Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

focus s dev unlock

Tip us?

oneslow5oh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Question focus s dev unlock

hey everyone i just got a samsung focus s yesterday and i was wondering would i go about dev unlocking the same way as the regular focus? i had the original focus and had it dev unlocked to side load apps and all that, but that was even before the no-do update.. just curious, do you unlock it the same way? any info would be awesome thanks everyone!
Current: Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Rooted, AOKP JB 4.1.1
Past: Htc Vivid Darkraider 1.5.2 Rooted, Unlocked Bootloader, S-on
Motorola Atrix 4.5.91 CM7, Unlocked Bootloader, Rooted And Overclocked, to 1.45 ghz
Samsung Focus S, Stock For Now

EnderPsp
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslow5oh View Post
hey everyone i just got a samsung focus s yesterday and i was wondering would i go about dev unlocking the same way as the regular focus? i had the original focus and had it dev unlocked to side load apps and all that, but that was even before the no-do update.. just curious, do you unlock it the same way? any info would be awesome thanks everyone!
The right way would be through Chevron WP7 labs, costs $9. Then, you can deploy XAPs, interop unlock, etc.

oneslow5oh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
i did all that and bought the token and it says its unlocked, how can i tell? isnt there a number i can dial to check to see if it is dev unlocked?
Current: Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Rooted, AOKP JB 4.1.1
Past: Htc Vivid Darkraider 1.5.2 Rooted, Unlocked Bootloader, S-on
Motorola Atrix 4.5.91 CM7, Unlocked Bootloader, Rooted And Overclocked, to 1.45 ghz
Samsung Focus S, Stock For Now

ANTLink19
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
I don't believe there is a way to verify it other than than to try and sideload an app. Gotta have faith.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

dmw_4814
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I Chevron-unlocked & interop-unlocked my Focus S yesterday, and sideloaded Advanced Configuration Tools, but I can't seem to get anything to work. Advanced Configuration Tools installs and runs just fine, but everytime I try to change theme colors (all I tried to do so far), I get a message that it "can't apply changes"!

There must be something different with this phone as opposed to the original Focus (which I was able to do these kinds of things without any problem at all) - i.e., different drivers, another layer of security, etc. Whatever it is, I'm anxious for someone to crack it, as all I really want to do is change my theme colors - the original ones get REALLY boring after a while!

Dennis

onesikpuppy
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I haven't been able to get any xap that changes registry settings to work. Must be a problem with second gen phones.
Smart Phone History: Tilt/Fuze/Captivate/Atrix/Captivate/Focus/Nokia N9/Titan/Focus S/
Lumia 920/Note 2/Nexus 5/Moto X (DE)/Lumia 1020/LG G2

Yippikaye
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesikpuppy View Post
I haven't been able to get any xap that changes registry settings to work. Must be a problem with second gen phones.
I've the same issue.

BigJeff
Old
Thanks Meter 180
USE WINDOWSBREAK FOR FREE UNLIMITED SIDELOADS! Not mine credit to devs.