Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Headset buttons

Tip us?

ravizzle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140
Default Headset buttons

Hi I'm currently on a sprint epic touch.

I was wondering if headset controls like single click to pause, dbl click to skip work on this model of the phone. If they do, can someone please get me a dir of the /system/usr/keylayout ?

I'm trying to get this working on the sprint version as it does not currently support these

Sent from my Galaxy S2
Current Devices:
Sprint Galaxy S2 (Samsung Epic 4G Touch)
Asus Transformer Prime w/keyboard dock

Previous Devices:
Moto Q
HTC Hero
Motorola Xoom
Samsung Epic 4G
Asus Transformer w/keyboard dock

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,319

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravizzle View Post
Hi I'm currently on a sprint epic touch.

I was wondering if headset controls like single click to pause, dbl click to skip work on this model of the phone. If they do, can someone please get me a dir of the /system/usr/keylayout ?

I'm trying to get this working on the sprint version as it does not currently support these

Sent from my Galaxy S2
I have an HTC Vivid & use a pair of Sony S-10HD's. All my buttons work properly, including long press for FF or RW, press for skip or back, play, pause, volume & even voice command/phone answer button. They all have been tested with Google voice control, vlingo, Android HTC music app, Winamp & Google music.

I did have trouble with the phone and voice buttons on Samsung SGS2, but music related buttons worked.

P.S. What headset model are you referring to? It makes a difference.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

ravizzle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140
I'm talking about just a one button headset, the sprint sgs2 doesn't respond to any of the buttons. someone figured out a mod to get long press to pause play, and we are trying to get the other types of clicks working. The att model apparently has these working out of the box, so if we can get the keylayout.kl file from that we may be able to get it working for us.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
Current Devices:

Previous Devices:
Moto Q
HTC Hero
Motorola Xoom
Samsung Epic 4G

pcmedics911
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just curious...the headphone functions work so far with apple iphone headphones? you mentioned pause and play?

I can get a copy of the file you asked about. Are you suggesting we just copy of that file from the skyrocket into the ep2 directory or will there need to be changes made to it?

I'll work on getting the file you asked about.

Earbuddy13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also have Sprint version of GalaxyS2, and have also found that it does not recognize any headset/earbud controls for pause/play/volume, etc.

I have the Galaxy Tab thru verizon as well, and single button control on my headset works fine there. I use "headset droid" app and it works like a dream...no luck with the GalaxyS2 though.

I scoured the web, called samsung, and checked other forums and there is no answer on this, pretty frustrating...

ravizzle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140
Ok so the solution for the epic touch is to flash ek02 and the headset mod available on q&a of epic touch forum. And all the controls single, double, triple, click work.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
Current Devices:

Previous Devices:
Moto Q
HTC Hero
Motorola Xoom
Samsung Epic 4G