[DEV] HeroC ICS 4.0.1 Development

OP jaybob413

15th November 2011, 07:45 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 20

411 posts
Thank You!
So, is there a status on this for the Hero? Just Kidding! I know everyone involved will be working hard to bring the latest OS to our beloved Hero.

A big thank you to everyone involved, including the community who continues to show support for the people who make it happen. ICS will be just what I need to hold me over until something worthwhile is release to use my upgrade on.
15th November 2011, 08:08 PM   |  #22  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,667

825 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt2

Well I got the source synced and I moved some of the heroc stuff from cyanogenmod but still having some problems with lunch.

Code:
build/core/combo/TARGET_linux-arm.mk:39: *** Unknown ARM architecture version: armv6j.  Stop.
Looks like it'll take a little more work before getting it to compile. I haven't had time to look at anything yet, took forever to get the source. But looks like we might have to port it to armv6 as google only worked on armv7 builds. I'll work on it more tonight, but I'm sure the real devs will have it compiling by then

The aosp source tree does not have the files to support the armv6j target specified in BoardConfig.mk. The armv6j support (mostly in dalvik/vm along with a few others) will need to be ported to ics or you will need to use another target (armv5te is the closest). You will also need to change from small_base to full_base in heroc.mk or bring in the files to support a small_base build.
15th November 2011, 08:41 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 133

858 posts
More
does this mean that since we dont have the armv7 se cant have ics?
15th November 2011, 09:49 PM   |  #24  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 19

100 posts
More
No, it just means it'll take them a little more work to get it on the Hero. Good luck to you all, you know we really appreciate it!
15th November 2011, 09:56 PM   |  #25  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Chula Vista, CA
Thanks Meter: 10,421

3,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've got past those already. I'm working on getting past errors regarding resources. I just finished my Jazz class, but still have Computer Programming to go to. I finish that class at 3:45 so I'll work on it after class.

私のエボ3Dから送信される。
15th November 2011, 09:56 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 18

196 posts
Ok please dont flame me for this i know its not relevant i just thought it was funny how people say well il just use this untill i get my upgrade. Then they either stay on the hero or get the upgrade and still use the hero. I actually read a post of some one giving their EVO to a family member and going back to the hero. That blew my mind, but i can see it. this hero still has a lot of life left.
15th November 2011, 10:07 PM   |  #27  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,646

813 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybob413

The aosp source tree does not have the files to support the armv6j target specified in BoardConfig.mk. The armv6j support (mostly in dalvik/vm along with a few others) will need to be ported to ics or you will need to use another target (armv5te is the closest). You will also need to change from small_base to full_base in heroc.mk or bring in the files to support a small_base build.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't have time to look at anything before I had to head off again. I did already solve the small_base though. I know you guys are on top of this but I thought its time to jump in as a dev. I've got years of relevant coding and Linux experience but honestly you guys and cyanogenmod have done such a great job (and still are!).

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
15th November 2011, 10:43 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 18

138 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouko

hah, i came in here ready to flame cuz I figured it was an ICS request posted in the Dev section
xD then I saw it was jaybob

The post shows who created it before you open it.

Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium
15th November 2011, 10:47 PM   |  #29  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,667

825 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastin1015

I've got past those already. I'm working on getting past errors regarding resources.

If you are having resource issues due to conflicts between ICS sources and the heroc overlay, just delete (or edit out conflicts) in the overlay files.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaybob413 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2011, 10:51 PM   |  #30  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 19

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybob413

If you are having resource issues due to conflicts between ICS sources and the heroc overlay, just delete (or edit out conflicts) in the overlay files.

Hey man, how is yours coming?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development, ics
Previous Thread Next Thread