[GSM OTA] EternityProject for Motorola RAZR XT910 -- Update for EU RAZR, 651.150.1

Search This thread

kholk

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Torino
Welcome to EternityProject's RAZR XT910 OTA Thread!

What do we have here?
This is an OTA, taken from (not sure I can say where) "somewhere" official by Motorola.

Details:
System Version: 651.150.1.XT910.Retail.en.EU

Changes noticed:

- Operator name has been removed from the notification bar entirely. Previously, it took up nearly a third of the bar space, which I felt was a bit over the top. Normally, with Android devices, you can can view it when dragging the bar down. Now, it's nowhere to be seen. Interesting.

- Settings has had a redesign, as shown in the OP.

- New Music Store, Videos, and Webtop Bookmarks apps. Also includes a few other things like Google+ by default. Check inside the update for a full rundown of the included apps.

- Scrolling and animations are much smoother.

- Mobile Hotspot gets a new icon (The old icon is still on my desktop, mind)

- There's a few new wallpapers and a 'reset to default' option in the wallpaper picker. Nothing we haven't seen before in the DROID RAZR dump, but still.

- There's a new 'Motion Detector' option in Smart Actions. Note that this did erase all my existing smart actions, so be sure to write down any you want to add back in.

- Contacts now have a black background. Yay, Moto know white + AMOLED is a bad idea. :)

Installation:
1. Copy the update.zip to your phone memory root (advanced users: /sdcard/update.zip)
2. Boot in Recovery Mode (STOCK Motorola Recovery)
3. Flash
4. Enjoy!

Useful quotes:
To enter Motorola recovery turn off device. Then hold volume up and down then press power button. You will enter a new menu, volume down scrolls, volume up selects. Select recovery, then at the green Android press both volume up and down together. You should now be in the normal recovery.

Rooting:
finally i got root in this version , and this is the guide :
- Flash this
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umt...USASPDRRTGB_HWp2b_Service1FF_fastboot.xml.zip
- Root the phone with doomlord exploit ( or the way u want )
- install from market voodoo OTA rootkeeper
- use it to backup the root
- update the OTA
- use voodoo OTA rootkeeper again to restore root
- reboot

and yay, you got it :)

Download:
Here

File Name: Blur_Version.651.150.1.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip

WARNING: Flash ONLY on en.EU software!!
--ROOT EXPLOIT HAS BEEN FIXED IN THIS RELEASE--

The EternityProject Developer,
--kholk

Attachments

• C360_2011-11-1916-05-51-1.jpg
    C360_2011-11-1916-05-51-1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 4,216
  • C360_2011-11-1916-06-04.jpg
    C360_2011-11-1916-06-04.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 3,203
  • C360_2011-11-1916-06-13.jpg
    C360_2011-11-1916-06-13.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,388
  • C360_2011-11-1916-06-32.jpg
    C360_2011-11-1916-06-32.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 3,149
Last edited:

sb4178

Nov 5, 2010

What do we have here?
This is an OTA, taken from (not sure I can say where) "somewhere" official by Motorola.

Details:
First noticeable thing is.. No stuttering and new icons in Android settings.

Download:
Here

Hope it'll be useful for someone :)

HOW TO INSTALL IT???

raimondomartire

Nov 9, 2005
Salerno
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
anyone have tested this file? this update overwrire new rocevory from nitroglicerine?

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

for me error no such partion error FAILED REMOTE

Now when i reboot i've only in ap fastboot mode. How i can exit from here?

now i see triangle with green android logo

i've solved
hold vol up+vol down when the system start and go in normal mode startup. Kholk is possible that update is not compatible with root or modify recovery?

Last edited:

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
You have to flash it from motorola recovery. I'm using it right now.

Sent from my XT910 using XDA App

Reactions: zeidof

ianford10

May 22, 2010
thanks. But you don't have modify recovery? If yes how you enter in motorola recovery? please explain better your work is precious for forum

To enter Motorola recovery turn off device. Then hold volume up and down then press power button. You will enter a new menu, volume down scrolls, volume up selects. Select recovery, then at the green Android press both volume up and down together. You should now be in the normal recovery.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

raimondomartire

Nov 9, 2005
Salerno
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

all ok, but when i flash error 7 in build.prop.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

thanks. i flashed update with fastboot now when i start the phone i'm always in ap fastboot mode (failure) and i push volume up and down and i can push normal boot. the error is
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
Device Status Code is LOCKED (0)

ciao, allora ho flashato con fastboot ed ora sono nei guai perchè ogni volta che riavviao mi va nel menu fastboot dove secondo me lui prova a riflashare qualcosa. Devo premere i tasti volume alto e basso e poi mi appare il menu dove deve selezionare normal boot. A questo punto riparte correttamente. Quando dalla recovery motorola flasho l'update ottengo errore 7 perchè non risulta corretto il build.pro. Hai una soluzione per eliminare questo fastidioso avvio in Fastboot? Se serve ho un nandroid backup. Ho provato a fare il restore ma non elimino il fatto che appena si avvia si mette in fastboot mode

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
build.prop?
Have you modified your /system partition prior flashing this?

