[G-Apps][GUIDE] Google Apps on the Kindle Fire -Getting Around the Update 11/30-

OP Jolleyboy

27th November 2011, 08:04 AM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Android Market in The Czech Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius G

I was searching for a week for this, because im from Romania and amazon store doesnt work also. In fact its easy. Root your device and then install Root Explorer directly on the device. Open the browser in Kindle, search for Root Explorer, download and install. It works, now my problem is that GMArket is opening but i cant install/download any app. Hope it helps!

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded Root explorer.apk into my kindle from internet but I dont know hot to install it - how to run the .apk file. Web browser - downloader says that the file can not be opened. I am confused.......
27th November 2011, 10:22 AM   |  #112  

17 posts
can someone find a sollution for the market on kindle?
trying to move the vend file to the system app file and all i get is you cannot paste here because the file system is ready only.
Can anyone help me with this please?
27th November 2011, 01:38 PM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 47

508 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortarm

I got Google apps all working just fine, but it seems like i can't get my calendar to show my calendars and I don't have my contacts syncing.
Are others having this issue? Or did I miss a step?

I don't think they go over it in this thread, search around. Theres another file you need GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk and then I think you need a syncsettings app from store to actually trigger the google sync. Like I said, do a search on that apk and you should get some answers. My contacts are synched, I dont use calendar to confirm however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by george120879

trying to move the vend file to the system app file and all i get is you cannot paste here because the file system is ready only.
Can anyone help me with this please?

I'm sure you followed the steps in the first place, mainly

"6. Change mount option from RO to RW (read-only to read-write)
Paste Vending.apk into the /system/app folder
"
28th November 2011, 05:10 AM   |  #114  

6 posts
Looks like Root Explorer isn't available for the Kindle Fire anymore.
28th November 2011, 11:39 AM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 47

508 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejrah

Looks like Root Explorer isn't available for the Kindle Fire anymore.

Almost certain it never was. Sideloaded from elsewhere. You grab ES explorer from kindle store, then install root explorer.
28th November 2011, 02:05 PM   |  #116  

15 posts
Kindle Fire - Android Market
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelgow

Almost certain it never was. Sideloaded from elsewhere. You grab ES explorer from kindle store, then install root explorer.

Yes and that is a big problem for me because Amazon Market is not available in my country. I have Root explorer .apk but I can not install it because I can not grab ES from Amazon store. Is there any solution? Please help....
28th November 2011, 03:16 PM   |  #117  
Thanks Meter: 1

113 posts
I got Root Explorer a few months ago on amazon market was a free app of the day.
28th November 2011, 10:32 PM   |  #118  
Thanks Meter: 6

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff2

Yes and that is a big problem for me because Amazon Market is not available in my country. I have Root explorer .apk but I can not install it because I can not grab ES from Amazon store. Is there any solution? Please help....

Open up your browser and fill in the location to your apk file in the address bar like so:
Code:
file:///mnt/sdcard/Download/Vending.apk
where "mnt/sdcard/Download/Vending.apk" is the path to the file you're trying to install.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kuntao For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th November 2011, 10:41 PM   |  #119  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 14

384 posts
Apps such as Facebook, Twitter, etc are missing from the Market. How do you get the full selection?
28th November 2011, 10:43 PM   |  #120  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 38

730 posts
Donate to Me
More
where do I get Vending.apk ? and Root Explorer App?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps, gapps, google, kindle fire, sideload
Previous Thread Next Thread