Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 46,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS 4.0 Sources Out - All discussions here!

Tip us?
 
bit_imp
Old
(Last edited by bit_imp; 27th May 2012 at 08:14 AM.)
#1721  
bit_imp's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Voronezh
This is just to vent anger. This is my second phone on Android and the second time he was without the normal support.

UPD: I suggest everyone write to the LG, in different countries, and compare the results obtained, the date of release ICS
 
lugi93
Old
(Last edited by lugi93; 27th May 2012 at 08:54 AM.)
#1722  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 189
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ljubljana
I suggest you just chill, sit down and relax


it's done when it's done
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lugi93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kinimod01
Old
#1723  
Kinimod01's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 86
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugi93 View Post
I suggest you just chill, sit down and relax


it's done when it's done
if we are going to "sit down and relx" we are porbably going to get ICS in 2013

LG has no incentive to give us ICS. We need to make public the way LG treats customers... If we are achieving a public discurs about the update ... LG has an incentive to give us ICS... so that we will shut up
 
elganso
Old
#1724  
elganso's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 58
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sevilla
Developing a firmware with official support takes months.
If they are going to do it, they are already doing it...
 
Supupa
Old
#1725  
Supupa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 253
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by elganso View Post
Developing a firmware with official support takes months.
If they are going to do it, they are already doing it...
Or they just started like yesterday, we don't exactly know what they're up to theses days.

sent from my wii remote
The forum is a funny place
People complain to use the search bar
But when this happens, they complain about bumping old threads


 
xilw3r
Old
#1726  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 457
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supupa View Post
Or they just started like yesterday, we don't exactly know what they're up to theses days.

sent from my wii remote
you saw their etas ? Q3 means that they will start to WORK on it in Q3
 
eraldo
Old
#1727  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 94
Posts: 561
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
I agree we should just spam them, make sure they don't forget, otherwise they could end up thinking the device is old and outdated and if they think its sold all its going to they will certaibly abandon it.

So keep bugging them untill it is released.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App
 
owain94
Old
#1728  
owain94's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 6060
Posts: 3,532
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Hague
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraldo View Post
I agree we should just spam them, make sure they don't forget, otherwise they could end up thinking the device is old and outdated and if they think its sold all its going to they will certaibly abandon it.

So keep bugging them untill it is released.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App
it is not like "wow hey we need to release ics for the o2x tomorrow lets build it"
it will take weeks / months to make software
My pm is NOT tech support. Those messages are redirect to the trash can



If my post helped you please click the Thanks buttton
The Following User Says Thank You to owain94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jura55
Old
#1729  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 203
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brno
Quote:
Originally Posted by owain94 View Post
it is not like "wow hey we need to release ics for the o2x tomorrow lets build it"
it will take weeks / months to make software
Android is created by Google, Tegra2 codes are from nVidia, can someone explain for me, what exactly are LG coding? I think they have to do only few small changes... 3 weeks for average IT university student are enought
 
silentmelodies
Old
#1730  
silentmelodies's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 373
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Jakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by owain94 View Post
it is not like "wow hey we need to release ics for the o2x tomorrow lets build it"
it will take weeks / months to make software
You know, some people even here at xda take everything for granted. They just ask, beg, and rant, thinking that by doing so they'll get anything done pronto. They don't do stuff themselves, so they don't have any idea what working means. And when they actually get what they want, they give their magical "thanks dude" combo, justifying all the hardwork the developers/oems do. Really, life can't be easier this way.

The Following User Says Thank You to silentmelodies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
ice cream sandwich, ics, samsung galaxy r
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes