Lenovo IdeaPad A1 7" Tablet Review and Root!
Just picked up my new Lenovo A1 Tablet yesterday at Fry's! With a little elbow grease this thing rocks! I'm just going to go down a list of what Ive done to make it a sweet tablet.
1) Superoneclick 2.2 will root this baby just need to install adb drivers...easiest root to date.
2) Once it's rooted I installed LCD Density from market and set it to 200. Make sure you select killall and hit reboot.
3) Installed SetCPU from Market. I set it to Performance with the screen on then set it to conservative with the screen off 300mhz/300mhz. Make sure you hit the set to boot button. Once I did this it felt much faster than my Xoom. I havent tested battery life yet.
4) Installed Spare Parts from Market. Set the windows animations speed to fast and transition animations to fast. Makes a world of difference.
5) Installed LauncherPro! Get rid of the stupid Lenovo home screen!
6) I installed WidgetLocker Lockscreen. You can do the Honeycomb screen and re-size it to fit. Gives it a nice feel!
7) Installed the new Adobe Flash11 from market
8) Installed App2Sd and moved all my apps to my 4gig sd card and cleared cache.
9) Picked up a badass 7" case with a stand at OfficeMax! fits perfect! $30 http://www.officemax.com/technology/...^return_skus~Y The website only shows a 10" but they have a 7" version
10) Google Nav works great tethered to my phone via wifi. I'm downloading a offline Nav as we speak.
11) Charges Via USB!
12) Screen gets really bright at max. I just use Auto
13) Skype was working till I did the Lenovo update no video sound works fine. Front camera sucks back camera is good. To be honest I use my Samsung Galaxy2 for all my pictures.
14) As soon as I turned it on and connected to the internet it wanted to update. I don't know what the update is about but it was a huge file.
I'm just getting started with this tablet. I was torn between the Nook2 and Fire. What I love about this is its easy to root comes with Market and charges via usb. I installed Amazon Kindle and Google Books. Their is a new update to Amazon Kindle that makes the app look just like the fire lol.
Anyways hope this helps! Please feel free to ask me any questions. I will be updating this thread as I learn more.
Comes with Gingerbread 2.3.4
Link to ADB Usb drivers. Install first! make sure you have Debug on http://www.mediafire.com/?6v19365dkvc6k8r
SuperOneClick 2.2 Install 2nd http://www.mediafire.com/?0bi19eva4h4c218