5,601,143 Members 53,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Tip us?

darkmansd
Old
Thanks Meter 12
on the camera topic: what does the camera prevent from working? what issues have to be overcome?

paulreminder
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmansd View Post
on the camera topic: what does the camera prevent from working? what issues have to be overcome?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1439435 see ghostofcain's reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to paulreminder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stritfajt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well, our camera library, which is proprietary, is made for 2.1 and can be used in 2.3 with some hacks. In 4.0 however, we would need a great amount of hacks to get it working.

To be honest, I can't see myself fixing the camera, I just don't have the time it would take. There's also very few other developers left on the Hero, so it seems unlikely that someone will get it working.

However, if developers for some other device running Adreno 130 and a armv6 cpu (are there even such devices?) get it working we could probably just port their hack over
The Following User Says Thank You to stritfajt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkmansd
Old
Thanks Meter 12
couldn't we ask qualcomm for the drivers?^^

since they released the drivers for the adreno 200 chipsets both armv6 and armv7 after community request

Habarug
Old
Thanks Meter 414
Quote:
couldn't we ask qualcomm for the drivers?^^

since they released the drivers for the adreno 200 chipsets both armv6 and armv7 after community request
Yeah, sure, ill just give em a call later ^^
HTC ONE S Locked, stock, Super-Cid and S-Off :P

Nexus 10 Clean Rom

darkmansd
Old
(Last edited by darkmansd; 10th April 2012 at 08:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habarug View Post
Yeah, sure, ill just give em a call later ^^
yeah i know...it sounds rather unlikely....but who knows? its better than doing nothing and waiting....if we ask for it all together maybe it works?

https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum...no/8081?page=4

the thread with the people asking for the adreno 200 drivers....its only 5 pages long...so they weren't that many too...

and the worst possible outcome would be, that they don't support it anymore....which would be the same situation as now ;D

EDIT: But maybe someone with more experience like stritfajt should start the thread, since i would not exactly know what to ask for...and it shouldn't be a one-line post^^

EDIT2: Ah and we should ask the people of other phones with adreno130 to post there too....if there even are any other devices with it

EDIT3: these devices: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSM7000

EDIT4: haha i got excited ;D but i think that there is no reason not to release the drivers since nobody would not buy a new phone even if the hero can run ics....since it really got old these days^^ it's more like a..."just because it can run on it" thing

EDIT5: ah i just read the post of ghostofcain....so drivers from quallcomm wouldn't bring any benefit?

jablo3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hello i found some things are not working:
1) Videos on by browser (like youtube etc)
2) Gallery,
3) Can't connect to computer via storage
4) i'll report more if i found.
Phone: HTC Hero (Era G2 Touch)
Rom: [2.3.5] HTX MIUI 0.26
I'm working on making my Hero perfect ;3.

#Sorry for my English. I know, is bad.

stritfajt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
yeah i know...it sounds rather unlikely....but who knows? its better than doing nothing and waiting....if we ask for it all together maybe it works?

https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum...no/8081?page=4

the thread with the people asking for the adreno 200 drivers....its only 5 pages long...so they weren't that many too...

and the worst possible outcome would be, that they don't support it anymore....which would be the same situation as now ;D

EDIT: But maybe someone with more experience like stritfajt should start the thread, since i would not exactly know what to ask for...and it shouldn't be a one-line post^^

EDIT2: Ah and we should ask the people of other phones with adreno130 to post there too....if there even are any other devices with it

EDIT3: these devices: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSM7000

EDIT4: haha i got excited ;D but i think that there is no reason not to release the drivers since nobody would not buy a new phone even if the hero can run ics....since it really got old these days^^ it's more like a..."just because it can run on it" thing

EDIT5: ah i just read the post of ghostofcain....so drivers from quallcomm wouldn't bring any benefit?
I don't even think it's worth trying to contact quallcom since there's so few devices actually using it. They won't bother. But if you feel like it, go ahead. It would certainly help!

stritfajt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
I compiled the Evervolv sources that HeroC uses. However, I couldn't get the OpenGL hack to work in it. I decided to try the CM sources instead, since this ROM is quite terrible without the OpenGL fix. I might not have any time tomorrow, but hopefully I'll be able to get some work done later this week
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stritfajt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paulreminder
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jablo3 View Post
Hello i found some things are not working:
1) Videos on by browser (like youtube etc)
2) Gallery,
3) Can't connect to computer via storage
4) i'll report more if i found.
About the gallery issue, yes it's relatively slow and even not usable. This app is developed by cooliris and licensed to Google as android default photo app back in the 2.1 days. It's totally an awful app since not only it constantly creates thumbnail cache which affects device performance, cooliris seems has already dropped its update and support. You can Choose quick pic instead which is way better.

I did try to install stock ICS photo app but failed cuz I faced a parsing failure while installing the apk.

Sent from my Full Android on Hero using xda premium