Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Call Blocking XAP

Tip us?

sutt359
Old
(Last edited by sutt359; 15th November 2011 at 09:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 146
Default Samsung Call Blocking XAP

Hi guys

Ive got my hands on the new Samsung call blocking app, ive installed it to my HTC Titan. It does fire up but cant do much with it.....

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-relea...r-its-devices/

Hopefully someone here can make it work for the rest of us.

Kev

Update..... Ive now uploaded the unchanged xap with the INTEROPSERVICES unchanged
Attached Files
File Type: xap call_blocking_v1.7.0.0.xap - [Click for QR Code] (244.1 KB, 5851 views)
Nokia Lumia 920 WP8 | Nokia Lumia 800, 7.8 | NokiaLumia 710, 7.8 | HTC Titan X310e | HTC Radar | HTC Trophy | HTC HD7 | HTC HD2 7.8 |
Powerd by Windows Phone 7
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sutt359 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zloy Pryanik
Old
Thanks Meter 406

DONATE TO ME
Sutt359 , thanks!

Localhorst86
Old
Thanks Meter 115
yes, I too tried installing it on my Mozart. Deploying worked, actually, but it throws an error when I try to add a number to the blocklist. Hope someone can make this work

contable
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localhorst86 View Post
yes, I too tried installing it on my Mozart. Deploying worked, actually, but it throws an error when I try to add a number to the blocklist. Hope someone can make this work
Same error on my OMNIA 7. It looks like that itīs only for the OMNIA W or the new Focus devices...

sceptikart
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localhorst86 View Post
tried on Hd7, the same result. any idea how to uninstall the app from system?

thanx!

Ludacris
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Redeploy the app but Change the HubType from "268435456" to anything else or delete it from the WMAppManifest.xml inside the XAP
Why not try something entirely different?

snifirst
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have the same problem , Error when put number in the field and save on Omnia 7

mmian
Old
Thanks Meter 9
wait, I can't even get the app to work on my samsung focus, it says, this app is not available for your device...help?

at45
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I installed this just now, with the mod from above, and it starts up, has it's own listing in the programs list, but doesn't actually do anything. When you try to add a number it just returns to the app list (aka crashes). On next start the numbers list is empty. Omnia 7
Lumia 1020 / PiPo U8 / Lumia 620 / Omnia 7.8 / Xperia X1

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,689
Maybe somebody removed ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES from the app's manifest? This app uses a native DLL called SecProxyClient.dll. My guess is that this app needs to call into a driver found on Samsung phones. In order to do that, it'll need ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES specified in its manifest. Maybe try that?

I'm going to see if I can figure out what the app is doing. With luck, it's something I can duplicate on other phones, like a registry edit or some such. If it requires a function that only the Samsung driver has, though, the odds aren't good this side of a custom ROM.

Dammit, I've wanted this feature, too...

Tags
xap