Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Amazon Video APK

Tip us?

nstong
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Bunch of hypocrites, they sell root only apps
http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...eed_not_apply/

noiofnine
Old
Thanks Meter 4
installs and runs great on hp touchpad. however on purchase and login i get the following: Error linking device: Unknown error

XR01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What do you mean it runs great? I get to the point of seeing the button to play the video, but it is grayed out. I can play Amazon videos fine on my Exhibit II by temporarily unrooting the stock OS. It seems Cyanogenmod is somehow detected, because it doesn't work on my Nook Color with the Cyanogenmod either.

mcmb03
Old
Thanks Meter 111

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstong View Post
Bunch of hypocrites, they sell root only apps
http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...eed_not_apply/
whoever wrote this article obviously has never had the balls to root a device and actually see what is possible, or even research it for that matter
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 // [Stock | Rooted]
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 // [Rooted | Latest Nameless ROM]

Sign up for Dropbox, SugarSync, Minus, or Copy.com to store files online for free and support me if I've helped you (we both get free additional storage)!
Try Hulu+

redifrogger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the apk that allows me to play the videos for free that come with the amazon prime account (I signed up for a free month), but I don't see how to 'borrow' a book for free - this also comes with the prime account on kindle devices. Anyone have any information on how to do this on a Galaxy Tab?

baldbear
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Only Kindle devices can borrow books for free with the Prime membership. (you borrow directly from the device)

bedwa
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 648
Two things. One KFHD looks for the device to be logged into amazon, I bet this requires framework not on our devices. Two, probably crashes when trying to view due to same.

Bottom line? Besides logcats to figure things out, I'm pretty sure a system dump will be needed to get the correct files to go with this......
Former Devices: HTC Wizard-WM 6.5, OG iPhone, iPhone 3GS, 15+ android devices, including N1, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 7.7 and many more.
Current Device: Droid Bionic on AT&T with CM 11 nightly. Rockin GSM style.

Old Project(s)
Resources: Tab 7.7 Kernel/Initramfs
Kernels: Thrillz---Thrillz-GB---Infusion-GB---Infusion (Froyo)
No Odin? Flash a I897/I997 Kernel, Modem or both "zip packages!"
Red Nexus S LWP
LG Optimus Z Launcher

My Git.
My Twitter
Fuel my insanity fund, or click Thanks.

ayman07
Old
Thanks Meter 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by redifrogger View Post
I have the apk that allows me to play the videos for free that come with the amazon prime account (I signed up for a free month), but I don't see how to 'borrow' a book for free - this also comes with the prime account on kindle devices. Anyone have any information on how to do this on a Galaxy Tab?
And which apk would that be? I can browse (which is kind of nice) but like everyone, crashes when trying to play.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

If i have helped you, dont hesitate to hit the thanks button

ecols33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrucedogs View Post
It installed and works fine, however every time I click on a video free or paid, I get a FC.

Has anyone found a work around?
Same thing happens to me! 😠

FrostyOrDie
Old
Thanks Meter 74
You don't need to temp in root either. There's an xposed module called root cloak that let's you pick specific apps to hide root from. Works great