Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 38,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MIUI 1.12.9 Fascinate/Mesmerize Rom UPDATE..12/13/11

Tip us?
 
Rick S
Old
(Last edited by Rick S; 15th December 2011 at 01:39 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Posts: 288
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default MIUI 1.12.9 Fascinate/Mesmerize Rom UPDATE..12/13/11

This is a build ported from a vibrant setup, some tweaks that dfgas incorporated into the last few builds, some extra tweaks from here and there, and extended settings built in. It is very smooth and fast after letting it settle in for a bit.

Let me know how it is for you. You can wipe data or just cache and dalvik...I do all 3...enjoy.

Thanks to anyone that has a hand in developing for the fascinate / mesmerize...the list would be too long to write!

-as of 1.12.9...
-#911 issue fixed (thanks sbrissen, dfgas, & anyone else involved)
-modified default transparent lockscreen...live wallpapers show through lockscreen

-new 1.12.9 Fascinate link...
http://db.tt/enasc1vs
-new 1.12.9 Mesmerize link...
http://db.tt/LHY0AeKk

-as of 1.11.25...
-includes Glitch V13 kernel with working 3 button recovery (with updated screenstate scaling fix)
-new option of miui app drawer
-pick setup, then enable, wait a couple seconds for drawer to load up, then swipe down from top of screen slightly lower than status bar to pull down drawer (almost right at bottom edge of status bar)...takes a little getting used to swipe area as it is very small.
-new options of hiding signal bars and headset icons
-new option of appdrawer background color
-new "on the fly" statusbar layout switching (no need to refresh statusbar anymore)
-new options of autostarting appdrawer
-charging animation it top bar fixed

Here is a link to the v6 supercharger thread...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5021
I would suggest installing the latest supercharger script...http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1322022964 and the app script manager...http://market.android.com/details?id....scriptmanager

Download both, change the supercharger scripts name from .pdf to .txt, install script manager, go into script managers options and turn on browse as root, then navigate to the directory you downloaded the supercharger script to within the app, click on it, select run as root, then run. Follow the scripts prompts, and as a suggestion, I use option 7. This makes the phone fly even faster at all times even with many apps open. I would have incorporated this into the rom, but the developer would rather you visit the thread to get it.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Rick S For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PhoenixPath
Old
(Last edited by PhoenixPath; 14th November 2011 at 04:23 PM.)
#2  
PhoenixPath's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 743
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Prague, MN
Downloading now. Thanks!

First impressions:

(Background: Wiped all three from "mounts and storage" menu)

Appears to be based off of MIUI Android (UK port of MIUI) as opposed to MIUI.US. Not sure what diffferences (if any) apply other than the bootani and background. Amiright?

Extended settings built-in is quite awesome.

Noticed MiuiCompass wasn't in there (but DSP Manager was...awesome again). Attached in case you don't have the apk and want to add it in the future.

MMS sent over 3G on first try.

I am not sure which market you bundled with it, but I always go in and remove marketUpdater and add back in the old vending.apk. (This isn't a criticism, just something I do that might be good to know in case I have future issues that may be caused by that mod...I know I am probably rare in liking the old market.)

So far so good. Now I just need to grow a pair and figure out how to swap kernels in the zipfile so I can throw Glitch v13RC1 in there; at which point I'll truly have my "Flash one-and-done".

Great work, Rick S. Can't wait for the full list of changes/tweaks! Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: apk MIUICompass.apk - [Click for QR Code] (502.6 KB, 135 views)
| Devices: | HTC One (M8) T-Mobile | HTC One (M7) T-Mobile (Currently WiFi Only) |
| Current software: | 4.4.2 |
The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixPath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bucknetbucky
Old
#3  
bucknetbucky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 380
Join Date: Aug 2011
Will this work on the Telus version?
Phone: Samsung i9000
ROM: Changes Daily
Firmware: See above
Kernel: See above the above
Theme: I hate them
Hate to brag but .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JfMCBh1sJQ
 
Rick S
Old
(Last edited by Rick S; 14th November 2011 at 05:15 PM.)
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Posts: 288
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixPath View Post
Downloading now. Thanks!

First impressions:

(Background: Wiped all three from "mounts and storage" menu)

Appears to be based off of MIUI Android (UK port of MIUI) as opposed to MIUI.US. Not sure what diffferences (if any) apply other than the bootani and background. Amiright?

Extended settings built-in is quite awesome.

Noticed MiuiCompass wasn't in there (but DSP Manager was...awesome again). Attached in case you don't have the apk and want to add it in the future.

MMS sent over 3G on first try.

I am not sure which market you bundled with it, but I always go in and remove marketUpdater and add back in the old vending.apk. (This isn't a criticism, just something I do that might be good to know in case I have future issues that may be caused by that mod...I know I am probably rare in liking the old market.)

So far so good. Now I just need to grow a pair and figure out how to swap kernels in the zipfile so I can throw Glitch v13RC1 in there; at which point I'll truly have my "Flash one-and-done".

Great work, Rick S. Can't wait for the full list of changes/tweaks! Thanks again.
Compass.apk should be in there, but thanks anyway. Basically if porting from a "stock" setup, roms wont differ very much at all, but another difference is that the reboot options are capitalized. I would love to have glitch v13 in there, but its not publically released yet. I do install it on mine though. All you need is the boot.img and the lib/modules folder...modules need to match boot.img that was built.


Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick S For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Rick S
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Posts: 288
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknetbucky View Post
Will this work on the Telus version?
Ive honestly never looked into the differences between the two carriers. Im guessing no because there are probably some rom differences along with the kernel differences.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
 
tannor
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 235
Join Date: Dec 2010
Looks great Rick!

Thanks for sharing and spending time doing this.

I am going to give this a try now, I am coming from 1.11.4, and I have yet to try the extended settings yet, so this will be great to check it out at the same time.
 
PhoenixPath
Old
#7  
PhoenixPath's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 743
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Prague, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
Compass.apk should be in there, but thanks anyway.
Well I'll be damned... When did they change the name of the compass app?? I feel like a frigign' genius now. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
I would love to have glitch v13 in there, but its not publically released yet.I do install it on mine though. All you need is the boot.img and the lib/modules folder...modules need to match boot.img that was built.
I wasn't suggesting you put V13 in there. :P I was just commenting on my own lack of courage to do it myself more than anything. Thanks for the tip though.

Been installing apps and such basically nonstop since install and listening to music on it. No issues. I did update to Glitch v12RC1 right off the bat as well.

So far, this seems to be about as stable as the 9-16 release which has been my fall-back. I've had the fewest issues with that one. Hopefully this one will be my new 9-16. (Will find out when I get home and see how it handles the wifi/3g handoff that seems to have been causing the most problems on the latest few roms for me)
| Devices: | HTC One (M8) T-Mobile | HTC One (M7) T-Mobile (Currently WiFi Only) |
| Current software: | 4.4.2 |
 
bucknetbucky
Old
#8  
bucknetbucky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 380
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
Ive honestly never looked into the differences between the two carriers. Im guessing no because there are probably some rom differences along with the kernel differences.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
Thank you for the reply. I know there are differences the big one is one cdma and the other is gsm. I did not see the vibrant mention the first time in the OP. if anyone knows of a compatible miui for the Telus version pm me please I would love to try it
Phone: Samsung i9000
ROM: Changes Daily
Firmware: See above
Kernel: See above the above
Theme: I hate them
Hate to brag but .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JfMCBh1sJQ
 
jmac9
Old
(Last edited by jmac9; 14th November 2011 at 06:58 PM.)
#9  
jmac9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 229
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Omaha, NE
Looks great Rick...thanks again. I had issues with the other '11' roms so far and was back on the 10.28. And also big.thanks for the easy instructions for installing super charger....I couldn't get then to stick a month ago....no problems this time ( used your suggestion....will tweak later after I settle in) only issue is google+ fc at start up. I don't use it so not a huge deal.....will uninstall and install new......phone is flying.

Edit: Re-install of Google+ did the trick. Can't believe how fast and smooth this phone is running now.
 
Rick S
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Posts: 288
Join Date: Nov 2010
Thanks for the responses. Im going to update some MIUI mods and put links in the op soon...launcher mod and screen transitions are some.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rick S For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes