5,597,937 Members 38,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[7.March.2012][ROM][P75xx] ♫♫ Overcome 10.1 Series v2.3.1 ♫♫

Tip us?

Zipfiklatscher
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi!
I'm using the Overcome ROM at my P7501since a few days. Its the first time Iam satisfied with the Tab!
Now I try to change the default homescreen from the middle to the left. Is there any possibility to do this?
Change the default.prop in /system doesn't work.
Thanks!

alterbridge86
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiobicho View Post
Very nice room. Congratulations. The only problemm i have is the Ebook.apk. Some characters/letters is not good. I flashed the P7500XWLB1 stock and the Ebook.apk is perfect. Can anyone DEODEX the Ebook.apk from WXLB1 and link it for us? Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately the Ebook application from 3.2 will not deodex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VouSDru View Post
hi Alter.. have you solve the issue of UAString in this patch .. in the v2.3.0 though UAString shown as Desktop view.. it still display mobile version on some sites
When i switch to Desktop everything displays in desktop mode....if you go to whatsmyuseragent.com you'll see that the user agent changes to desktop...if a website ignores that and gives you the mobile site anyway i'd have to say that is a website issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosnews View Post
I have updated from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 and I think there is something wrong with the browser (or maybe this is normal?)

If you check this screendump you notice the space in the the browser.

THat is fine The samsung browser has a white background on the action bar, as opposed to the dark background from the stock HC version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclypz View Post
Ditto.

I get a force close when attempting to sync my browser with my Google account.
Did you do an update or full install? Which device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akenathon View Post
Hi alter good morning, I'm having a little problem with uastring. For example ...site slutload doesn't show as a desktop . I tried command "about:debug " with no success.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA Premium HD app
Try toggling the user agent string again...i just tried it with that particular site and it switched from mobile to desktop without issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasoeli View Post
Hello,

at first, the stock browser is now in german, thats great. But, some sites still on mobile version.

You can test it please with www.pocketpc.ch. The startside is correct, but when I click on the top of "Forum", it takes a while and the browser displays the page in mobile version.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas
I just tried this site too...forum loaded right up in desktop mode. try toggling your UA string settings as well. Browser data did get wiped as a result of the switch to the Samsung browser, so perhaps something is stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine2007 View Post
first of all..thank you for this updates..
i see google playbook apps now..
but when i try to open it..
its Force Closed..
anyone has same same issue?
all the updated apps force close?

www.teamovercome.net: Home of The ♫ Overcome ROM ♫ Overcome Kernel ♫!

If you appreciate my work, consider donating to my coffee fund
The Following User Says Thank You to alterbridge86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shine2007
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterbridge86 View Post

all the updated apps force close?
No only play book,i already try clear data,then force stop also restart the tab few time..still Force Closed.
when i click on it..its open a while (white blank with a blue book logo at upper left)
after few second its force closed

VouSDru
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VouSDru View Post
hi Alter.. have you solve the issue of UAString in this patch .. in the v2.3.0 though UAString shown as Desktop view.. it still display mobile version on some sites
Quote:
When i switch to Desktop everything displays in desktop mode....if you go to whatsmyuseragent.com you'll see that the user agent changes to desktop...if a website ignores that and gives you the mobile site anyway i'd have to say that is a website issue...
No Alter.. Its not the website issue .. Its a bug from CELB1.

I just found out from my friend who used stock firmware of CELB1 and he experience the same problem.. It seems that this issue is a bug from Samsung regarding the UAString .. He did set the UAString to Desktop but when he visit a certain web .. it display on mobile version .. It didn't happen before on other firmware version ..

I have reconfirm by flashing back to v2.2.0 and try to view that same website which it turned out on full desktop view.

thomasoeli
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
I just tried this site too...forum loaded right up in desktop mode. try toggling your UA string settings as well. Browser data did get wiped as a result of the switch to the Samsung browser, so perhaps something is stuck.
Hi alterbridge,

is it possible that you take the browser from version 2.2.0 into 2.3.1 or 2.3.2?

The stock browser from version 2.2.0 works perfect with the Desktop UA-String.
The translation did not bother me.

Thx Thomas
Device: LG Optimus L9 P768 - Bootloader Unlocked
ROM: Stock V20B South Africa JB 4.1.2 - Rooted + CWM

Eclypz
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:

Did you do an update or full install? Which device?
Regarding the browser sync force close:
Device: GT-P7500

Came from CM9, updated CWM from the overcome website, full wiped, full installed 2.3.1.

I only restored 2 games with titanium backup and nothing else.

_pX_
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pX_ View Post
After update I can't synchronize system browser with desktop one.
So, I cleared cache and data of "Internet" app and now it force close if I click synchronize menu

shmigao
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pX_ View Post
So, I cleared cache and data of "Internet" app and now it force close if I click synchronize menu
same here, browser force-closes on chrome synchronization...

i cleared cache and dalvik cache before installing 2.3.1 update zip, cleared data of browser, and fix_permissions, but browser still force-closes on synchronization.

also, facebook page displays low-res in browser, and clicking most links (such as "like" do not yield anything).

seems this browser version is really buggy
Phone: back to Nexus One (the old buddy still does it)
Tablet: Galaxy Tab 10.1 (p4 transformed to a p4wifi)

Legacy devices
Phone: HTC Butterfly S (lost/stolen)
Phone: HTC One X (passed to the loved one)
Tablet: Galaxy Tab (passed to the loved one)
Phone: G1 (for emergency purposes)

biggiebro
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Seems, the 2.3.1 update have a number of issues. I stick to 2.3.0 now, as currently i have no problem with it.

Samsung galaxy s2 official rom ICS coming out in few days time, and tab will follow suit soon, may be better to wait for overcome ics (3.0) for my next upgade.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Jay Rock
Old
Thanks Meter 272
No issues here bro.
LG G Pad 8.3 GPE (mine!), Galaxy Tab 10.1 stock 4.0.4 (parent), Galaxy S3 official OTA TW 4.3 (mine).