FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Can someone clarify the 149$ vs $249

18th November 2011, 06:50 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
So I know this phone should be $249.99. However its only $149.99 in select markets. What is the reasoning behind this? I figured it was because I didn't live in an LTE area and I wouldn't for quite awhile; however two reps I spoke with said it was to push the phone to sell in "soon to be launched LTE hotspots". Is this true? I'm I'm.central Cali.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
 
 
18th November 2011, 07:04 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Central Cali? Bakersfield? I live in bako and was told lte early next year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
18th November 2011, 07:52 AM |#3  
gheck911's Avatar
Member
Flag Modesto
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I'm in Modesto and the sales rep looked like I was speaking French when I asked about a LTE rollout. Idiots. Best Buy told me summer 2012. We'll see.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
18th November 2011, 08:59 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
I don't know about other areas but in Greater LA area, it was initially $249 online but after few days, the price dropped. As for the ATT store, the rep told me that it was $149 from start.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
18th November 2011, 03:06 PM |#5  
Member
Flag San Ramon, CA
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthornton71707

So I know this phone should be $249.99. However its only $149.99 in select markets. What is the reasoning behind this? I figured it was because I didn't live in an LTE area and I wouldn't for quite awhile; however two reps I spoke with said it was to push the phone to sell in "soon to be launched LTE hotspots". Is this true? I'm I'm.central Cali.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

The phone costs $149 now in all AT&T stores and if ordered directly by AT&T
18th November 2011, 03:09 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
They reduced the price of their 2 current LTE phones (Vivid, Skyrocket) by $100 in LTE coverage areas. I do not live in an LTE area but my rep honored the discount, so I was able to get the Skyrocket for $149. I think she just fudged the zip code so the discount would show on the computer. I live about 3 hours away from San Antonio which has LTE coverage. Now I need an excuse to visit so I can test out LTE.
18th November 2011, 03:19 PM |#7  
Ginther's Avatar
Member
Flag Houston TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
My area has them for $149 right now.

Do you guys think the price will drop any further in the near future?

Or is it likely to go back UP to the $250 it was originally priced at on release date?
18th November 2011, 03:46 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 452
 
Donate to Me
More
Online & all the official stores and authorized retailers in my area that I called in my area had them for $249. I ended up purchasing mine for $149 using my Premier account.
18th November 2011, 05:24 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
If you are new to ATT or adding a line, you can get it for 50% off at 125 dollars. Although the discount says its online only, the ATT CS guy was awesome for me and did everything right there. Ended up paying 160 dollars for the phone and 3 accessories.
18th November 2011, 06:03 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Quincy, MA
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aretzios

The phone costs $149 now in all AT&T stores and if ordered directly by AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlthepearl

They reduced the price of their 2 current LTE phones (Vivid, Skyrocket) by $100 in LTE coverage areas. I do not live in an LTE area but my rep honored the discount, so I was able to get the Skyrocket for $149. I think she just fudged the zip code so the discount would show on the computer. I live about 3 hours away from San Antonio which has LTE coverage. Now I need an excuse to visit so I can test out LTE.

False. I live in an LTE area (Boston) and it is $249.99 for me online.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes