Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tutorial] Compile ICS on Ubuntu

Tip us?

MikeCriggs
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,801

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the guide, I really appreciate it. I'm having an error that I don't seem to see anyone else getting after executing:

Code:
./extract-files.sh
This is my output:

Code:
error: insufficient permissions for device
USB Debugging is enabled and ADB is peachy as well. I'm trying to build for the HP Touchpad (Tenderloin) using the CM9 git. If anyone has encountered this error and knows of a fix, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

AOSPAL | SaberMod | LiquidSmooth

I DO NOT ANSWER TECHNICAL QUESTIONS VIA PM OR EMAIL

G+ | Twitter | GitHub | Gmail

paxChristos
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,487

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCriggz View Post
Thanks for the guide, I really appreciate it. I'm having an error that I don't seem to see anyone else getting after executing:

Code:
./extract-files.sh
This is my output:

Code:
USB Debugging is enabled and ADB is peachy as well. I'm trying to build for the HP Touchpad (Tenderloin) using the CM9 git. If anyone has encountered this error and knows of a fix, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Try adb remount before you do extract-files.sh

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Looks like I won't be doing anything android for a long time

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax
The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MikeCriggs
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,801

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos View Post
Try adb remount before you do extract-files.sh

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
Ended up having to update the SDK. Everything is good now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AOSPAL | SaberMod | LiquidSmooth

I DO NOT ANSWER TECHNICAL QUESTIONS VIA PM OR EMAIL

G+ | Twitter | GitHub | Gmail

lemonoid
Old
Thanks Meter 20
hey dastin, I saw in an earlier comment where you said that you have device support for the Eris? I have just got my 12.04 intsalled and i'm setting up repo and such right now, and I was just trying to find a good source to pull from for the Eris, because CM no longer has it as far as I can tell, and now I'm stuck without it. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction
Armory:
OUYA - Stock Rooted
Droid DNA - my phone is confused.
Droid Bionic - Bricked beyond belief
Nexus S 4G - CM10
Inspire 4G - Stock
Droid 2 R2D2 - Liberty 3
HTC Droid Eris - A.O.S.P. 4.0.3 Evervolv
ASUS Transformer - Stock

SuperCharged!!!

dastin1015
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 10,400

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonoid View Post
hey dastin, I saw in an earlier comment where you said that you have device support for the Eris? I have just got my 12.04 intsalled and i'm setting up repo and such right now, and I was just trying to find a good source to pull from for the Eris, because CM no longer has it as far as I can tell, and now I'm stuck without it. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction
Evervolv has source for the Eris I believe. Team ICS is for the Hero CDMA, but we work with the Hero GSM, Eris and a few other mdpi armv6 phones I think.

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。

Dreamboxuser
Old
(Last edited by Dreamboxuser; 12th May 2012 at 06:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 83
Everything was moving along while compiling and then i got this error message:
Code:
Checking API: checkapi-lastChecking API: checkapi-currentout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:5538: error 5: Added public field android.content.Intent.CATEGORY_TF101_KB_DOCKout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:5556: error 5: Added public field android.content.Intent.EXTRA_DOCK_STATE_TF101_KBout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:6272: error 5: Added public field android.content.pm.PackageManager.FEATURE_TF101_HALL_SENSORout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:6273: error 5: Added public field android.content.pm.PackageManager.FEATURE_TF101_KB_DOCKout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:16365: error 5: Added public field android.provider.ContactsContract.BaseSyncColumns.IS_RESTRICTEDout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:17471: error 5: Added public field android.provider.Settings.Secure.LTE_TOGGLEout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:17542: error 5: Added public field android.provider.Settings.System.BATTERY_PERCENTAGESout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:19229: error 4: Added public method android.telephony.TelephonyManager.LTEtoggleout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22216: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BLUETOOTHout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22219: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_AUTOout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22220: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_DOWNout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22221: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_UPout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22260: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_CAPTUREout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22277: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EISUout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22283: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EUROPE_1out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22284: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EUROPE_2out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22307: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HANKAKU_ZENKAKUout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22309: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HENKANout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22310: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HIRAGANA_KATAKANAout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22339: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MUHENKANout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22390: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_SLEEPout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22402: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_TOUCHPADout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22414: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_WIRELESSout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22417: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_YEN******************************You have tried to change the API from what has been previously approved.To make these errors go away, you have two choices: 1) You can add "@hide" javadoc comments to the methods, etc. listed in the	 errors above. 2) You can update current.txt by executing the following command:		 make update-api	 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^	 NO. NO. STOP BEING LAZY. SERIOUSLY.	 DO NOT DO THIS in CM. THIS IS A LIE. IF YOU DO THIS I WILL HATE YOU.	 USE OPTION #1.				 -Koush	 To submit the revised current.txt to the main Android repository,	 you will need approval.******************************make: *** [out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/checkapi-current-timestamp] Error 38
Now i dont want Koush to hate me so i was wondering where exacly do i add @hide to the javadoc arguments?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
LG gt540 - CM7
Samsung Galaxy Y-
Asus EEE pad TF101 -

cdesai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,993

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamboxuser View Post
Everything was moving along while compiling and then i got this error message:
Code:
Checking API: checkapi-lastChecking API: checkapi-currentout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:5538: error 5: Added public field android.content.Intent.CATEGORY_TF101_KB_DOCKout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:5556: error 5: Added public field android.content.Intent.EXTRA_DOCK_STATE_TF101_KBout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:6272: error 5: Added public field android.content.pm.PackageManager.FEATURE_TF101_HALL_SENSORout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:6273: error 5: Added public field android.content.pm.PackageManager.FEATURE_TF101_KB_DOCKout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:16365: error 5: Added public field android.provider.ContactsContract.BaseSyncColumns.IS_RESTRICTEDout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:17471: error 5: Added public field android.provider.Settings.Secure.LTE_TOGGLEout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:17542: error 5: Added public field android.provider.Settings.System.BATTERY_PERCENTAGESout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:19229: error 4: Added public method android.telephony.TelephonyManager.LTEtoggleout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22216: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BLUETOOTHout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22219: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_AUTOout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22220: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_DOWNout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22221: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BRIGHTNESS_UPout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22260: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_CAPTUREout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22277: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EISUout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22283: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EUROPE_1out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22284: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_EUROPE_2out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22307: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HANKAKU_ZENKAKUout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22309: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HENKANout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22310: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HIRAGANA_KATAKANAout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22339: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MUHENKANout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22390: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_SLEEPout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22402: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_TOUCHPADout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22414: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_WIRELESSout/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/public_api.txt:22417: error 5: Added public field android.view.KeyEvent.KEYCODE_YEN******************************You have tried to change the API from what has been previously approved.To make these errors go away, you have two choices: 1) You can add "@hide" javadoc comments to the methods, etc. listed in the	 errors above. 2) You can update current.txt by executing the following command:		 make update-api	 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^	 NO. NO. STOP BEING LAZY. SERIOUSLY.	 DO NOT DO THIS in CM. THIS IS A LIE. IF YOU DO THIS I WILL HATE YOU.	 USE OPTION #1.				 -Koush	 To submit the revised current.txt to the main Android repository,	 you will need approval.******************************make: *** [out/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/checkapi-current-timestamp] Error 38
Now i dont want Koush to hate me so i was wondering where exacly do i add @hide to the javadoc arguments?

First of all, run a `repo sync` if you already havent || not made a change yourself

If you did change something, you'll know where it is, add @hide just above it
CyanogenMod Maintainer | SGT7 | TeamBBQ

BBQLinux - An Arch based Linux distribution for Android developers
Website: http://www.bbqlinux.org | Downloads: [url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbqlinux/files//url]
IRC: #bbqlinux on freenode

Dreamboxuser
Old
(Last edited by Dreamboxuser; 12th May 2012 at 07:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesai View Post
First of all, run a `repo sync` if you already havent || not made a change yourself

If you did change something, you'll know where it is, add @hide just above it

Example:
@hide
I didn't add anything to the tf101 device but I did change things in my totoro device.

Like that?

Duhhhh of course I should have synced it. It took 2 weeks to download. I will sync again when I have Linux booted.

LG gt540 - CM7
Samsung Galaxy Y-
Asus EEE pad TF101 -

cdesai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,993

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamboxuser View Post
Example:
@hide
I didn't add anything to the tf101 device but I did change things in my totoro device.

Like that?

Duhhhh of course I should have synced it. It took 2 weeks to download. I will sync again when I have Linux booted.

Na, if you changed anything in frameworks/base, anything 'java'

Just do a sync and it'll update the sources, this was fixed in the tree.

Updating the tree won't take long, just a few mbs to download)
CyanogenMod Maintainer | SGT7 | TeamBBQ

BBQLinux - An Arch based Linux distribution for Android developers
Website: http://www.bbqlinux.org | Downloads: [url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbqlinux/files//url]
IRC: #bbqlinux on freenode

Dreamboxuser
Old
(Last edited by Dreamboxuser; 12th May 2012 at 10:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesai View Post
Na, if you changed anything in frameworks/base, anything 'java'

Just do a sync and it'll update the sources, this was fixed in the tree.

Updating the tree won't take long, just a few mbs to download)
Ok cool but still taking time (30 min already)and getting a few fatal HTTP request failed.

Edit: Perfect that issue solved and now on to the next which is:
Code:
intermediates/pcre/include/pcre.h
target Generated: libpcre <= external/pcre/pcre_chartables.c.dist
Notice file: dalvik/dx/NOTICE -- out/host/linux-x86/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//framework/jasmin.jar.txt
target Generated: librslib <= frameworks/compile/slang/rslib.bc
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/common/obj/APPS/com.replica.replicaisland_intermediates/classes.jar', needed by `out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsOpenGlPerfTestCases_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

LG gt540 - CM7
Samsung Galaxy Y-
Asus EEE pad TF101 -

Tags
compile, ics, source