XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS Sources are out

Tip us?

andy572
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3945
Default ICS Sources are out

From today, we can enjoy and experiment with new and long waited ICS sources.
I hope, we can do something for our loved device(s) and can profit from new features of ICS.

have fun!
Current Devices: Hannspree HSG1279 10.1" Tablet, HTC One
-------------------------------------
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to andy572 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Arjen_
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5671

DONATE TO ME
I also read it this morning,
good luck guys!

dzhonsons
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Great news! Waiting for ICS on our phones

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
Jrhodes85 Old
Thanks Meter
I've read into the features of ICS..one feature is the new facial recognition lockscreen function, do you think we can use that in our phones, what features of ICS do you think we can have for our phones?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

M..N
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhodes85 View Post
I've read into the features of ICS..one feature is the new facial recognition lockscreen function, do you think we can use that in our phones, what features of ICS do you think we can have for our phones?

Does your phone have a front facing camera?

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
Phone : Nexus 4 16GB
Tablet : Nexus 7 32GB-Acer A500 16GB

Previous Devices - T-Mobile G1, HTC HD2, HTC Desire HD, HTC Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB White

sweetnsour
Old
Thanks Meter 2491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhodes85 View Post

pretty much any feature except that
too bad we dont have a front facing camera

Bytecode
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4456
Yeah,this morning I had to stay at home because I feel sick. Then I had to download Froyo AOSP sources to compare some stuff and then I went on downloading sources page in sources.android or whatever. Then I found:

Code:
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.0.1_r1
And I was like WTF? But then I read that motherf*cking post from JBQ which says we need a super-powerful computer to build Android 4.0. I have a Single-core 2,24 GHz with half gig of ram! Guess will take about 7 entire days,too bad the PC is not only mine. Will figure out something And I'm already downloading sources for you guys
Bytecode - fifteen year old (currently not in Android anymore) developer

My devices:
thunderg>mint>maguro>mako>hammerhead

Quote:
I respect GPL and other people - you can find all my sources at github.com/BytecodeX
Quote:
I am a androidarmv6 contributor - helping old legacy devices get a better Android experience. https://github.com/androidarmv6
The Following User Says Thank You to Bytecode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Jrhodes85 Old
Thanks Meter
If my phone, the same phone I'm sure you have has a front facing camera...than I must be one lucky SOB....so being American and umm having sarcasm, ehhh no it doesnt

Jrhodes85 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsour View Post
pretty much any feature except that
too bad we dont have a front facing camera
Well sweet there is that new technology that allows two phones to wirelessly transmit data, NVC or something with a N,which doesn't narrow choices..I'm not sure if this new technology per described in the Google nexus phone is standard software for newer phones or is a support feature added to ICS to all phones....I can't wait for all of it though, looks very interesting...I wonder what jellybean will bring to the table

ert69
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Wonder how long till the first bootable rom... hope someones gonna do it in a few hours

If I helped you in anyway then be sure to hit the "Thanks" button.