DVP vs Gen 2 Handsets

11th January 2012, 06:28 AM   |  #11  
Flag ajman
Thanks Meter: 1

55 posts
More
me personnel opinion is that win phone 8 will come to gen 1 devices...cos Apollo is slated for a 2012 release and as of now not many gen 2 handsets have come out with the latest being lumia 900 and htc titan2..talks of a samsung mendel has been going around..and the initially released gen 2 handsets(which do not have much difference with the first win phone handsets other than having mango preloaded and a slight bump in speed)but then thats it..i dont think microsoft would just want a few models trotting apollo since thats supposed to be one of their highlights in 2012....just my opinion though...
The Following User Says Thank You to nutnithin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #12  
Flag Auburn, WA
Thanks Meter: 85

1,345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnithin

me personnel opinion is that win phone 8 will come to gen 1 devices...cos Apollo is slated for a 2012 release and as of now not many gen 2 handsets have come out with the latest being lumia 900 and htc titan2..talks of a samsung mendel has been going around..and the initially released gen 2 handsets(which do not have much difference with the first win phone handsets other than having mango preloaded and a slight bump in speed)but then thats it..i dont think microsoft would just want a few models trotting apollo since thats supposed to be one of their highlights in 2012....just my opinion though...

Good arguement. I disagree though. I don't see Apollo hitting gen 1 devices. Many of the gen 1 devices, were old design, old hardware. They lacked the ability to do 4g and other accepted 'Now" functions....There may be 1 or 2 devices from gen 1 that could qualify, but, if looking for a continuing impact, Apollo on new devices, keeps the Wow going. Though I believe the Lumia 900 could be a Apollo device, the Lumia 710 most likely isn't. Now that OEMs are getting Windows Phones updated or compatible ( with android) hardware, I would think they would want those gen 1 devices to leave the market. Just my opinion....
18th January 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #13  
Flag Auburn, WA
Thanks Meter: 85

1,345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnithin

Actually I think that is what Ms wants. I think the apple model is their 'dream' destination. The various makes and models are for android competitors. Also, I believe everyone 'ideally' wants to drop the keyboard. Each year fewer and fewer are made...and designed.
I think the Ms models gives us low end, high end and something in between...in several different colors.
The Following User Says Thank You to alodar1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread