Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Tip us?

stritfajt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirasina View Post
Ok it works now. but my phone just showed in the logcat that the phone process died. and well it tried to restart it and then went into a reboot.

And it also showed it was caused by BT audio headset service. BT is turned off but still XD

Yep the bluetooth headset service is bugging out on me.
I'll have a look at this!

stefpaul
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Well i made some modifications in the rom...and seems that i can make calls, but the other person on the line can't hear me... and i see that the market isn't working... So i need to install a file manager...

When i installed the rom i got the error : randon offset 0 x 62

I think that when CM9 will be released, we will have a more that a stable rom i think... but we can have a stable rom before CM9 is released...we just need to work

Keep you guys in touch if i get things working

Stefan
Google Nexus 5 32 GB Stock with ART
HTC One S Sense 5.0 [Thanks Venom Team! ] Grey Moonshine S-OFF (thanks guys), CID 032 and HBOOT 3.01.444
HTC HERO Black w/ Sense or AOSP roms [out of order...]
HP TouchPad 32 GB Android 4.4 [CM Night Builds] << A BIG THANKS TO MILAQ >> + WebOS 3.0.5 [broken - too lazy to repair it ) ]

If my posts are useful please thank me (by button )

djsky2011
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1224
Just to let u know stritfajt, all the guys from the galaxy ace forum have a lot of respect for u porting this. Our device is quite similar in archetecture so if u need any help u could pay our forum a visit. Our developers are looking for team members

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

stritfajt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
Updated, as promised.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stritfajt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Loxxy
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
just checking in will check out again once google account, file manager and file explorer working ... keep up the great work
My work
HTC HERO - [Rom] Island Punch [JB][Team Legacy]

Devices:
Google Nexus One (jb 4.1.1)

dkelley
Old
(Last edited by dkelley; 22nd November 2011 at 07:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 198
yes - it would be REALLY helpful if a free file manager could be included in this rom please.

edit: I keep having to unzip the rom and copy a file manager apk into system/app and then rezip it before I flash it.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE i717D (yup - my old note 1)

ANDROID SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
(check out the PayWith Worldwide app in google play - I wrote that, they're my employer)

My favorite blogs:
Android Zorro: Underground Inside Scoop

Google: Android Developers

Android Phone Fans: Phandroid

stritfajt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley View Post
yes - it would be REALLY helpful if a free file manager could be included in this rom please.

edit: I keep having to unzip the rom and copy a file manager apk into system/app and then rezip it before I flash it.
Will add in the next update! Could you test if data is working for you on this one? Calling and texting is working for me, but I can't get working 3G...

dkelley
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by stritfajt View Post
Will add in the next update! Could you test if data is working for you on this one? Calling and texting is working for me, but I can't get working 3G...
I forgot to test that but I went into mobile data and it automatically foudn my apn from some magical source not found in previous android versions (very cool!) so I selected it but dind't see the typically notification bar indicator of data connection.

I'll test that after I try to flash titanium backup into it. edit: my tit back zip seems corrupted... rebooting now without it and will try data.

phone works but I have no idea if microphone works (I've read here that it doesn't!?). does anyone know if wired headset mics work (like the included stock hero headphones/mic combo)?
SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

(check out the PayWith Worldwide app in google play - I wrote that, they're my employer)

My favorite blogs:

stritfajt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley View Post
I forgot to test that but I went into mobile data and it automatically foudn my apn from some magical source not found in previous android versions (very cool!) so I selected it but dind't see the typically notification bar indicator of data connection.

I'll test that after I try to flash titanium backup into it. edit: my tit back zip seems corrupted... rebooting now without it and will try data.

phone works but I have no idea if microphone works (I've read here that it doesn't!?). does anyone know if wired headset mics work (like the included stock hero headphones/mic combo)?
Microphone actually work, just that the person at the other end can't hear you You can hear your own echo though!

dkelley
Old
(Last edited by dkelley; 22nd November 2011 at 09:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 198
ok, on rebooting after having previously configured that telus apn, my 3g data DOES WORK!

I HAVE DATA. I HAVE PHONE (except, presumably, microphone built in).

not sure about network based location services though - so far that isn't working for me but wil have to push in a file manager and see what I can get from this.

because popup select boxes dont' work, I can't change my timezone manually (it's wrong and not updating automatically probably due to broken location services).

so it shows 3 hours off time.

I would place a high priority on:
- solving these popup select boxes that don't render (and actually cause an apk reset, like it restarts settings.apk if you do this from within settings).
- solving built in mic functionality.
- keyboard is missing bottom row of buttons - so no punctuation or space character... edit: only problme in portrait, landscape keyboard is fine. I'm sure it was fine in portrait when I flashed alpha 2 originally though... odd

I mean, obviously right? and like I can't help solve the problems, but I figure it's best to point out the items that appear to be broken AND seriously detrimental to every day use of this rom.

I can't BELIEVE how good this is however!

note: downloading file expert apk over 3g right now! update: the file never actually downloaded although it appeared as "downloading" in notification bar with animation that imho indicates waiting to start downloading... could be the url though....
SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

My favorite blogs: