Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Telus Canada

Tip us?

CrazyPhil
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I followed this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1406812

And it seems to work a bit better.

COMPACTER
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I know this is an old thread, but to clear the records you can unlock and use the Droid 3 by Verizon on Telus or any other canadian provider without issues, so for those that state you need to have Verizon unlock the device before using is totally wrong 110%

Go nuts and buy those locked or unlocked Droids to use on Telus or rogers etc... it will work, just add the APN by the specific provider and your good to go,

On another note please also look at the specs before purchasing any device make sure the Network Frequency also matches.

CDM Sales & Services. "Get Connected to What Matters!"

leobg
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPACTER View Post
I know this is an old thread, but to clear the records you can unlock and use the Droid 3 by Verizon on Telus or any other canadian provider without issues, so for those that state you need to have Verizon unlock the device before using is totally wrong 110%

Go nuts and buy those locked or unlocked Droids to use on Telus or rogers etc... it will work, just add the APN by the specific provider and your good to go,

On another note please also look at the specs before purchasing any device make sure the Network Frequency also matches.
That, unless Verizon altered the default unlock code. And this is about 50% in the cases. You being lucky doesn't mean everyone else is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
leobg

COMPACTER
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What are you talking about? Verizon has nothing to do with altering the unlock codes, i have done this for over 100 verizon phones 10 of those were all droid 3's so what are you talking about?

CDM Sales & Services. "Get Connected to What Matters!"