FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Tutorial] Compile ICS on Ubuntu

3,818 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,619
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th May 2012, 05:10 AM |#281  
MikeCriggs's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Liberty, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,128
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the guide, I really appreciate it. I'm having an error that I don't seem to see anyone else getting after executing:

Code:
./extract-files.sh
This is my output:


Code:
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
USB Debugging is enabled and ADB is peachy as well. I'm trying to build for the HP Touchpad (Tenderloin) using the CM9 git. If anyone has encountered this error and knows of a fix, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
 
 
8th May 2012, 05:25 AM |#282  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,579
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCriggz

Thanks for the guide, I really appreciate it. I'm having an error that I don't seem to see anyone else getting after executing:

Code:
./extract-files.sh
This is my output:


Code:
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
error: insufficient permissions for device
USB Debugging is enabled and ADB is peachy as well. I'm trying to build for the HP Touchpad (Tenderloin) using the CM9 git. If anyone has encountered this error and knows of a fix, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Try adb remount before you do extract-files.sh

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2012, 03:18 PM |#283  
MikeCriggs's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Liberty, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,128
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

Try adb remount before you do extract-files.sh

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Ended up having to update the SDK. Everything is good now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
9th May 2012, 10:25 PM |#284  
Senior Member
Flag Boone, NC
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
hey dastin, I saw in an earlier comment where you said that you have device support for the Eris? I have just got my 12.04 intsalled and i'm setting up repo and such right now, and I was just trying to find a good source to pull from for the Eris, because CM no longer has it as far as I can tell, and now I'm stuck without it. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction
9th May 2012, 11:23 PM |#285  
dastin1015's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Chula Vista, CA
Thanks Meter: 10,619
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonoid

hey dastin, I saw in an earlier comment where you said that you have device support for the Eris? I have just got my 12.04 intsalled and i'm setting up repo and such right now, and I was just trying to find a good source to pull from for the Eris, because CM no longer has it as far as I can tell, and now I'm stuck without it. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction

Evervolv has source for the Eris I believe. Team ICS is for the Hero CDMA, but we work with the Hero GSM, Eris and a few other mdpi armv6 phones I think.

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。
12th May 2012, 06:51 AM |#286  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Everything was moving along while compiling and then i got this error message:
Code:
Checking API: checkapi-lastChecking API: checkapi-currentout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:5538: error 5: Added public field android.content.Intent.CATEGORY_TF101_KB_DOCKout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:5556: error 5: Added public field android.content.Intent.EXTRA_DOCK_STATE_TF101_KBout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:6272: error 5: Added public field android.content.pm.PackageManager.FEATURE_TF101_HALL_SENSORout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:6273: error 5: Added public field android.content.pm.PackageManager.FEATURE_TF101_KB_DOCKout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:16365: error 5: Added public field android.provider.ContactsContract.BaseSyncColumns.IS_RESTRICTEDout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:17471: error 5: Added public field android.provider.Settings.Secure.LTE_TOGGLEout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:17542: error 5: Added public field android.provider.Settings.System.BATTERY_PERCENTAGESout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:19229: error 4: Added public method android.telephony.TelephonyManager.LTEtoggleout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22216: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BLUETOOTHout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22219: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_AUTOout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22220: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_DOWNout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22221: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_UPout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22260: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_CAPTUREout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22277: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EISUout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22283: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EUROPE_1out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22284: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EUROPE_2out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22307: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HANKAKU_ZENKAKUout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22309: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HENKANout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22310: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HIRAGANA_KATAKANAout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22339: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MUHENKANout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22390: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_SLEEPout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22402: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_TOUCHPADout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22414: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_WIRELESSout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22417: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_YEN******************************You have tried to change the API from what has been previously approved.To make these errors go away, you have two choices: 1) You can add "@hide" javadoc comments to the methods, etc. listed in the	 errors above. 2) You can update current.txt by executing the following command:		 make update-api	 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^	 NO. NO. STOP BEING LAZY. SERIOUSLY.	 DO NOT DO THIS in CM. THIS IS A LIE. IF YOU DO THIS I WILL HATE YOU.	 USE OPTION #1.				 -Koush	 To submit the revised current.txt to the main Android repository,	 you will need approval.******************************make: *** [out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/checkapi-current-timestamp] Error 38
Now i dont want Koush to hate me so i was wondering where exacly do i add @hide to the javadoc arguments?


Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by Dreamboxuser; 12th May 2012 at 06:54 AM.
12th May 2012, 07:11 AM |#287  
cdesai's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag IN YOUR HEAD
Thanks Meter: 4,038
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamboxuser

Everything was moving along while compiling and then i got this error message:

Code:
Checking API: checkapi-lastChecking API: checkapi-currentout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:5538: error 5: Added public field android.content.Intent.CATEGORY_TF101_KB_DOCKout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:5556: error 5: Added public field android.content.Intent.EXTRA_DOCK_STATE_TF101_KBout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:6272: error 5: Added public field android.content.pm.PackageManager.FEATURE_TF101_HALL_SENSORout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:6273: error 5: Added public field android.content.pm.PackageManager.FEATURE_TF101_KB_DOCKout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:16365: error 5: Added public field android.provider.ContactsContract.BaseSyncColumns.IS_RESTRICTEDout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:17471: error 5: Added public field android.provider.Settings.Secure.LTE_TOGGLEout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:17542: error 5: Added public field android.provider.Settings.System.BATTERY_PERCENTAGESout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:19229: error 4: Added public method android.telephony.TelephonyManager.LTEtoggleout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22216: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BLUETOOTHout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22219: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_AUTOout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22220: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_DOWNout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22221: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_UPout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22260: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_CAPTUREout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22277: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EISUout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22283: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EUROPE_1out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22284: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EUROPE_2out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22307: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HANKAKU_ZENKAKUout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22309: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HENKANout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22310: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HIRAGANA_KATAKANAout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22339: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MUHENKANout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22390: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_SLEEPout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22402: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_TOUCHPADout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22414: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_WIRELESSout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22417: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_YEN******************************You have tried to change the API from what has been previously approved.To make these errors go away, you have two choices: 1) You can add "@hide" javadoc comments to the methods, etc. listed in the	 errors above. 2) You can update current.txt by executing the following command:		 make update-api	 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^	 NO. NO. STOP BEING LAZY. SERIOUSLY.	 DO NOT DO THIS in CM. THIS IS A LIE. IF YOU DO THIS I WILL HATE YOU.	 USE OPTION #1.				 -Koush	 To submit the revised current.txt to the main Android repository,	 you will need approval.******************************make: *** [out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/checkapi-current-timestamp] Error 38
Now i dont want Koush to hate me so i was wondering where exacly do i add @hide to the javadoc arguments?


Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

First of all, run a `repo sync` if you already havent || not made a change yourself

If you did change something, you'll know where it is, add @hide just above it
12th May 2012, 07:15 AM |#288  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesai

First of all, run a `repo sync` if you already havent || not made a change yourself

If you did change something, you'll know where it is, add @hide just above it


Example:
@hide
I didn't add anything to the tf101 device but I did change things in my totoro device.

Like that?

Duhhhh of course I should have synced it. It took 2 weeks to download. I will sync again when I have Linux booted.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by Dreamboxuser; 12th May 2012 at 07:18 AM.
12th May 2012, 07:35 AM |#289  
cdesai's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag IN YOUR HEAD
Thanks Meter: 4,038
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamboxuser

Example:
@hide
I didn't add anything to the tf101 device but I did change things in my totoro device.

Like that?

Duhhhh of course I should have synced it. It took 2 weeks to download. I will sync again when I have Linux booted.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Na, if you changed anything in frameworks/base, anything 'java'

Just do a sync and it'll update the sources, this was fixed in the tree.

