I have a Toshiba Regza IS04 from AU (in Japan).
Running Android 2.2.2
Baseband Version 5014.1907.39
Kernel Version 220.127.116.11-rel ftml-android@ftml #1
Build Number FFK300
I have been researching rooting on and off for months since I first got the phone and have decided I would like to root it. My reasons for rooting:
1. I want to get rid of all the apps that were pre-installed that I don't use.
2. I would like to have the latest version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. (I doubt that another authorized upgrade from au is ever going to happen, since the 2.1 to 2.2 upgrade.)
It seems from reading forums that there are special builds of an OS depending on the phone?
1. What is the best way to backup my phone before rooting?
2. What would be the best rooting method for my phone (SuperOneClick?)?
3. How can I (or even can I) upgrade my Android to 4.0?
Thanks for any help!!