[ROM][Googlecode release] FINAL version 20.11.2011 r175
as promised, here is our FINAL release of the Froyo Sense ROM.
Link to download:
What's new ?
- tun.ko module for VPN Services added
- cleaned up the release
- fixed several minor bugs
- added new audio & acoustic workaround:
* Volume now fully working, in call & with headset
* fixed the Mic Echo bug
* see Status here: http://htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?...ticDevelopment
(Unfortunately didn't fix FM Radio yet, also BLUETOOTH-Audio Routing, i do not have a headset :/ )
Additional installation instructions:
We recommend not to make an update!
- Give it some more minutes on first boot before you start with the installationwizard
- Restart after setup
- Use Wifi to get latest market updates
- When you are having problem's with 3G connection (APN etc) add the 3G fix from Download Section!
What does "FINAL" release mean?
It means that development on this froyo release with HTC sense has stopped
Why has it stopped?
Froyo is too old, has no longer official support by google and there are no new updates by HTC. Also, most of the applications are proprietary and the ROM is a native Liberty ROM, it makes no sense to continue development there.
It seems that the "Google Code Page" project will be stopped.
But don't panic! I have started developing on new android & kernel sources some weeks ago, I am also waiting for a developing workaround for nand boot, so be patient, there will be a big update within the next 2-3 weeks
Feel free to report BUGs, but don't forget that there won't be any updates on this in future!