Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How can I login to Android Market with a different Google account?

Tip us?

forever29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default How can I login to Android Market with a different Google account?

I've rooted my Fire and installed the Android Market without a problem. When I
first opened the market I logged in with my Google account to make sure everything
worked. Since I got this device for my dad, I'd rather he log in with his own Google
account. I've cleared the app data, and even deleted and re-installed. I can't get
the option to log in with a different google account and it stays with mine. Is there
a solution to this? Has anyone else experienced this?

markcyst
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Without access to the Account and Sync menu, I believe you'll need to uninstall and do a fresh reinstall of the market

forever29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I've uninstalled the market and re-installed with the apk. Or is there a more precise uninstall I should be doing?

bsoplinger
Old
(Last edited by bsoplinger; 20th November 2011 at 11:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 333
In the Android development subforum here the long how to install market thread has reference to getting gmail to sync and those posts reference another thread with a link to a Sync Settings app. That will allow you to add another gmail account or delete one in addition to setting up sync items and auto sync. If I knew the post I'd gladly supply it but all I remember is where I found reference to the app.

Then just add your dad's email then subtract yours. Then to market and your set.

Added: found reference in a thread in this subforum on syncing contacts: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=19461785&postcount=2
Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

forever29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Worked great. I installed "Quick Sync Settings" from the market. Thank you for providing that link.

mewshi
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I just hit "menu" and added an account from the Market. Or maybe GMail. It was pretty simple, really.

forever29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
The menu from the market app wash giving me the option. Not until I added another gmail account through the sync settings it did.

igumzi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi I have a similar question but just about the amazon app store. I have been using a separate email account to buy apps than the one to buy all my kindles and books. Is there any work around to have both amazon.com accounts logged in or to keep the apps and books installed while I am on my other account or the other?

I have rooted the tablet and have my google market running fine so I might just have to stick to that.

Thank you

downsay
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Can't you install Anycut from the android market, open it, create new activity, select accounts and sync or whatever the activity is called, and then go from there?

Additionally can you open the Gmail app, menu, accounts, add account...from here, go to the android market and then you should have 2 different gmail accounts to choose between?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to downsay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

igumzi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsay View Post
Can't you install Anycut from the android market, open it, create new activity, select accounts and sync or whatever the activity is called, and then go from there?

Additionally can you open the Gmail app, menu, accounts, add account...from here, go to the android market and then you should have 2 different gmail accounts to choose between?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Thanks for that. I tried it and it crashes the system. I actually have two account from google on my market, but my main problem is accessing the apps that are registered to my gmail account. Mainly because my kindle account is a separate email and every time you deregister the Kindle it deletes your books or installs the apps.