Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 39,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NEED HELP - Display colors going wacky

Tip us?

adamdelozier
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 343
Unhappy [Q] NEED HELP - Display colors going wacky

I couldn't find anything on this, but since I started going flash crazy with the new EI22 ROM's, every once in a while my display colors will randomly go crazy. The best thing I can liken it to is like going from a High Def view to a 16 color view. Everything gets a purplish tint and everything will almost look like its in a negative view. If I lock the screen and unlock a few times, it will go away. I have tried flashing multiple ROM's and kernels, and just recently Odin'd back to stock. And it even happened there. Currently flashed to EH17 Thunderhawk and happening again. Is it possible I have borked my display? Trying to avoid bringing it in for Sprint service!!
ROM: M.O.A.R 2.2 [MB1] - 3/4/13
Kernel:[TW-JELLYBEAN][3/6/2013] KT747
Modem: MA6
Battery: ZeroLemon 6300 mah

If I happen to help you, don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button. And don't forget to thank all of our amazing developers out here!

masaidjet
Old
Thanks Meter 469
Try turning down brightness

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to masaidjet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adamdelozier
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by masaidjet View Post
Try turning down brightness

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App
Brightness is always at its lowest setting...

If I happen to help you, don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button. And don't forget to thank all of our amazing developers out here!

BubZX
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdelozier View Post
I couldn't find anything on this, but since I started going flash crazy with the new EI22 ROM's, every once in a while my display colors will randomly go crazy. The best thing I can liken it to is like going from a High Def view to a 16 color view. Everything gets a purplish tint and everything will almost look like its in a negative view. If I lock the screen and unlock a few times, it will go away. I have tried flashing multiple ROM's and kernels, and just recently Odin'd back to stock. And it even happened there. Currently flashed to EH17 Thunderhawk and happening again. Is it possible I have borked my display? Trying to avoid bringing it in for Sprint service!!
mine started doing the same thing and about 2-3 weks after it started my screen went out and i had to get a replacement.
The Following User Says Thank You to BubZX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adamdelozier
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubZX View Post
mine started doing the same thing and about 2-3 weks after it started my screen went out and i had to get a replacement.
I gave ya a thanks there, but its not the answer I wanted to here!! But I am sure thats what the issue is...

adamdelozier
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 343
Anyone else have any thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

socos25
Old
Thanks Meter 405
I had this happen with a new replacement unit I received. It only was intermittent and usually just an off looking tint not a negative image. That phone got replaced too when I dropped it on cement.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App