvement on Ovi Maps which is what I was used to, although that was free !

Anyone know how to set a contacts address to open with this (or any other app), the only options i get are the built in Maps and Navigation ?
16th December 2011, 09:14 PM   |  #38  
Flag Cerritos
Thanks Meter: 12

190 posts
More
Most issues relate to mapping and routing AI. Some apps work well in one country, and completely bomb in another. The example for me was CoPilot. Works great here in the US, but when I traveled to Mexico, it was useless.

I still use CoPilot v8, because I saw so many negative comments about crashing and problems with v9. I have also used Locus which will do routing, but is a bit non-intuitive (workable once you get used to it). I really love Locus for all other mapping things.
17th December 2011, 06:12 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 14

131 posts
I'm from Singapore using Google Map (brut mod version) on my 2 Galaxy Note is working super fine in Singapore, and even with traffic, satellite view and even able to switch to static street view.

Btw, can anyone recommend a GPS software good for Singapore & Malaysia, especially a free one?
17th December 2011, 07:31 AM   |  #40  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 29,602

18,023 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am in India, following maps working flawlessly
Sygic Aura
N Drive
Navigon
Google Map (International Navigation)