Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 39,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS 4.0 Sources Out - All discussions here!

Tip us?

Eyekool
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sörnäinen View Post
I have been following this thread for only two days and already understand why so many people are so annoyed about posts like this - really, you didn't even bother to read one or two pages back!?

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2
One or two pages back? That is just way too much to read back

TheStonedDog
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I agree trying to get info from LG is good but attacking only one or two sources is the not best answer especially when they have a scripted answers ready. Having this world wide community here should make it easy for people to hit their own LG local reps and come back which some members are already doing (thanks to those members!). The more ears and sources we have the faster we will get info when it comes out.

One of the problems is LG has the "don't say anything" mentality which creates an information vacuum that in this day and age of the interwebs get filled very quickly with rumors and gossip that offer little to no useful information. People have already posted links to blogs which are really just re-posting the same tweets with nothing new, just opinions posing as news. I was just on my deck enjoying the summer weather with a cappuccino firing up Pulse on my 2x to pick the latest Android news and atleast four the feeds are now posting this. Some of the tech bloggers just go into this spin cycle of speculation instead being like you know "real journalists" and trying to do some basic research on the topic before reporting. I fell like calling some of them out but I'm just a new member with a single post count so I have no credibility at this time and I doubt it would change much anyways.

My big concern and why I originally posted is this "news" is starting to get propagated all over the place by people not understanding the situation in Canada and why the answer from LG Canada is what it is. This may in the end can hurt us by causing people to stop putting pressure on LG. You already see it here where people post "I don't think were getting ICS. I give up." If we stop demanding then LG can turn around and say "We are not going to offer ICS because there is not enough consumer demand" thus we are screwed. This has to stop. How ?

While there seems to be a new petition started everyday as easily as you can click to sign an electronic petition LG can hit the delete button to ignore you so I would not waste my time with those although it is a nice thought on the member's part. Nearly the same situation with LG feeds. They can copy and paste answers. What is my opinion of one of the better ways to put pressure on LG ? Hit them in the pocket book.

One the of most expensive methods of end user support is the call center. When you call in a ticket is generated for your call. This ticket must be addressed some how even with a simple answer to close the ticket. This costs LG money. At regular intervals the tickets are evaluated for patterns to identify things like a possible software bugs that way the call center can notify the software people of the issue to eventually issue a fix. If enough calls come in asking for the 2x ICS update someone will take notice and escalate the issue to someone higher up. If even 10% of the people who have signed one of the petitions, I think one of the petitions is at around 3000 people so that is 300 people calling, that will make someone at LG notice and do something. So I would encourage people to call LG. Usually it is a toll free number and will only take a few minutes. At the very least you get the pleasure of knowing you are wasting some of LG's money.

I don't see North America being the first to get the update or even an update. That includes the U.S.. The carriers here are heavily pushing LTE. That is why the HTC One X is dual core for North America, they carriers want LTE. Since the 2X doesn't have LTE I don't think they care. This seems to be true for just about every none LTE phone not just LGs. I would suspect that the only LG phone that will get ICS will be the Optimus LTE. That is why we need to look at other places for an update like Asia, middle east, and Europe as they are not pushing LTE that much yet and would like to continue the life of non-LTE phones.

Hey I did see that nVidia released the drivers for linux, Android is linux so we can use those right ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheStonedDog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daygen4545
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyekool View Post
One or two pages back? That is just way too much to read back
haha didn't even realize this was posted before i did, because i didnt read 1 or 2 pages back, i usually just read the first and last page, sorry didn't mean to annoy anyone.
HTC One
ROM: CleanROM

T-Mobile G2x - (No longer have access to)

Kyocera Rise - (Sold)

Samsung Intercept(Sold)
Check out my "work" on sdx: http://forum.sdx-developers.com/?topic=18138.0

and more "work": http://forum.sdx-developers.com/?topic=18454.0

wjr002
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I emailed LG Australia last week and have received no response.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

msedek
Old
(Last edited by msedek; 31st July 2012 at 03:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStonedDog View Post
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I agree trying to get info from LG is good but attacking only one or two sources is the not best answer especially when they have a scripted answers ready. Having this world wide community here should make it easy for people to hit their own LG local reps and come back which some members are already doing (thanks to those members!). The more ears and sources we have the faster we will get info when it comes out.

One of the problems is LG has the "don't say anything" mentality which creates an information vacuum that in this day and age of the interwebs get filled very quickly with rumors and gossip that offer little to no useful information. People have already posted links to blogs which are really just re-posting the same tweets with nothing new, just opinions posing as news. I was just on my deck enjoying the summer weather with a cappuccino firing up Pulse on my 2x to pick the latest Android news and atleast four the feeds are now posting this. Some of the tech bloggers just go into this spin cycle of speculation instead being like you know "real journalists" and trying to do some basic research on the topic before reporting. I fell like calling some of them out but I'm just a new member with a single post count so I have no credibility at this time and I doubt it would change much anyways.

My big concern and why I originally posted is this "news" is starting to get propagated all over the place by people not understanding the situation in Canada and why the answer from LG Canada is what it is. This may in the end can hurt us by causing people to stop putting pressure on LG. You already see it here where people post "I don't think were getting ICS. I give up." If we stop demanding then LG can turn around and say "We are not going to offer ICS because there is not enough consumer demand" thus we are screwed. This has to stop. How ?

While there seems to be a new petition started everyday as easily as you can click to sign an electronic petition LG can hit the delete button to ignore you so I would not waste my time with those although it is a nice thought on the member's part. Nearly the same situation with LG feeds. They can copy and paste answers. What is my opinion of one of the better ways to put pressure on LG ? Hit them in the pocket book.

One the of most expensive methods of end user support is the call center. When you call in a ticket is generated for your call. This ticket must be addressed some how even with a simple answer to close the ticket. This costs LG money. At regular intervals the tickets are evaluated for patterns to identify things like a possible software bugs that way the call center can notify the software people of the issue to eventually issue a fix. If enough calls come in asking for the 2x ICS update someone will take notice and escalate the issue to someone higher up. If even 10% of the people who have signed one of the petitions, I think one of the petitions is at around 3000 people so that is 300 people calling, that will make someone at LG notice and do something. So I would encourage people to call LG. Usually it is a toll free number and will only take a few minutes. At the very least you get the pleasure of knowing you are wasting some of LG's money.

I don't see North America being the first to get the update or even an update. That includes the U.S.. The carriers here are heavily pushing LTE. That is why the HTC One X is dual core for North America, they carriers want LTE. Since the 2X doesn't have LTE I don't think they care. This seems to be true for just about every none LTE phone not just LGs. I would suspect that the only LG phone that will get ICS will be the Optimus LTE. That is why we need to look at other places for an update like Asia, middle east, and Europe as they are not pushing LTE that much yet and would like to continue the life of non-LTE phones.

Hey I did see that nVidia released the drivers for linux, Android is linux so we can use those right ?
android its not Linux... It's java and the thing it's not blaming you for asking what had already been asked thousands of times but think about it.. you are just a costumer and you as me and most people here are very very limited in information regarding releases or what works and what doesn't for a device... so if you with limited sources know this do you think people who develops for the device and know infinite times more than you and me where to look for solutions wouldn't know about this release and if it works or not and beyond that implemented already?

Enviado desde mi GT-P7500 usando Tapatalk 2

ReiverBlade
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Android is Linux... with a jvm...

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda app-developers app

wfd
Old
Thanks Meter 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjr002 View Post
I emailed LG Australia last week and have received no response.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2
The same with Russia. Silence.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda app-developers app

TheStonedDog
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by msedek View Post
android its not Linux... It's java and the thing it's not blaming you for asking what had already been asked thousands of times but think about it.. you are just a costumer and you as me and most people here are very very limited in information regarding releases or what works and what doesn't for a device... so if you with limited sources know this do you think people who develops for the device and know infinite times more than you and me where to look for solutions wouldn't know about this release and if it works or not and beyond that implemented already?
I guess you missed the wink smiley at the end of the statement. I was making light of how many times people, usually with low post counts like myself, make driver queries to the devs without searching first. I'm well aware of the situation as I am very capable of using the search function and I do have a development background. I'll try to be more obvious when making jokes next time for clarity sake. Sorry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheStonedDog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galaxyfitankit
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 432
Ok I called lg India....they also have Dane reply year end ...I told them are you waiting for the world to end to release ics ...told them how we hate there products now and community people have decided not to buy 4x or any lg products ...Coz of lack of customer support also asked him to ask his manager to contact lg Korea for official statement ...and reminded him that lg promised last December for ics update till quarter 2....so guys here's the number....just bug them so much that they have to come up with some official statement 18001809999

lopiop
Old
Thanks Meter 119
lg malaysia replied my email, this is what hey got to say

Thank you for your email and your support towards LG mobile, LG is still currently assessing ICS OS upgrades for the Optimus 2X.

We appreciate the loyal support of all our customers as we continue striving to provide the best mobile experience for users, we will keep you posted on further announcements when we have any updates to share at www.facebook.com/LGEMalaysia

Thanks
LG Service

Tags
ice cream sandwich, ics, samsung galaxy r