[ROM] BakaG2X 2011-11-20 (FINAL RELEASE (maybe not)) [2.3.3]
BakaG2X 2011-11-20 (Final 2.3.3 Version - OR IS IT?)
Here is a pretty clean and basic ROM based on the LG 2.3.3 OTA.
It is designed for those who want a good clean base to do their OWN addons to, while removing more bloat than was added.
This is the FINAL release of BakaG2X on 2.3.3. I will also release a 2.3.4 ROM, but it will be offered separately.
WiFi Calling is included as T-Mobile's signal is horrible. Thank you.
This version cleans up a few things in the theme primarily, and sets a couple of tweaks that weren't done before. Not a big change over the previous version. The only build available comes with Wifi Calling. If you don't WANT wifi calling, you can simply remove Kineto.apk from the /system/app folder, and I recommend doing so if you don't use it.
The biggest theme change can be seen on the notification pulldown here, and I've updated that screenshot.
As before, bloat is available in the various bloat packs. If you have downloaded these before, you don't need to download them again, there have been no changes to those packs.
CORE BUILD FEATURES:
- 11/20 - ICS Animations (capez) - tweaked animation speeds
- 11/20 - Remove Battery Full & Battery Low Warnings but I LEFT the last Shutdown Warning..
- 11/20 - init.rc support
- 11/20 - Increased SD Read Ahead Cache to 3072
- 11/20 - zipalign new apk's on bootup
- 11/20 - new quick panel icons from O2X (smaller / textless)
- 11/20 - shell utils: bash/nano/sysrw/sysro (if you don't know don't ask)
- 11/20 - a few theme tweaks (notification ticker, carrier text, etc)
- 11/17 - Three Flashable "Bloat" packs. You probably want at least one. SEE BELOW.
- 11/17 - Google Talk with Video
- 11/17 - Google Music (replaces stock Music.apk)
- 11/17 - Toggle 2G Settings & Widget (TheMasterBaron)
- 11/17 - Updated Google Apps as of 11-17.
- 11/17 - busybox & su binaries updated.
- Reboot/Recovery Menu (untermensch / sicopat)
- Quick Panel Settings (dreamsforgotten)
- Accurate Battery Mod
- Removed LG Update process (was running all the time using ~10-20mb)
- Updated Google Apps as of 11/15
- CM7 Apps: Torch, E-Mail, Keyboard, Calculator, Sound Recorder
- GPS Tweaks for USA. SuplRootCert added.
- Misc build.prop edits (for gps/modversion/adb persist notify off)
- Adblock Host file.
- Theme bits (startup/shutdown/Roboto font/CRT Off/Lockscreen, etc)
- Of course it is fully zipaligned.
All Bloat Packs install to user applications, so you can uninstall bits you don't want.
- This of course means you'd need to reflash Bloat packs if you happen to wipe.
BLOAT PACK 1: Recommended Bloat
BLOAT PACK 2: Bloat T-Mobile Thinks You Want
- Titanium Backup Free (it will detect if you have Pro key saved on SD)
- MIUI Music
- CM7 File Manager
- Battery Calibration Tool
- Wallpapers / Ringtones installed to SD for easy removal.
Bloat Pack 3: Something I want and you probably don't.
- AppPack, Books, T-Mobile-TV, Polaris Office, My Account,
- Magic Smoke LWP, Visualizations LWP, Telenav, Zinio
- Tegra Zone, NFS Shift, Nova.
KNOWN ISSUES - BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN NO SURPRISES
- Japanese Samsung iWnnIME Keyboard
- Bluetooth may crash upon pairing. This is fixed in my 2.3.4 Rom, Tsugi.
- Kernels: I have tried both Faux123 and DragonG2X. They boot & Run, but have their own known issues. Cannot support them.
- Lockscreen lag. This is an issue with any LG based ROM. Some report it doesn't happen if you use certain 3rd party launchers.
- Toggle2G will ask for root permissions on bootup, and be denied automatically. You'll see a popup about that that goes away on its own. If you want to use the app, just open it manually and it will bring up the normal SuperUser prompt where you can approve superuser permissions.
- Stock Camera. If you want LG-Cam, you know how to get it.
- On the FIRST BOOT, the Media process will sometimes FC. It does not do this AFTER the first boot, and it doesn't always do it.
CORE DOWNLOAD (REQUIRED): http://www.multiupload.com/6OWAQ1AWHK
BLOAT PACK 1 RECOMMENDED: http://www.multiupload.com/9LU6MFZYB8
BLOAT PACK 2 T-MOBILE BLOAT: http://www.multiupload.com/DKWTOBQ8TH
BLOAT PACK 3 JAPANESE IME: http://www.multiupload.com/M586LXB6VF
TESTING ICS ANIMATIONS: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=78 - get the framework-res.apk and push it to /system/framework. Not flashable.
OVERCLOCK KERNEL: Faux123's 1.3 Kernel with FIXED BOOTUP TIME (Now boots up normally instead of rebuilding dalvik every time)
Flash the CORE DOWNLOAD first. Then flash any Bloat Packs you want. The Bloat Packs are not complete Roms. You must flash the CORE DOWNLOAD first, then select and flash any Bloat packs while you are still in CWM, or you can flash them later. Bloat packs don't wipe.