[3.Jan.2012] (Android 4.0.3) (AOSP ICS ROM for HD2) NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich Beta10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tytung

Jun 21, 2010
sites.google.com
NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich is a HD2 ROM built from the modified AOSP ICS source code from the Evervolv team since beta 9.
  • Include Android 4.0.3.
  • Include tytung's 2.6.32.15 ICS kernel beta 8.
  • Include tytung's ICS ramdisk (initrd.gz).
  • Include the required proprietary binaries files and the HD2-specific files (they are not in AOSP ICS) from my AOSP GB ROM (i.e. NexusHD2-Gingerbread).
  • Credits: tytung, texasice, ankuch, rapmv78, the CM and Evervolv teams, etc.

Downloads:
  • MAGLDR ROM: NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta10.zip |
    favicon.ico
    mirror | (No more mirror please. Thanks.)
    md5sum: C65A80D7C15180105FF32FAE867143C9
  • cLK kernel: NexusHD2-Kernel_2.6.32.15_tytung_ics_r1-cLK-update.zip. (Flash this new kernel if you are using cLK.)
  • MAGLDR kernel:NexusHD2-Kernel_2.6.32.15_tytung_ics_r1-MAGLDR-update.zip. (Flash this new kernel if you are using MAGLDR.)

Installations:
  • Please use at least 190MB system partition and at least 2MB cache partition.
    • Please refer to ksubedi's HD2 NAND Toolkit and/or mskip's guide.
    • Cache partition (/dev/block/mtdblock4) is only used by CWM.
    • Cache partition size is not important because the data partition (/dev/block/mtdblock5) is used as the cache space when running Android.
    • If your HD2 has bad NAND blocks, you may need larger partitions.
  • Wipe
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset while doing a fresh install.
    • Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache while upgrading and wanting to retain data.
  • Flash the ROM.
    • MAGLDR: Flash NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta10.zip, then reboot.
    •   cLK  : Flash NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta10.zip and the cLK kernel, then reboot.
  • Flash ICS_Camera_HAL_for_2.6 kernel_(credit_to_rapmv78).zip for a better camera. (Please visit his thread for more info.)

Tips:

Working:
  • Phone Calls
  • Audio (Credit to firesnatch and texasice.)
  • SMS
  • Data: 3G/HSDPA (RMNET for MAGLDR) or (PPP for cLK)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth (in-call works)
  • GPS and AGPS (Credit to all AGPS devs.)
  • Touchscreen
  • Vibration
  • Charging
  • All sensors
    • BMA150 3-axis Accelerometer
    • AK8973 3-axis Magnetic field sensor
    • AK8973 Orientation sensor
    • CM3602 Proximity sensor
    • CM3602 Light sensor
  • Wired earphone/headphone (Credit to zivan56.)
  • Data usage (i.e. Network Stats and Quota) (Credit to tytung.)
  • Hardware Acceleration OpenGL (Credit to rapmv78 and so on.)
  • Hardware Acceleration OpenMAX codecs (Credit to ankuch.)
  • Software video codecs (Credit to ankuch.)
  • WiFi signal strength icon. (Credit to rmcc.)
  • USB Mass Storage (Credit to tytung.) (Full working)
  • Camera (Credit to rapmv78.) (Jan. 4 updated: Flash ICS_Camera_HAL_for_2.6 kernel_(credit_to_rapmv78).zip for a better camera. Please visit his thread for more info.)
  • Native WiFi Tethering

Not Working:
  • Native USB Tethering
  • VPN

Video: (An introduction video by Jayce.)

Screenshots:
NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_01.png
NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_02.png
NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_03.png
NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_04.png
NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_05.png
NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_06.png
NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_07.png
NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_08.png
NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta10_(Android-4.0.3).png

Last edited:

tytung

Jun 21, 2010
sites.google.com
Changelog

Changelog:

• Beta 10 (Jan. 3, 2012)
    • Included ics_camera_fix_from_rapmv78.zip (Big thanks to rapmv78)
    • Fixed USB Mass Storage for Android 4.0.3. (Credit to tytung)
    • Fixed Facebook Contacts Sync. (You may need to delete contacts database or do a clean install.)
    • Fixed Google+ FC for some users.
    • Fixed native WiFi Tethering. (I think it was fixed since upgraded to Android 4.0.3.) (Please confirm.)
  • Beta 9 (Jan. 1, 2012)
    • Upgraded to Android 4.0.3 (Built from N1 source code with HD2 device configurations by tytung. Thanks to the Evervolv team. git://github.com/Evervolv/android.git -b ics)
    • Included the latest Google Apps from stock Nexus S ROM v4.0.3 (IML74K). (Deodexed and zipaligned by tytung.)
    • Set RMNET as default mobile data connection for MAGLDR. (RMNET is Android's default mobile data connection.)
    • Added Facebook Sync. (Non-AOSP feature) (Credit to Paul and Romanbb.)
    • Added back some stock AOSP settings which are disabled by the Evervolv team, e.g. CRT off effect. (By tytung)
    • Included reboot and screenshot options in the Power menu. (Non-AOSP feature) (Credit to the Evervolv or CM team?)
    • Included new 3way style Lockscreen. (Non-AOSP feature) (Credit to the Evervolv team.) (In fact, I would like to remove it and use the stock Lockscreen. But I need to find out how to do it first.)
    • Added new framework-res.apk for Android 4.0.3.
  • Beta 8 (Dec. 28)
  • Beta 7 (Dec. 18)
    • Upgraded Google Apps and some system apps and libs from the latest stock 4.0.2 (ICL53F) ROM. (No 4.0.3 ROM at the moment.)
    • Included rapmv78's new EGL fix. (No more "unable to dequeue native buffer" errors in logcat.)(It seems more stable and no Maps FC for me). (Credit to rapmv78, rmcc, etc.)
    • Updated to Market 3.4.4.
    • Updated to Google Maps 6.0.3.
  • Beta 6 (Dec. 14)
    • Included 2.6.32.15 ICS beta6 kernel (Credit to tytung):
      • Supported "Data usage" (i.e. Network Stats and Quota) (Backported xt_qtaguid and xt_quota2.)
      • Updated the WiFi driver. (Backported bcm4329 from tuna 3.0 kernel.)
      • Improved the read speed of the SD card. (Set VM_MAX_READAHEAD to 1024 kbytes.)
    • Included the new system apps from the latest ITL41F ROM. (Compiled from the source code by tytung.)
    • Showed the WiFi signal strength icon in Status Bar. (Replaced with wpa_supplicant v0.8.x.) (Credit to the CM team.)
  • Beta 5 (Dec. 8)
    • Included EGL v6.1 (Credit to Ankuch)
      • Hardware Acceleration OpenMAX codecs (still software render but cpu usage drop from ~100% to ~70% while playing video, better CPU Quadrant scores).
      • New EGL hack can improve stability.
    • Removed wpa_supplicant_adhoc_fix_v0.6.10ah_update.zip (It seems to cause WiFi issues for some users.)
  • Beta 4 (Dec. 6)
    • Included SystemUI.apk_v401_with_HSDPA_icon.zip to be able to see H (HSDPA) icon in the status bar.
    • Included wpa_supplicant_adhoc_fix_v0.6.10ah_update.zip to be able to see Ad hoc WiFi.
    • Included Galaxy Nexus Gallery to be able to sync Picasa / Google+ Albums
    • Included 2.6.32.15 ICS beta5 kernel
      • Rebase to .32.15 and include the wired earphone/headphone fix.
      • No SD message bug.
      • No Data usage (i.e. Network Stats and Quota) support so far.
    • Included EGL v.5.1 (Credit to Ankuch)
    • Fixed builtin software video codecs (Credit to Ankuch)
      • Due to software rendering & color conversion leads to high cpu usage & drops frames.
      • But now working built in player, YouTube, Quadrant & possibly others programs.
  • Beta 3 (Dec. 3)
    • Included the latest Google Apps from stock Galaxy Nexus ROM ITL41F. (ROM dump by paul. Deodexed and zipaligned by tytung.)
    • Included the latest 2.6.32.45 ICS kernel Beta3 for HD2. (Credit to tytung and rmcc.)
    • Added EGL v5 for hardware acceleration. (Credit to ankuch.)
    • Added dictionaries to support spelling correction. (LatinImeGoogle.apk from stock Galaxy Nexus ROM.)
    • Added Live Wallpapers.
    • Added the latest hosts file (November-23-2011) for blocking ads.
    • Added Camera.apk. (Camera doesn't work yet.)
    • Fixed the wired headphone issue by using the new kernel. (Credit to zivan56 for the patch.)
    • Fixed data usage (i.e. Network Stats and Quota) features by using the new kernel. (Credit to tytung.)
    • Fixed the color banding issue. (Credit to ankuch.)
    • Removed Chinese and Japanese IMEs.
  • Beta 2 (Nov. 24)
    • Included the real audio fix. (Sound is perfect now.) (Credits to firesnatch and texasice.)
    • Fixed Calendar Sync (Used CalendarGoogle.apk from Paul's leaked ICL23D dump.)
    • Removed the softkeys. (Only framework-res.apk is modified.) (Credits to texasice (aka drewis).)
    • Changed ro.sf.lcd_density to default 240 and included Nexus One Gingerbread 2.3.6 GRK39F release-keys in build.prop for best Market compatibility.
    • Changed to Desire Gingerbread's stock default.acdb (129,346 bytes) (CRC: B0DCA53A)
    • Added PPP data connection support to MAGLDR and set it default. (PPP is stable than RMNET under ICS ROM currently.)
    • Added Superuser.apk v3.0.7 and updated su and busybox.
    • Added the latest hosts file (October-13-2011) for blocking ads.
    • Removed Camera.apk.
    • Improved the performance.
  • Beta 1 (Nov. 20)
    • Added gapps (Google apps and libs) from Paul's leaked ICL23D dump.
    • Added Gmail, Google+, Maps, Market, GoogleMessager, News&Weather, GoogleSearch, GTalk, Youtube, etc.
    • Fixed the audio (Replaced audio.primary.default.so and audio_policy.default.so) (Credits to rapmv78. And thanks Cruonit.)
    • Fixed "0 dBm" signal strength. (Show the correct dBm value now.) (Added ro.telephony.ril.v3=1 to build.prop)
    • Changed ro.sf.lcd_density to 220 to fix the overlay of the softkeys and the keyboard.
      • Side effect: You cannot install some apps from the Market.
      • Solution: change ro.sf.lcd_density back to default 240.
  • Alpha 1 (Nov. 19)
    • Initial release.

Last edited:

yikai

Apr 13, 2010
Yay finally on its way good work been using your gingerbread rom for god knows how long :-D will use this as soon as audio works :) thanks keep up the hard work

nieves53

Aug 30, 2008
bay area
Tytung U do it again!! Thank you for all the hard work & for keeping our little dinosaur going

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: bamit99

casemandan

Oct 12, 2010
L.I. NY
So i'm assuming by audio not working, it means no phone calls are possible.

Either way This is awesome!!!!!!!!

Didnt expect a port so soon.

P.S. Maybe you should change your name to TytKING:D

Edit: audio works now.....
More thanks button hits for tytung and all devs working out the bugs

Last edited:

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
This is very good so far, especially for a first alpha! Thanks tytung!

To the person asking about performance, it's pretty good. There's certainly some choppy transitions at times, but it's definitely usable.

One thing I've noticed is that the keyboard is cut off by the on screen buttons.

Reactions: Elmo108

empy16

Mar 21, 2009
Well, I tried it. Very satisfied
3G/Data works fine for me.
Transitions are a bit choppy.
No Sound
No Gapps
Bottom buttons covers the keyboard.
Lots of battery drain

BUT... I love it. I suggest everyone to try it. Good work!!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich is a HD2 ROM built from the modified AOSP ICS source code from the Evervolv team since beta 9.
    • Include Android 4.0.3.
    • Include tytung's 2.6.32.15 ICS kernel beta 8.
    • Include tytung's ICS ramdisk (initrd.gz).
    • Include the required proprietary binaries files and the HD2-specific files (they are not in AOSP ICS) from my AOSP GB ROM (i.e. NexusHD2-Gingerbread).
    • Credits: tytung, texasice, ankuch, rapmv78, the CM and Evervolv teams, etc.

Downloads:

Installations:
    • Please use at least 190MB system partition and at least 2MB cache partition.
      • Please refer to ksubedi's HD2 NAND Toolkit and/or mskip's guide.
      • Cache partition (/dev/block/mtdblock4) is only used by CWM.
      • Cache partition size is not important because the data partition (/dev/block/mtdblock5) is used as the cache space when running Android.
      • If your HD2 has bad NAND blocks, you may need larger partitions.
    • Wipe
      • Wipe Data/Factory Reset while doing a fresh install.
      • Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache while upgrading and wanting to retain data.
    • Flash the ROM.
      • MAGLDR: Flash NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta10.zip, then reboot.
      •   cLK  : Flash NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta10.zip and the cLK kernel, then reboot.
    • Flash ICS_Camera_HAL_for_2.6 kernel_(credit_to_rapmv78).zip for a better camera. (Please visit his thread for more info.)

