5,594,518 Members 32,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Tip us?

dkelley
Old
(Last edited by dkelley; 22nd November 2011 at 09:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by slobo2712 View Post
anyone have numbers on tastature?
huh? ........

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

oh MAN... runing armored strike and it's REALLY SLOW on this rom LoL. edit actually game becomes unresponsive on an early menu. spira defense works though quite well (although screen drawing is a visibly low framerate...) which is cool to see :)

but hell - I'm impressed that I can play games at all on it heh heh

and to confirm, I definitely have no root on this nor superuser app etc. this is not a rooted rom.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

there does appear to be no speaker output from this rom - like games or media have no output that I can hear.
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE i717D
-- Sam.jh's Custom Canadian Jelly Bean Telus rom - amazing!

My favorite blogs:
Android Zorro: Underground Inside Scoop

Google: Android Developers

Android Phone Fans: Phandroid

stritfajt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley View Post
huh? ........

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

oh MAN... runing armored strike and it's REALLY SLOW on this rom LoL. edit actually game becomes unresponsive on an early menu. spira defense works though quite well (although screen drawing is a visibly low framerate...) which is cool to see :)

but hell - I'm impressed that I can play games at all on it heh heh

and to confirm, I definitely have no root on this nor superuser app etc. this is not a rooted rom.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

there does appear to be no speaker output from this rom - like games or media have no output that I can hear.
Well, we don't have any hardware acceleration yet, that's why it's slow. Once we fix that, this ROM should become quite responsive.

Habarug
Old
Thanks Meter 414
Yup :) and once you have improved the speed I'm up to some sweet ics testing again :)

sent with love from me to you
HTC ONE S Locked, stock, Super-Cid and S-Off :P

Nexus 10 Clean Rom

dkelley
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by stritfajt View Post
Well, we don't have any hardware acceleration yet, that's why it's slow. Once we fix that, this ROM should become quite responsive.
it's already really amazingly good! fix the sound, get it rooted if possible, and fix the popup select box widgets in the settings app, and voila - a rom that can be used as a daily driver!

I tried camera 360 but it can't see any camera hardware naturally. it was worth a shot though LoL.

My favorite blogs:

Ciprilik
Old
Thanks Meter 69
what is Random offset: 0x1ae when flashing the rom?
Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000

Rom: CyanogenMod 10 -> 27/10/2012 Nightly
Kernel: Stock

If my post helped you, please consider hitting the Thanks button on the left. Try it, it doesn't hurt !

Need more space to backup your files? Do it in the "cloud"! Use Dropbox and get 2GB for FREE... click the blue box above to register and we both get 250MB of additional free space.

dkelley
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciprilik View Post
what is Random offset: 0x1ae when flashing the rom?
uh oh - your cpu is dying.... I hate that message on the hero, end of life is getting near...

just kidding! sorry :) . I have no idea what that means.

My favorite blogs:

stritfajt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley View Post
it's already really amazingly good! fix the sound, get it rooted if possible, and fix the popup select box widgets in the settings app, and voila - a rom that can be used as a daily driver!

I tried camera 360 but it can't see any camera hardware naturally. it was worth a shot though LoL.
Just uploaded a new release. Sound is working, except for ringtones (suspect a codec issue but I have to go to sleep). It already was rooted, but I've installed the Su app from now on. I've also included a simple file manager.

I will have to investigate the popup boxes in settings. Some of them work and some don't... Will also take a look at the camera tomorrow.

Anyways, as of this release we actually have basic telephone functions working. Great success!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stritfajt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

puppyko
Old
(Last edited by puppyko; 22nd November 2011 at 11:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by stritfajt View Post
Great work with libaudio! GSM Hero now have all the basic functionality of a working phone
This is amazing! Now microphone on phone works (ie. able to output sound) ?
Edit :- ok, saw your newer release now. Thx

Ciprilik
Old
(Last edited by Ciprilik; 22nd November 2011 at 11:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 69
@dkelley:
Phew ! I thought there was something wrong with the installation or it's just something normal in the update script Well if my Hero's cpu is dying then I am going to replace the phone with a brand new Hero ( my battery is kinda dying on me also) just kidding too :P but not about the battery .

@stritfajt: Great Job! The calling function is fully operational indeed ... the phone rang with the default ringtone ... the others are not working even on preview. Superuser is not working... I've tried SetCpu and Titanium Backup and both can't obtain root access.
Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000

Rom: CyanogenMod 10 -> 27/10/2012 Nightly
Kernel: Stock

If my post helped you, please consider hitting the Thanks button on the left. Try it, it doesn't hurt !

Need more space to backup your files? Do it in the "cloud"! Use Dropbox and get 2GB for FREE... click the blue box above to register and we both get 250MB of additional free space.

dkelley
Old
(Last edited by dkelley; 22nd November 2011 at 11:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 197
DAMN! this is the fastest progress on a completely brand new leading edge android major version release that I've ever seen, and fundamentally from one hero guy who's doing all of this porting and investigation and building work!

amazing...

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

is anyone in other forums working on gapps integration? besides cm of course which could take a while. market is the biggest priority of course, everything else can be pulled from market in theory.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

trying something here for google accounts: I flashed a flashable gmail apk to see if it adds a google account to the device (it "ought" to, but who knows).

EDIT: it worked! gmail is up and running and doing first sync on my phone.

attached to this message is the flashable gmail apk
Attached Files
File Type: zip flashable_gmail_2-3-4.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.47 MB, 24 views)

My favorite blogs: