Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 47,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I was able to install astro filemanager through downloaded apk

Tip us?

yaggermr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default I was able to install astro filemanager through downloaded apk

I was able to install astro file manager via apk. I had to allow outside sites. I usd the package manager when prompted and open after install. I was able to see the system files but i tried to copy them to my sd card with no luck. This does not create a link on the shelf and i dont know how to launch it unless i reinstall from the downloads in the browser. I also attempted other apk some worked others did not. Not sure if this helps anyone I m not a developer just fooling around at Mc donalds playing with my new nook tablet. Maybe this info is already out their if so im sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to yaggermr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DKYang
Old
Thanks Meter 54
How about trying to install a launcher like Go Launcher? The Kindle Fire people have some type of success with Go Launcher.

scratchfury
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Have you tried rebooting after installing to see if icons appear?

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

yaggermr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
no but I will.

roustabout
Old
Thanks Meter 196
you'll need a launcher to be able to see your apps. The nook hasn't shown the BN installed apps and the user installed apps in the same place since 1.1.

Very interesting if Zeam or Go are installable. My memory is that the old BN app installer would not install non-BN apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to roustabout For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yaggermr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
I tried a reboot no luck. I Also tried to install the apps from the download location after reboot. I get a problem parsing the file. This could be because temporary internet cache is cleared after reboot not sure.

fateblaze
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have Go running right now on mine and it rebooted into it automatically. If I home button, it goes back to the Nook default UI and I haven't found a way to get back to Go yet.

yaggermr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
same her go is running and my other installed apk's are showing up in the app menu

yaggermr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default here are some bad pics of go launcher running on nook tablet

Here are some bad pics of go launcher running on nook. With installed apks in the app drawer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0256.jpg
Views:	1417
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	784899   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0254.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	784900  

fateblaze
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have File Expert, Market, G Books all installed as well as the Google services APK. Can't log into market yet. I'm a total n00b on this so if more experienced people have advice, let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to fateblaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]