Q) I'm having bootloops/hanging on boot since I've flashed 1.12.25 (or following releases)! What can I do?
A) Since 1.12.25 the base kernel of MIUI Mintberry has been changed to FuguMod as it provides best performance and battery life. Though it uses a different partition map than other kernels so it requires a one-time-only procedure to set your phone up.
- Get Fugumod kernel and latest Mintberry available
- Place both in your SDCARD
- Reboot into recovery
- Flash Fugumod
- Reboot into recovery
- Wipe Data / Factory reset (this will delete all apps and data, do a backup with Titanium or else if you need those)
- Format /system
- Flash latest Mintberry
From now on you can flash without any problem every Mintberry release. If you have to change kernel follow the same steps with the chosen one.
Q) I have autobrightness issues! Screen is always at highest (or lowest) brightness
A) Apparently something went wrong during installation procedure. Flash the ROM again to get rid of that bug (Wipe Cache after flashing to be sure)
Q) You wrote on Open Post that this ROM supports 9 languages but I can't find them!
A) MIUI Mintberry is strongly connected with a great app developed here on XDA: App Manager. It provides many useful features to take advantage of root privileges.
One great feature is ROMManager which let you to download directly on your phone flashable zip packages provided by us, such as Language Packs.
So to get them (and ROM updates when available) follow these steps:
Q) I see a green tint when the display is dimming.
1. Open App Manager
2. Tap on ROM Manager
3. Select MIUI Mintberry EDITION
4. Click on language pack for your current MIUI version
5. Tap on Download
6. When Download is finished, reboot into recovery
7. Flash it from /sdcard/romtoolbox/download/MIUI_mintberry
A) This issue appears when mixing punchy settings
on Voodoo Color with low brightness levels. Please, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings/Personal/Display Settings
2. Set Automatic brightness ON
3. Tap on Advanced mode
4. Switch "Use custom" ON
5. Tap on "Light level to dim" and set it to 20 (default)
Now you can keep automatic brightness on, if you want, or just switch it off.
Q) I'm using a kernel with VC and the colors look very ugly!
A) I suggest you one possibile configuration, but you can tweak the values as you like until you're satisfied with the results.
Q) The external speaker volume is too low.
1. Open Voodoo Control
2. in "Color profiles" choose Voodoo profile
3. in "Screen RGB multipliers" set Red to 321*, Green to 321*, and Blue to 395*
4. in "Screen v1 gamma hack" choose Punchy settings
A) That's normal. Make sure you have DSP Manager to tweak some settings as described:
1. Open DSP Manager
2. Select Phone Speaker
3. Enable the equalizer
4. Tap on the picture below
5. Slide the latest three values up to 3.0
If you think the trebles are too high, set a slightly lower value than 3.0 on the last one.
Q)The datadata folder is too small! (a.k.a. "It says the data partition is full when trying to install an application, but it's not!)
A) This is a CM7 bug that's been present since the first ports. I think there is a reason behind this choice because /datadata is a mount point, however... let's apply this little dirty workaround:
1. Open AppManager --> Root Explorer or any equivalent app
2. Delete folder /data/data
2. Copy folder /datadata to /data/
3. Change name of folder /data/datadata to /data/data/
Don't worry: you won't lose any app or data after doing this.
Q) It doesn't find my operator at startup, but everything's fine after some time.
A) If you tried flashing many modems and are sick of being roamed to another operator at startup and having to set your network operator manually or waiting for it to show up later, just follow these simple steps:
Q) Where can I download modems for MIUI Mintberry?
1. Go to Settings/System/Mobile Network Settings
2. Make sure Data roaming is set to OFF
3. Tap on "Network type selection";
4. Select "Only 3G"
A) MIUI, being based on CM7, uses the same modems so download your favourite from the great thread made by siky_dude: [CM7/MIUI/ICS][06.11.11] Modems + Bootloaders(MD5)
Thanks a lot thunderteaser for suggesting some F.A.Q.
If you have other F.A.Q. to add please post them in the thread!