[rom][nand][omgb] - 1.2.3{2.3.7}

OP [ACL]

2nd May 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #541  
Thanks Meter: 3

52 posts
I noticed that I experienced less hiccups using nand but I haven't tried xdandroid in over 6 months. I'm taking there has been some significant improvements.

WIFI Tether for Root only supports WEP, right? For some reason, my HP Touchpad running ICS is more friendly with WPA2-protected networks.

I will look into trying xdandroid again
2nd May 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #542  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,566

11,271 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightC

I noticed that I experienced less hiccups using nand but I haven't tried xdandroid in over 6 months. I'm taking there has been some significant improvements.

WIFI Tether for Root only supports WEP, right? For some reason, my HP Touchpad running ICS is more friendly with WPA2-protected networks.

I will look into trying xdandroid again

The built-in tethering app supports infrastructure networks. Most third party ones only do ad-hoc, which I don't think the Touchpad supports.

There was some new wifi tethering app on the market tho, the name is escaping me... 1 sec.

Not sure if this was it, but it might work - http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/

However, I'm hoping there's some effort to get newer kernels to run on NAND. There's definitely benefits, wifi tethering being one of them.
Last edited by arrrghhh; 2nd May 2012 at 06:16 PM.
3rd May 2012, 08:25 AM   |  #543  
Thanks Meter: 38

190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

The built-in tethering app supports infrastructure networks. Most third party ones only do ad-hoc, which I don't think the Touchpad supports.

There was some new wifi tethering app on the market tho, the name is escaping me... 1 sec.

Not sure if this was it, but it might work - http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/

However, I'm hoping there's some effort to get newer kernels to run on NAND. There's definitely benefits, wifi tethering being one of them.

are you looking for FoxFi?
3rd May 2012, 02:44 PM   |  #544  

11,271 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaX

are you looking for FoxFi?

Sounds familiar. I haven't tried it myself, does it work on our junk in infrastructure mode?
3rd May 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #545  

52 posts
Ah, FoxFi does work in infra mode. When I enable the hotspot in FoxFi, it seems that the built-in android hotspot activates as well. This would be fine if disabling in FoxFi would disable the built-in hotspot. However, when I disable the FoxFi hotspot, the android hotspot active status message does not go away. Additionally, if I try to re-activate the FoxFi hotspot after deactivating I get an error. Also results in an eventual crash / SOD.
3rd May 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #546  

11,271 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah, FoxFi does work in infra mode. When I enable the hotspot in FoxFi, it seems that the built-in android hotspot activates as well. This would be fine if disabling in FoxFi would disable the built-in hotspot. However, when I disable the FoxFi hotspot, the android hotspot active status message does not go away. Additionally, if I try to re-activate the FoxFi hotspot after deactivating I get an error. Also results in an eventual crash / SOD.

Logs please.
4th May 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #547  

52 posts
Ok, I'll try to post logs over the next few days.

By the way, do you guys use a widget to switch off 3G / mobile data sync? If so, could you direct me to the app? The built-in toggle widget only has enable / disable data sync. I'd prefer to have a one button widget that disables or enables 3G and the data sync in one go.
4th May 2012, 08:23 PM   |  #548  
Flag Morgan
Thanks Meter: 15

199 posts
More
Quote:

Ok, I'll try to post logs over the next few days.

By the way, do you guys use a widget to switch off 3G / mobile data sync? If so, could you direct me to the app? The built-in toggle widget only has enable / disable data sync. I'd prefer to have a one button widget that disables or enables 3G and the data sync in one go.

I've used both, and currently use the first one. (note they only turn off 3G but that pretty much turns off sync too )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lua3N3aXRjaCJd

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mczZ29ub2ZmIl0.
4th May 2012, 09:26 PM   |  #549  
Thanks Meter: 24

137 posts
As far as I know, such a widget is actually not possible because Android doesn't expose those settings to userspace. I use the 2G-3G OnOff one that JDog2pt0 linked (the second link) on my phone because I prefer to switch to 2G when I'm not actively using data, and all it does is open up the menu with the data options. (But the "data enabled" button is on the same menu.)
4th May 2012, 11:03 PM   |  #550  
Flag Morgan
Thanks Meter: 15

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodaHighland

As far as I know, such a widget is actually not possible because Android doesn't expose those settings to userspace. I use the 2G-3G OnOff one that JDog2pt0 linked (the second link) on my phone because I prefer to switch to 2G when I'm not actively using data, and all it does is open up the menu with the data options. (But the "data enabled" button is on the same menu.)

The first one actually turns the data on or off without opening up the menu. The second one opens the menu up and you turn the data on or off.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread