Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

focus s dev unlock

OP oneslow5oh

18th November 2011, 11:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nor Cal
Thanks Meter: 8

155 posts
More
hey everyone i just got a samsung focus s yesterday and i was wondering would i go about dev unlocking the same way as the regular focus? i had the original focus and had it dev unlocked to side load apps and all that, but that was even before the no-do update.. just curious, do you unlock it the same way? any info would be awesome thanks everyone!
18th November 2011, 01:15 PM   |  #2  
Lost in Europe :)
Thanks Meter: 223

1,078 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslow5oh

hey everyone i just got a samsung focus s yesterday and i was wondering would i go about dev unlocking the same way as the regular focus? i had the original focus and had it dev unlocked to side load apps and all that, but that was even before the no-do update.. just curious, do you unlock it the same way? any info would be awesome thanks everyone!

The right way would be through Chevron WP7 labs, costs $9. Then, you can deploy XAPs, interop unlock, etc.
21st November 2011, 05:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nor Cal
Thanks Meter: 8

155 posts
More
i did all that and bought the token and it says its unlocked, how can i tell? isnt there a number i can dial to check to see if it is dev unlocked?
16th December 2011, 09:38 PM   |  #4  
Flag Des Moines
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't believe there is a way to verify it other than than to try and sideload an app. Gotta have faith.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
17th December 2011, 10:14 PM   |  #5  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 18

158 posts
More
I Chevron-unlocked & interop-unlocked my Focus S yesterday, and sideloaded Advanced Configuration Tools, but I can't seem to get anything to work. Advanced Configuration Tools installs and runs just fine, but everytime I try to change theme colors (all I tried to do so far), I get a message that it "can't apply changes"!

There must be something different with this phone as opposed to the original Focus (which I was able to do these kinds of things without any problem at all) - i.e., different drivers, another layer of security, etc. Whatever it is, I'm anxious for someone to crack it, as all I really want to do is change my theme colors - the original ones get REALLY boring after a while!

Dennis
19th December 2011, 10:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Logan, WV
Thanks Meter: 13

155 posts
More
I haven't been able to get any xap that changes registry settings to work. Must be a problem with second gen phones.
22nd March 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #7  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesikpuppy

I haven't been able to get any xap that changes registry settings to work. Must be a problem with second gen phones.

I've the same issue.
28th April 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag Stanwood
Thanks Meter: 182

805 posts
More
USE WINDOWSBREAK FOR FREE UNLIMITED SIDELOADS! Not mine credit to devs.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread