Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] if im unlocked can i flash a new spf ?

OP Finishure

15th November 2011, 02:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 16

230 posts
Donate to Me
More
so i unlocked my photon and when i booted it it up i seen at the moto screen that my phone was unlocked. now my question is i flashed the latest spf to update my phone and i dont see that unlocked at the moto screen when i boot up am i unlocked? if not do i have to go through with the whole procedure agian? and if i do will my system not be up to date
15th November 2011, 02:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hayward
Thanks Meter: 218

1,116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajoerivera

so i unlocked my photon and when i booted it it up i seen at the moto screen that my phone was unlocked. now my question is i flashed the latest spf to update my phone and i dont see that unlocked at the moto screen when i boot up am i unlocked? if not do i have to go through with the whole procedure agian? and if i do will my system not be up to date

You will re-lock the phone by flashing the SBF. To unlock reflash the unlock file..you'll still be on the latest SBF.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTT16 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2011, 05:17 PM   |  #3  
Flag Toledo, Oh
Thanks Meter: 10

116 posts
More
I unlocked my bootloader by going into fastboot and typing fastboot oem unlock, then it asked my to type it with my device id, so i copied the device id so i typed fastboot oem unlock ******** and it worked, it says unlocked and works

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
19th November 2011, 08:16 PM   |  #4  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 0

72 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had the same issue. If you click the link below to go to my thread the answer is posted by dcowboy. It works great and takes like 5 seconds.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1352875

Hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know and I will see what I can help you with.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread