XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Screen Protector?

Tip us?

ruvort
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelvinaz View Post
I bought a Halo Screen Protector Film Invisible for my Rezound, but I never installed it, still on my desk in its envelope. Don't really think I am that overly protective of my phone but I haven't used a screen protector now for years (Dinc before the Rezound)... I pocket the phone screen to the thigh rather than use a holster and am careful what I put on top of the phone when it is laying on a table.

I do take care of my equipment though... Living in the desert, it is hot, dry and dusty so you have to be a little careful when cleaning things to make sure there is no grit.

I do use a case as I am more worried about wearing from normal use on the bottom and sides of the phone and some protection from drops. My Dinc looks brand new and I got it when they first came out.

My Rezound.. No scratches at all.
Thank you for the input sir :)
I sent you a PM btw.

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk

Kravur
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsP View Post
+1 these. This is what I use.

craigsdocks
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have a Realook, had it on about a month, great screen protector.

Fits Exact, I mean exact, so you need to line these up perfect, it covers every bit of the screen

I had a Steinheil crystal clear on my Incredible and this one seems exactly the same as those, which were awesome, but Steinheil doesn't make them for the Rezound so I got a Realook

Cant see the protector on the phone, cant feel it either, so all is well, seems like its naked too me

Note: remember the side with tab 2 on the Realook goes toward the glass, kind of confusing, these go on dry no water needed

johnwaynegacy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Well, I got my first hairline scratch today. I will be ordering a new digitizer. Maybe I will order 3 or 4 and just swap them out when I get scratches. So basically the best screen protector for me will be having extra digitizers.

rfarrah
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwaynegacy View Post
Well, I got my first hairline scratch today. I will be ordering a new digitizer. Maybe I will order 3 or 4 and just swap them out when I get scratches. So basically the best screen protector for me will be having extra digitizers.
Or just buying a screen protector?
HTC Fan, but this LG G2 is Incredible

johnwaynegacy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfarrah View Post
Or just buying a screen protector?
never
10 char

jemadar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I scratched my rezound the day I got it and since have been trying to find a good screen protector for it. I came from two phones both containing gorilla glass and never had to think much about screen protectors so this was a new territory for me. I thought I could just use the protector that came with my Otterbox commuter and all would be good. Well never having applied a screen protector before I found out what a nightmare dust can be. I couldnt stand the bubbles from the dust and removed it out of frustration. I then went down to my local verizon store and purchased a 3 pack of the VZW Rezound screen protectors - clear. It took 3 tries but eventually I managed to get one on that had 0 bubbles from dust and all was good.

I was proud of my newly installed screen protector ( note I killed 3 trying to install them not knowing what I was doing ) and slid my phone into my pocket knowing now I did not have to worry. One day later I look down at my phone and there are scratches all over the screen protector and two very large smudges which are called "burn" marks I think. All these frustrations was honestly making me hate my phone. I never had to worry about stupid scratches before and I started using my work phone over my personal just because of this. I looked around this forum and decided to give the Realook Crystal Clear's a try.

I received my Realook's two days ago and immediately removed my burned VZW protector so I could install my new one. Installation was a nightmare. I read that using tape can really help in removing dust and reapplying the protector incase you don't place it just right. Realook recognized the installation difficulty and actually gives you two pieces of tape in the package for such a situation. It took me probably about 20-30 minutes to get the screen protector sized just right on the Rezounds screen. If it's off just the slightest bit (because of its tight fit) then the edges will bubble up and there is no way to make it lie completely flush against the screen. After using my provided tape 10+ times to re align the protector I finally found the perfect fit.... but I had about 8 pieces of dust under my protector. Using the two pieces of tape, pulling back the protector slightly and using the second piece of tape to remove the dust made the installation finally perfect.

In the end I highly recommend the Realook Crystal Clear. The touch is much smoother than the VZW protectors and is pretty comparible to glass. You can't tell the protector is there at all on my Rezound, and after two days of work in my pocket, it still has 0 scratches or burn marks. Installation is a pita but my piece of mind with my phone has made it my daily go to phone again
The Following User Says Thank You to jemadar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

randpost
Old
Thanks Meter 225
I just go to the mall and have my screen protectors installed at a ghost armor kiosk. high quality screen protector that's install perfectly every time. Comes with lifetime warranty and they replace screen protectors for something as little as a scratch on protector. Cost 20.00 installed at the location I go to, but its worth it.

mighty_markus12
Old
Thanks Meter 61
right now i have a invisible shield on but it's too cloudy and scratches easy. im about to buy a phantom skinz.

alphabets
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsdocks View Post
I have a Realook, had it on about a month, great screen protector.

Fits Exact, I mean exact, so you need to line these up perfect, it covers every bit of the screen

I had a Steinheil crystal clear on my Incredible and this one seems exactly the same as those, which were awesome, but Steinheil doesn't make them for the Rezound so I got a Realook

Cant see the protector on the phone, cant feel it either, so all is well, seems like its naked too me

Note: remember the side with tab 2 on the Realook goes toward the glass, kind of confusing, these go on dry no water needed
this is what i went with after reading some posts similar to yours. i was also a big steinhil fan as was bummed when i saw they werent making them for the rezound. got a 2-pack of realook's on ebay for $12 shipped. not bad.

Tags
sgp screen protectors