Tips:

Working:
    • Phone Calls
    • Audio (Credit to firesnatch and texasice.)
    • SMS
    • Data: 3G/HSDPA (RMNET for MAGLDR) or (PPP for cLK)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth (in-call works)
    • GPS and AGPS (Credit to all AGPS devs.)
    • Touchscreen
    • Vibration
    • Charging
    • All sensors
      • BMA150 3-axis Accelerometer
      • AK8973 3-axis Magnetic field sensor
      • AK8973 Orientation sensor
      • CM3602 Proximity sensor
      • CM3602 Light sensor
    • Wired earphone/headphone (Credit to zivan56.)
    • Data usage (i.e. Network Stats and Quota) (Credit to tytung.)
    • Hardware Acceleration OpenGL (Credit to rapmv78 and so on.)
    • Hardware Acceleration OpenMAX codecs (Credit to ankuch.)
    • Software video codecs (Credit to ankuch.)
    • WiFi signal strength icon. (Credit to rmcc.)
    • USB Mass Storage (Credit to tytung.) (Full working)
    • Camera (Credit to rapmv78.) (Jan. 4 updated: Flash ICS_Camera_HAL_for_2.6 kernel_(credit_to_rapmv78).zip for a better camera. Please visit his thread for more info.)
    • Native WiFi Tethering

Not Working:
    • Native USB Tethering
    • VPN

Video: (An introduction video by Jayce.)

Screenshots:
    NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_01.png
    NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_02.png
    NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_03.png
    NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_04.png
    NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_05.png
    NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_06.png
    NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_07.png
    NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta2_(Android-4.0.1)_08.png
    NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta10_(Android-4.0.3).png
    Changelog

Changelog:

