FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

focus s dev unlock

158 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By oneslow5oh, Senior Member on 18th November 2011, 10:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hey everyone i just got a samsung focus s yesterday and i was wondering would i go about dev unlocking the same way as the regular focus? i had the original focus and had it dev unlocked to side load apps and all that, but that was even before the no-do update.. just curious, do you unlock it the same way? any info would be awesome thanks everyone!

18th November 2011, 12:15 PM |#2  
Lost in Europe :)
Thanks Meter: 224

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslow5oh

hey everyone i just got a samsung focus s yesterday and i was wondering would i go about dev unlocking the same way as the regular focus? i had the original focus and had it dev unlocked to side load apps and all that, but that was even before the no-do update.. just curious, do you unlock it the same way? any info would be awesome thanks everyone!

The right way would be through Chevron WP7 labs, costs $9. Then, you can deploy XAPs, interop unlock, etc.
21st November 2011, 04:07 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nor Cal
Thanks Meter: 9

More
i did all that and bought the token and it says its unlocked, how can i tell? isnt there a number i can dial to check to see if it is dev unlocked?
16th December 2011, 08:38 PM |#4  
Flag Des Moines
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
I don't believe there is a way to verify it other than than to try and sideload an app. Gotta have faith.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
17th December 2011, 09:14 PM |#5  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I Chevron-unlocked & interop-unlocked my Focus S yesterday, and sideloaded Advanced Configuration Tools, but I can't seem to get anything to work. Advanced Configuration Tools installs and runs just fine, but everytime I try to change theme colors (all I tried to do so far), I get a message that it "can't apply changes"!

There must be something different with this phone as opposed to the original Focus (which I was able to do these kinds of things without any problem at all) - i.e., different drivers, another layer of security, etc. Whatever it is, I'm anxious for someone to crack it, as all I really want to do is change my theme colors - the original ones get REALLY boring after a while!

Dennis
19th December 2011, 09:20 PM |#6  
Flag Logan, WV
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I haven't been able to get any xap that changes registry settings to work. Must be a problem with second gen phones.
22nd March 2012, 07:57 PM |#7  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesikpuppy

I haven't been able to get any xap that changes registry settings to work. Must be a problem with second gen phones.

I've the same issue.
28th April 2012, 08:06 PM |#8  
Flag Stanwood
Thanks Meter: 183

More
USE WINDOWSBREAK FOR FREE UNLIMITED SIDELOADS! Not mine credit to devs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread