5,596,700 Members 46,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Rom Toolbox

Tip us?

ashbuly
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Absolutely! I definetely recommend buying the full version of this and Titanium Backup. So worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRK4G63 View Post
Ah hah....but after I tap on "Kernel Tweaks" I get a "Pro Version Only" message.

Oh well, I believe this app is definitely worth it, so I'll be buying the real deal soon, regardless.

On the other hand....if I just use the root browser to navigate to /system/etc ...couldn't I just add those values to the sysctl.conf file if they aren't in there already?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

koop1955
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyFiggz27 View Post
possibly a result of some tweaks i just made using Rom Toolbox, I'm flying right now. Faster than ever. Here's what I changed, just in case anyone can point out if I did anything bad:

Auto memory manager
6,8,24,30,40,50 (same as Aggressive 1 settings in V6 Supercharger)

vm heap size = 32

sd boost = 3072

Min Free KBytes = 4096
Dirty Ratio = 90
Dirty Background Ratio = 70
VFS Cache Pressure = 5
Oom Kill Allocating Task - SET ON

Applied everything at boot, obviously. I did a little research on what to change these values to, and so far these values have definitely sped me up considerably.

Thanks.

m5james
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I've used this app for about 2 weeks, and while it did some cool things, it'd never retain ANY setting after a reboot. CPU was always back down to 1000k from the 1500 I had it at before, SD read speed was at 128k vs the 2048 I preferred. I've had two different versions, one that came w/ my currently Legendary RC 2.2 ROM, then another I downloaded from Mobilism. Neither version retained anything after a reboot. Today I tried downloading it from the Market and it says that it's not compatible w/ the Epic and wouldn't even allow me to download it. Great app, but if I have to refresh the settings everytime, I may as well stick with SetCPU and flash an SD speed.zip to retain my settings.

solitarywarrior1
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Sounds awesome, i'll definitely be giving it a try

Cartmanz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Love this app

Sent from my EPIC 4G running ICS CM9 MTD using Tapatalk

FrankyFiggz27
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by koop1955 View Post
Could you have transposed the values for Dirty Background Ratio and VFS Cache Pressure, possibly? Seems like it should 5 and 70, not 70 and 5.

Thanks.
nah that's right. i'm going by Imoseyon's recommended values that he uses on the Droid X. Sounds pretty knowledgeable in the area. only thing i changed a bit was the vfs cache pressure. If you're willing to do manual flushes every so often, which I'm not, he recommends you push it down to 1. If you NEVER flush, he recommends it at 20. Since I reboot quite often (every day), figured 5 was a good setting for me.

ashbuly
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Having a problem with ROM Toolbox on CM9 A4. I noticed a few apps weren't showing up in the Market under my apps. Used ROM Toolbox to relink the missing apps, and now only a few of the apps show up. Did completely the opposite of what I wanted. Any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

mike102871
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Anysettings been changed in the kernel tweaks advanced tab.

Akomack
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike102871 View Post
Anysettings been changed in the kernel tweaks advanced tab.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1494513 last post on the page explains the I/O Scheduler

numbazZ
Old
Thanks Meter 17
how to get this app from market? it not available in my country!
LG Optimus One (P500) Red, CM 11
Nexus 7 (2013) CM 11 Snapshot M2 + Glitch kernel
Sold - NOKIA Lumia 610, Nokia X7, Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, Lenovo S750