• Beta 10 (Jan. 3, 2012)
      • Included ics_camera_fix_from_rapmv78.zip (Big thanks to rapmv78)
      • Fixed USB Mass Storage for Android 4.0.3. (Credit to tytung)
      • Fixed Facebook Contacts Sync. (You may need to delete contacts database or do a clean install.)
      • Fixed Google+ FC for some users.
      • Fixed native WiFi Tethering. (I think it was fixed since upgraded to Android 4.0.3.) (Please confirm.)
    • Beta 9 (Jan. 1, 2012)
      • Upgraded to Android 4.0.3 (Built from N1 source code with HD2 device configurations by tytung. Thanks to the Evervolv team. git://github.com/Evervolv/android.git -b ics)
      • Included the latest Google Apps from stock Nexus S ROM v4.0.3 (IML74K). (Deodexed and zipaligned by tytung.)
      • Set RMNET as default mobile data connection for MAGLDR. (RMNET is Android's default mobile data connection.)
      • Added Facebook Sync. (Non-AOSP feature) (Credit to Paul and Romanbb.)
      • Added back some stock AOSP settings which are disabled by the Evervolv team, e.g. CRT off effect. (By tytung)
      • Included reboot and screenshot options in the Power menu. (Non-AOSP feature) (Credit to the Evervolv or CM team?)
      • Included new 3way style Lockscreen. (Non-AOSP feature) (Credit to the Evervolv team.) (In fact, I would like to remove it and use the stock Lockscreen. But I need to find out how to do it first.)
      • Added new framework-res.apk for Android 4.0.3.
    • Beta 8 (Dec. 28)
    • Beta 7 (Dec. 18)
      • Upgraded Google Apps and some system apps and libs from the latest stock 4.0.2 (ICL53F) ROM. (No 4.0.3 ROM at the moment.)
      • Included rapmv78's new EGL fix. (No more "unable to dequeue native buffer" errors in logcat.)(It seems more stable and no Maps FC for me). (Credit to rapmv78, rmcc, etc.)
      • Updated to Market 3.4.4.
      • Updated to Google Maps 6.0.3.
    • Beta 6 (Dec. 14)
      • Included 2.6.32.15 ICS beta6 kernel (Credit to tytung):
        • Supported "Data usage" (i.e. Network Stats and Quota) (Backported xt_qtaguid and xt_quota2.)
        • Updated the WiFi driver. (Backported bcm4329 from tuna 3.0 kernel.)
        • Improved the read speed of the SD card. (Set VM_MAX_READAHEAD to 1024 kbytes.)
      • Included the new system apps from the latest ITL41F ROM. (Compiled from the source code by tytung.)
      • Showed the WiFi signal strength icon in Status Bar. (Replaced with wpa_supplicant v0.8.x.) (Credit to the CM team.)
    • Beta 5 (Dec. 8)
      • Included EGL v6.1 (Credit to Ankuch)
        • Hardware Acceleration OpenMAX codecs (still software render but cpu usage drop from ~100% to ~70% while playing video, better CPU Quadrant scores).
        • New EGL hack can improve stability.
      • Removed wpa_supplicant_adhoc_fix_v0.6.10ah_update.zip (It seems to cause WiFi issues for some users.)
    • Beta 4 (Dec. 6)
      • Included SystemUI.apk_v401_with_HSDPA_icon.zip to be able to see H (HSDPA) icon in the status bar.
      • Included wpa_supplicant_adhoc_fix_v0.6.10ah_update.zip to be able to see Ad hoc WiFi.
      • Included Galaxy Nexus Gallery to be able to sync Picasa / Google+ Albums
      • Included 2.6.32.15 ICS beta5 kernel
        • Rebase to .32.15 and include the wired earphone/headphone fix.
        • No SD message bug.
        • No Data usage (i.e. Network Stats and Quota) support so far.
      • Included EGL v.5.1 (Credit to Ankuch)
      • Fixed builtin software video codecs (Credit to Ankuch)
        • Due to software rendering & color conversion leads to high cpu usage & drops frames.
        • But now working built in player, YouTube, Quadrant & possibly others programs.
    • Beta 3 (Dec. 3)
      • Included the latest Google Apps from stock Galaxy Nexus ROM ITL41F. (ROM dump by paul. Deodexed and zipaligned by tytung.)
      • Included the latest 2.6.32.45 ICS kernel Beta3 for HD2. (Credit to tytung and rmcc.)
      • Added dictionaries to support spelling correction. (LatinImeGoogle.apk from stock Galaxy Nexus ROM.)
      • Added Live Wallpapers.
      • Fixed the wired headphone issue by using the new kernel. (Credit to zivan56 for the patch.)
      • Fixed data usage (i.e. Network Stats and Quota) features by using the new kernel. (Credit to tytung.)
    • Beta 2 (Nov. 24)
      • Included the real audio fix. (Sound is perfect now.) (Credits to firesnatch and texasice.)
      • Fixed Calendar Sync (Used CalendarGoogle.apk from Paul's leaked ICL23D dump.)
      • Removed the softkeys. (Only framework-res.apk is modified.) (Credits to texasice (aka drewis).)
      • Changed ro.sf.lcd_density to default 240 and included Nexus One Gingerbread 2.3.6 GRK39F release-keys in build.prop for best Market compatibility.
      • Changed to Desire Gingerbread's stock default.acdb (129,346 bytes) (CRC: B0DCA53A)
      • Added PPP data connection support to MAGLDR and set it default. (PPP is stable than RMNET under ICS ROM currently.)
      • Removed Camera.apk.
    • Beta 1 (Nov. 20)
      • Added gapps (Google apps and libs) from Paul's leaked ICL23D dump.
      • Added Gmail, Google+, Maps, Market, GoogleMessager, News&Weather, GoogleSearch, GTalk, Youtube, etc.
      • Fixed the audio (Replaced audio.primary.default.so and audio_policy.default.so) (Credits to rapmv78. And thanks Cruonit.)
      • Fixed "0 dBm" signal strength. (Show the correct dBm value now.) (Added ro.telephony.ril.v3=1 to build.prop)
      • Changed ro.sf.lcd_density to 220 to fix the overlay of the softkeys and the keyboard.
        • Side effect: You cannot install some apps from the Market.
        • Solution: change ro.sf.lcd_density back to default 240.
    • Alpha 1 (Nov. 19)
      • Initial release.
    Beta3

Beta 3 (Dec. 3)
    • Included the latest Google Apps from stock Galaxy Nexus ROM ITL41F. (ROM dump by paul. Deodexed by tytung.)
    • Included the latest 2.6.32.45 ICS kernel Beta3 for HD2. (Upgrade from r14 (2.6.32.15) kernel and add something by referring to this kernel source.) (Credit to tytung.)
    • Added dictionaries to support spell correction. (LatinImeGoogle.apk from stock Galaxy Nexus ROM.)
    • Added Live Wallpapers.
    • Fixed the wired headphone issue by using the new kernel. (Credit to zivan56.)

Downloads:
    ICS camera fix from rapmv78
    What works:
    1) Preview - Trust me this is a big deal
    2) Take picture
    3) Flash enable/disable.

What does not work:
    Everything else like video recording and other fancy stuff.

All credit to rapmv78.
    I packed the required files to a flashable zip.
    ics_camera_fix_from_rapmv78.zip
    Beta 2 (Nov. 24)
    • Fixed Calendar Sync (Used Calendar.apk from Paul's leaked ICL23D dump.)
    • Removed Camera.apk.

Uploading...
    Please wait.