Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help with gps,Ill buy you a beer.

Tip us?

sola 7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Please help with gps,Ill buy you a beer.

Cant find a solution using search so here it goes. Im on MIUI 1.11.11. I love the rom but am having issues with gps. I had the same issue with the last MIUI rom. Ive only had the problem with these roms.
I get a fast lock and between 8 and 10 satellites, everything works great for about 2 minutes. Then it drops signal and cant pick it up again until I exit nav and restart, then works for a couple minutes and drops. Repeats cycle. I love these roms and would hate to change. Any help would be much appreciated.

Tx Redneck
Old
Thanks Meter 677
I've never used MIUI so I'm gonna make an assumption here that it has the drop-down notification area. When this happens to me on the CM based rom I run, if I pull the notification bar down and disable the GPS from there then re-enable it, it will stay locked for the duration.
God will not save you from that which he will perfect you through. Dr Voddie Baucham

If more people would get a divorce from themselves, they might learn how to live happily with someone else. Dr Ed Young Sr

No man ever sank beneath the burden of the day, it is when tomorrows burdens are added to today that the weight is more than we can bear. Dr Charles Stanley

joorie
Old
Thanks Meter 7
did you flash this patch? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1250226
the google specific one from 3.x works really well for me and I am on miui 1.11.11 as well

cwhitney24
Old
Recognized Themer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 4566

DONATE TO ME
Best solution ....BUY A MAP! Hahaha. I never use the GPS on here. Unstable at times. My Tom Tom is great and a map is even cooler!

Flashing different scripts that can be found here on xda may help. Also do a search in the market for "GPS Status & Toolbox" it can help.

I got your 10 char right here

heathroi
Old
Thanks Meter 127
does this help?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=213

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10836

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sola 7
Cant find a solution using search so here it goes. Im on MIUI 1.11.11. I love the rom but am having issues with gps. I had the same issue with the last MIUI rom. Ive only had the problem with these roms.
I get a fast lock and between 8 and 10 satellites, everything works great for about 2 minutes. Then it drops signal and cant pick it up again until I exit nav and restart, then works for a couple minutes and drops. Repeats cycle. I love these roms and would hate to change. Any help would be much appreciated.
As it is a MIUI problem I would check the MIUI site. No development for MIUI is done on XDA. So you can find some fixes but no real development.

Thread closed

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

The Following User Says Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe