Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 40,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS 4.0 Sources Out - All discussions here!

Tip us?

lugi93
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLloyd View Post
Hasn't the L7 been released in Asia/Europe? Are there any ports possible from this? Sorry if it sounds like a noob question...
No, its a totaly different phone

Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon
1 GHz Cortex-A5
Adreno 200

DLloyd
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Yes, I see. I just thought maybe the UI/widgets could be ported and used with CM9?

lugi93
Old
Thanks Meter 23
No one in this thread cares about widgets and UI, it's all about ics binaries.

Make a new topic in general and ask there..but prob. it can be ported

DLloyd
Old
Thanks Meter 7
OK, cheers. My apologies...

rev_dvd
Old
(Last edited by rev_dvd; 10th May 2012 at 03:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Talking official ice scream sandwich

Today italian lg confirmed on facebook that official ice scream sandwich will be avaible in june!!!

facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150496292867585

LG confirms Android operating system upgrades to version Ice Cream Sandwich to the range of smartphones in 2011 will take place during the second and third quarters of 2012.

In the second quarter of 2012 will be updated the following smartphones: Prada phone by LG 3.0, LG and LG Optimus Optimus Dual Sol
In the third quarter of 2012 will be updated the following smartphones: LG Optimus 3D and LG Optimus Black.

LG will take every precaution to provide updates in a more timely as possible. Release dates may vary according to the Nation, and the market operator.

LG wishes to thank all its members for the loyalty and support. Further details on the release of Ice Cream Sandwich, including the exact date of issue, will be broadcast on this fanpage.

Thank you.

bliizzz
Old
(Last edited by bliizzz; 10th May 2012 at 03:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 170
P
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordantr View Post
Dont cry like little kids. Everything will be fine. Just have some patience btw, i dont believe we gonna get anything before 3Q.

LG P990
Miui 2.3.23
Etana loc lite kernel
Dude i got my o2x motherboard changed 1day ago and now its even worse......10-15 automatic shutdowns in a day,,btw they are going to replace the motherboard again...

Sent from my LG-P990

eraldo
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by bliizzz View Post
P

Dude i got my o2x motherboard changed 1day ago and now its even worse......10-15 automatic shutdowns in a day,,btw they are going to replace the motherboard again...

Sent from my LG-P990
What the hell did that have to do with anything?

rugglez
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2736
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_dvd View Post
Today italian lg confirmed on facebook that official ice scream sandwich will be avaible in june!!!

facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150496292867585

LG confirms Android operating system upgrades to version Ice Cream Sandwich to the range of smartphones in 2011 will take place during the second and third quarters of 2012.

In the second quarter of 2012 will be updated the following smartphones: Prada phone by LG 3.0, LG and LG Optimus Optimus Dual Sol
In the third quarter of 2012 will be updated the following smartphones: LG Optimus 3D and LG Optimus Black.

LG will take every precaution to provide updates in a more timely as possible. Release dates may vary according to the Nation, and the market operator.

LG wishes to thank all its members for the loyalty and support. Further details on the release of Ice Cream Sandwich, including the exact date of issue, will be broadcast on this fanpage.

Thank you.
That post is 4 months old...

alakyr
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugglez View Post
That post is 4 months old...
if they continue to link this note, al least for thw italy, it should be true

Inviato dal mio Optimus 2X con Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to alakyr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sane?
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Sent a chase up to the local LG customer support to see if they had any more idea of what they were doing. The reply I got back:

Quote:
"Since the delay in the release date, there has nothing that has yet been confirmed therefore having us unable to release a definitive statement. Once the update becomes available, it can be accessed through out LG Mobile Support page ..."
So they at least think there is a delay (probably Q2 > Q3) although they are not exactly forthcoming on when to when and still won't give any heads up on how long we'll have to wait.

Tags
ice cream sandwich, ics, samsung galaxy r