Updating the tree won't take long, just a few mbs to download)
12th May 2012, 07:48 AM |#290  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesai

Na, if you changed anything in frameworks/base, anything 'java'

Just do a sync and it'll update the sources, this was fixed in the tree.

Updating the tree won't take long, just a few mbs to download)

Ok cool but still taking time (30 min already)and getting a few fatal HTTP request failed.

Edit: Perfect that issue solved and now on to the next which is:
Code:
intermediates/pcre/include/pcre.h
target Generated: libpcre <= external/pcre/pcre_chartables.c.dist
Notice file: dalvik/dx/NOTICE -- out/host/linux-x86/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//framework/jasmin.jar.txt
target Generated: librslib <= frameworks/compile/slang/rslib.bc
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/common/obj/APPS/com.replica.replicaisland_intermediates/classes.jar', needed by `out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsOpenGlPerfTestCases_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by Dreamboxuser; 12th May 2012 at 10:37 AM.
12th May 2012, 04:25 PM |#291  
oisis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Out of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 2,106
 
More
I would like to build ICS AOSP for Samsung Galaxy S Plus, do you know where can I find the GIT for this device?
There is a repository for CyanogenMod9 at this address: http://www.github.com/arco.

I added the file:
~/ICS_SOURCE/.repo/local_manifest.xml
which I downloaded from this address: http://ubuntuone.com/56Wx6u4XORgc3hFsr3Hb4B
I made a:
repo sync
then the
source build/envsetup.sh
and then:
Code:
You're building on Linux

Lunch menu... pick a combo:
     1. full-eng
     2. full_x86-eng
     3. vbox_x86-eng
     4. full_stingray-userdebug
     5. full_wingray-userdebug
     6. full_ariesve-eng
     7. cm_ariesve-userdebug
     8. full_crespo4g-userdebug
     9. full_crespo-userdebug
     10. full_maguro-userdebug
     11. full_torospr-userdebug
     12. full_toro-userdebug
     13. full_tuna-userdebug
     14. full_panda-eng

Which would you like? [full-eng] 6

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.0.4
TARGET_PRODUCT=full_ariesve
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=IMM76I
============================================

make -j4 otapackage
============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.0.4
TARGET_PRODUCT=full_ariesve
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=IMM76I
============================================
build/core/base_rules.mk:78: *** Module name: lights.msm7x30
build/core/base_rules.mk:79: *** Makefile location: hardware/msm7k/liblights
build/core/base_rules.mk:80: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:81: * Each module must use a LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS in its
build/core/base_rules.mk:82: * Android.mk. Possible tags declared by a module:
build/core/base_rules.mk:83: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:84: *     optional, debug, eng, tests, samples
build/core/base_rules.mk:85: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:86: * If the module is expected to be in all builds
build/core/base_rules.mk:87: * of a product, then it should use the
build/core/base_rules.mk:88: * "optional" tag: 
build/core/base_rules.mk:89: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:90: *    Add "LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional" in the
build/core/base_rules.mk:91: *    Android.mk for the affected module, and add
build/core/base_rules.mk:92: *    the LOCAL_MODULE value for that component
build/core/base_rules.mk:93: *    into the PRODUCT_PACKAGES section of product
build/core/base_rules.mk:94: *    makefile(s) where it's necessary, if
build/core/base_rules.mk:95: *    appropriate.
build/core/base_rules.mk:96: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:97: * If the component should be in EVERY build of ALL
build/core/base_rules.mk:98: * products, then add its LOCAL_MODULE value to the
build/core/base_rules.mk:99: * PRODUCT_PACKAGES section of
build/core/base_rules.mk:100: * build/target/product/core.mk
build/core/base_rules.mk:101: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:102: *** user tag detected on new module - user tags are only supported on legacy modules. Stop.
Could someone help me build AOSP ICS for SGS+?

This is my first time when I build an android from source so sorry for stupid questions. Thanks.
Last edited by oisis; 12th May 2012 at 04:31 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
compile, ics, source
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes