3.2 Update Problem US.

Search This thread

Special_opps

Dec 22, 2010
Performed the ota update yesyetday. Got the update going and walked away from it, after a while i heard it boot up. No problems.

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006
so I downloaded and installed 3.2 OTA. My tab is rebooting. It has been stuck at this black bluish screen for about 35 minutes now. About 60MB data shouldn't take this long to install. How long does it take to reboot after install?
There is a progress bar show you the progress. Mine took about 40 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

FC360

Sep 4, 2011
Did I do something wrong or is this 3.2 update only in certain countries? I did a update today on my tablet but when I checked the information it says 3.1 not 3.2 like I thought this update was. I'm now a little confused as to whether or not this is the right update or not.

cfao

Feb 24, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions.

1. Yes, I updated Kies to 2.1 last night. I was on 2.0 before that.

2. Yes, I've attempted to have it re-install the Samsung USB Drivers. I even went into device manager and killed the device and checked the "Delete driver software" checkbox.

3. Yes, running Kies as Administrator

Kies knows that the device has been plugged in, but it just sits there attempting to connect -- never actually does.

What are the directions on flashing 3.2 with Odin? Where is the download link for the KMN 3.2 firmware?
Make sure you have USB debugging option disabled in the settings before connecting to Kies

Last edited:

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006
Did I do something wrong or is this 3.2 update only in certain countries? I did a update today on my tablet but when I checked the information it says 3.1 not 3.2 like I thought this update was. I'm now a little confused as to whether or not this is the right update or not.

The title of this thread says 'US'. Of course this is a regional update. It is always that way.

Technomancer

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
So I am on P7510UEKMM.
Wifi works just fine.
But when the Tab goes to sleep for a longer time in the keyboard dock and I try to wake it up with power button, nothing happens.
I have to press the power button for a long time to power off the Tab and restart it.
Anyone has this problem as well?

4dthinker

Apr 25, 2011
My Tab found the update today. 63.12mb. The Tab downloaded it twice. Guessing the first download didn't pass muster.

No doubt I would have found it sooner, but hadn't used my Tab for more than a week. It is installing as I type this. Rebooted and at 19% so far.

GAMacky

Nov 11, 2010
Seattle, WA
Woke up this morning with my tab telling me that an Update was downloaded successfully and ready to install. I should've known better to come here and check first before clicking on that Install button. After clicking on that install button, it proceeded to do its thing and rebooted to show the install progress. I thought to myself, so far so good. It went to 19% and then the screen went blank, but the backlight remained on. And it's been like that for the past 40 min. I'm not sure if it's doing anything and I'd hate to interupt it if it is. I know that I can use ODIN if I have to, but would definitely hope that I dont. Does anyone know if having the screen go blank mean it's hosed?

ms0529

Sep 26, 2007
Hoover, AL
My update went just fine on kies, but now, cannot open email attachments. No option any longer to open the attachment, and get error message not enough memory to save. I have plenty of memory, more than 12 GB, but still message on attachments. I can download files and open them, but no attachments. Also lost root, so had to re-root the tab.

telljcl

Nov 25, 2011
I was one of the first to update to the new FW when it first came available 10 days ago or so, and had the typical WiFi / Rotation issues.

Now, however, when checking for an update my tab does not see it, because apparently my version is the most recent, but it is flawed. I can't believe they didn't give the "fixed" version a different identifier somehow.

My tab has never connected to Kies - I've tried several versions, several PCs etc... Never connects.

So, apparently the "fixed" version has the same signature as the initial "flawed" version, so my tab thinks its on the latest and greatest, and Kies is worthless.

Is there a way to get the current "fixed" update, without trashing all my data, onto my tab?

I'm guessing that the next OTA version is going to be months away.

Thanks for any help.

I was one of the first to update to the new FW when it first came available 10 days ago or so, and had the typical WiFi / Rotation issues.

Now, however, when checking for an update my tab does not see it, because apparently my version is the most recent, but it is flawed. I can't believe they didn't give the "fixed" version a different identifier somehow.

My tab has never connected to Kies - I've tried several versions, several PCs etc... Never connects.

So, apparently the "fixed" version has the same signature as the initial "flawed" version, so my tab thinks its on the latest and greatest, and Kies is worthless.

Is there a way to get the current "fixed" update, without trashing all my data, onto my tab?

I'm guessing that the next OTA version is going to be months away.

Thanks for any help.

Flash it through CWM. It is available in the development forum

Sent from my GT-P7510

telljcl

Nov 25, 2011
Thanks....

Flashed with Odin the "fixed" 3.2 stock ROM without re-partitioning / wiping etc... and all is fine, with the WiFi and rotation issues now fixed, and all my "stuff" still intact.

g4hsean

Dec 13, 2011
Can i install overclocking kernel with this rom?

ok so i got the rom from post #115 working on my canadian galaxy tab 10.1 . Upon rooting and installing that rom i heard of another rom + kernel (starburst + overclocking kernel) that could unleash the full power of the tab by overclocking it to 1.4 ghz .

My question is, can't i just install the rom in post #115 with the overclocking kernel and still set my cpu to run at 1.4 Ghz using SetCPU or will it not work. I checked forum for answers and havent found much in terms of if having a stock rom with a custom kernel is possible.

Thanks in advance

ok so i got the rom from post #115 working on my canadian galaxy tab 10.1 . Upon rooting and installing that rom i heard of another rom + kernel (starburst + overclocking kernel) that could unleash the full power of the tab by overclocking it to 1.4 ghz .

My question is, can't i just install the rom in post #115 with the overclocking kernel and still set my cpu to run at 1.4 Ghz using SetCPU or will it not work. I checked forum for answers and havent found much in terms of if having a stock rom with a custom kernel is possible.

Thanks in advance

yes, you can use a custom kernal with a stock ROM and overclock it.

DMax99

Aug 30, 2010
hmmm.....very weird thing happened with the US tab I bought from US.

I was trying to update my tab to 3.2 via Kies....towards the end of the precess when the android was on my tab, something happened and the updating process suddenly stopped.

Kies told me to do an Emergency Firmware Recovery........So I restarted my tab and then plugged into the computer again....

Once the Emergency Firmware Recovery finished...I am on 3.2?.plus....everything I had on the tab before with 3.1 was also still on the tab..What the?!!

Anyways....this was my first updating experience with the Tab....Can't complaint at the end since I still ended up with 3.2 despite the initial hiccups and scares.

puccaso

Apr 13, 2007
London
stıll askıng for password

So if it ask you for the password which it will if you come from odin simply get into recovery and wipe all then reboot
Note rooting using this new recovery 3e works the same ;-)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

ı trıed thıs
ı went back ınto recovery and dıd a factory reset
but ıt ıs stıll askıng for a password

please help!

Top Liked Posts