If you have, restore your ORIGINAL /system partition's files and retry. This update contains .p (patch) files that can only be applied to the original files.

As for the fastboot problem, try "fastboot continue" and then wipe your /cache partition (through recovery...or manually if you know how to do that)

raimondomartire

Nov 9, 2005
Salerno
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
i'he made this modify
. Using Root Explorer, head into /system/bin.
2. Hit the Mount R/W button.
3. Scroll down to find “mount_ext3.sh” and long press on it.
4. Choose “Open in Text Editor.”
5. Scroll to the very bottom and add the following lines:

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

6. When finished, press Menu and “Save and Exit.”
7. Hit the Mount R/O button and reboot.

matticala

Jun 8, 2010
Haarlem
Couldn't use the update.

First of all, if I put update.zip on phone root it says there is no such /sdcard.
Using an external microSD, it starts the update but exit with error on get_assert (long string) about build.prop.

My phone is eu.FR and hasn't got any root or modification on /system. Maybe it is just for UK shipped devices

UPDATE: this is the error.
Code:
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == MOTO/XT910_RTGB/umts_spyder:2.3.5/6.5.1-73_SPU-9/1319876225:user/release-keys" ||
file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == MOTO/XT910_RTGB/umts_spyder:2.3.6/6.5.1-150_SPU-12/1321265932.141622:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)

So this is an update for Retail GB (UK) leaked from somewhere in the nether void.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What do we have here?

Details:

Changes noticed:

- Operator name has been removed from the notification bar entirely. Previously, it took up nearly a third of the bar space, which I felt was a bit over the top. Normally, with Android devices, you can can view it when dragging the bar down. Now, it's nowhere to be seen. Interesting.

- Settings has had a redesign, as shown in the OP.

- New Music Store, Videos, and Webtop Bookmarks apps. Also includes a few other things like Google+ by default. Check inside the update for a full rundown of the included apps.

- Scrolling and animations are much smoother.

- Mobile Hotspot gets a new icon (The old icon is still on my desktop, mind)

- There's a few new wallpapers and a 'reset to default' option in the wallpaper picker. Nothing we haven't seen before in the DROID RAZR dump, but still.

- There's a new 'Motion Detector' option in Smart Actions. Note that this did erase all my existing smart actions, so be sure to write down any you want to add back in.

- Contacts now have a black background. Yay, Moto know white + AMOLED is a bad idea. :)

Installation:
    1. Copy the update.zip to your phone memory root (advanced users: /sdcard/update.zip)
    2. Boot in Recovery Mode (STOCK Motorola Recovery)
    3. Flash
    4. Enjoy!

Useful quotes:

Rooting:
    - Flash this
    http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umt...USASPDRRTGB_HWp2b_Service1FF_fastboot.xml.zip
    - update the OTA
    - reboot

Download:
    Here

WARNING: Flash ONLY on en.EU software!!
    --ROOT EXPLOIT HAS BEEN FIXED IN THIS RELEASE--

The EternityProject Developer,
    --kholk
    - Flash this
    - update the OTA
    - reboot

Hi,
    I used the 5.6 version.
    - Open RSD Lite
    - Point to the .xml file
    - Turn off your device
    - Vol DOWN + Vol UP + PWR button
    - Select AP Fastboot (Vol DOWN to scroll, Vol UP to select)
    - Connect the device to te pc with a USB cable
    - Control that the RSD Lite shows the device
    - Click start and wait until it finishes and reboot.

then

- Root the phone with THIS or the way you prefer
    - install from market voodoo OTA rootkeeper and use it to backup the root
    - update the OTA:
    ---- copy the update.zip to the sd card
    ---- power down the device
    ---- Vol DOWN + Vol UP + PWR button
    ---- Select recovery and then press Vol DOWN + Vol UP
    ---- select "install from update SD card"
    ---- select update.zip and wait until it finishes
    ---- reboot
    - reboot

Sent from my XT910 using XDA App
    I think is not worth to upgrading, I had huge battery drain with this OTA update. My battery life lasts 8 hrs, during the night when phone supossed to be in deep sleep my battery losts 50%. Don' know it's gonna be like this in every cases because I using OpenWatch app to control my phone by Watch MBW-150 and I had often system message that my OpenWatch is working and draining battery.
    I went back to 651.150.1 and now everything works OK.

To flash this ROM first flash this:

then using Motorola recovery flash OTA update:
    http://dlhg.eternityproject.eu/mtsp...Blur_Version.651.73.30.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip

It worked for me.