Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] if im unlocked can i flash a new spf ?

Tip us?

Finishure
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] if im unlocked can i flash a new spf ?

so i unlocked my photon and when i booted it it up i seen at the moto screen that my phone was unlocked. now my question is i flashed the latest spf to update my phone and i dont see that unlocked at the moto screen when i boot up am i unlocked? if not do i have to go through with the whole procedure agian? and if i do will my system not be up to date

KTT16
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajoerivera View Post
so i unlocked my photon and when i booted it it up i seen at the moto screen that my phone was unlocked. now my question is i flashed the latest spf to update my phone and i dont see that unlocked at the moto screen when i boot up am i unlocked? if not do i have to go through with the whole procedure agian? and if i do will my system not be up to date
You will re-lock the phone by flashing the SBF. To unlock reflash the unlock file..you'll still be on the latest SBF.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTT16 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fugitive87
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I unlocked my bootloader by going into fastboot and typing fastboot oem unlock, then it asked my to type it with my device id, so i copied the device id so i typed fastboot oem unlock ******** and it worked, it says unlocked and works

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
Android devices:
Motorola Photon unlocked & rooted.
Motorola Xoom unlocked & rooted.
Droid Eris rooted & retired.

vmbgap
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I had the same issue. If you click the link below to go to my thread the answer is posted by dcowboy. It works great and takes like 5 seconds.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1352875

Hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know and I will see what I can help you with.
Current Device
Verizon SSGSIII
ROM: SynergyROM VZW S3 | ICS 4.0.4 | FULLY OPTIMIZED | 7/29 v1.3

Old Devices
Motorola Photon 4g - Rooted and unlocked
ROM: Jokers
kernel: Jokers HighPro 1.3

If I've Helped In Any Way, Please Hit The Thanks Button!