FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

(ROM) Working ICS Port for Euro / ATT GS2 (11-18-2011)

467 posts
Thanks Meter: 202
 
By infinitybiff, Senior Member on 18th November 2011, 06:34 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Thanks to the developer - @xplodwold - for getting this working on the Euro GS2. It can be flashed safely on an ATT GS2 and works quite well. I've literally done nothing here, just informing you all that it works and providing download link since I don't see another post.

What's Broken?
-------------------
Everything , but it boots and you can get a good feel for the new OS we're patiently waiting for.

NOTE- this uses a euro gs2 kernel so your soft buttons won't work and you have to navigate recovery differently until you flash back to your daily ROM. Volume buttons control up and down and power button is used to select.

Enjoy

http://www.multiupload.com/RGMUE59K6Q
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinitybiff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
18th November 2011, 06:47 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Doylestown, PA
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Could we just flash I777 kernel and AT&T modems or does it all have to be reworked?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
18th November 2011, 06:49 PM |#3  
infinitybiff's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidobsessed

Could we just flash I777 kernel and AT&T modems or does it all have to be reworked?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I tried to hellraise it and it stopped booting.
18th November 2011, 06:51 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 355
 
More
You can send texts and make calls. I wouldnt post this stuff guys. Its directly flashable and not even a port per se.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App
18th November 2011, 07:03 PM |#5  
Alucardis666's Avatar
Senior Member
Miramar
Thanks Meter: 231
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitybiff

Thanks to the developer - @xplodwold - for getting this working on the Euro GS2. It can be flashed safely on an ATT GS2 and works quite well. I've literally done nothing here, just informing you all that it works and providing download link since I don't see another post.

What's Broken?
-------------------
Everything , but it boots and you can get a good feel for the new OS we're patiently waiting for.

NOTE- this uses a euro gs2 kernel so your soft buttons won't work and you have to navigate recovery differently until you flash back to your daily ROM. Volume buttons control up and down and power button is used to select.

Enjoy

http://www.multiupload.com/RGMUE59K6Q

Thanks for sharing
18th November 2011, 07:19 PM |#6  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,325
 
Donate to Me
More
It would require a different kernel to work properly. Normal Gingerbread kernels won't work.

A proper port will use the same kernel base as ICS, which is either Linux 3.0 or 3.1 - the port here is based on a Gingerbread 2.6.35.7 kernel full of massive hackery.

Basically, they're spinning like crazy to get out a partially functional proof of concept, and will effectively have to nuke and repave once ICS officially comes out for the I9100.

I've done the "backlevel kernel hackery" deal once (xdandroid - 2.6.29 kernels for Froyo...), and I'm not doing it again.

I'm not going to mess with ICS until there's a proper I9100 ICS kernel source drop.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2011, 07:43 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
well i installed it, it was pretty cool, it ran smoothly outside of the fact that nothing with data or really anything worked, it was cool, i cant wait for a working version and the bottom buttons not working isnt a big deal cause you have the on screen keys
18th November 2011, 07:46 PM |#8  
Dungeon47's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Internet
Thanks Meter: 471
 
Donate to Me
More
I'm waiting until it's stable, and the needless OS home/back keys can be removed. My softkeys work just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dungeon47 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2011, 07:50 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Kapowsin, WA
Thanks Meter: 380
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512


I'm not going to mess with ICS until there's a proper I9100 ICS kernel source drop.

ahhh your no fun, but it'll be worth the wait.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeon47

I'm waiting until it's stable, and the needless OS home/back keys can be removed. My softkeys work just fine.

thats impossible, its on a i9100 kernal, with no softkey's, what kernal did you flash?
18th November 2011, 07:55 PM |#10  
task650's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,857
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMudder77

ahhh your no fun, but it'll be worth the wait.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------



thats impossible, its on a i9100 kernal, with no softkey's, what kernal did you flash?

hes meaning that he doesnt like the fact of the os keys. he like using his sofkeys and finds the os keys pointless. at least thats what i got out of his statement.
The Following User Says Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2011, 07:59 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Clearwater, FL
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Softkeys = Software based key input
Hardware keys = hardware based

Your Hardware keys work just fine.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes