Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 39,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BETA 0.18.2.1][17.09] ICS for Desire[ALL HBOOTS][4.0.4]

Tip us?

silverback2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
on BravoC (CDMA) the home button doesnt work right. and when i say right, i mean when you press it in an app with anything scrolabole, it take you to the top of the list. and doesnt do ANYTHING other then that. also cant get into the new task manager. most things work belive it or not. anything with the radio works fine. but cant install from market, wont dl apps for some reason. headphone jack is a no go. and camra, as we all know does not work. i will try and remember how to find and post logcats here soon, although idk if i can on my MacBook Pro, (osx not windows)

mattman83
Old
Thanks Meter 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback2 View Post
on BravoC (CDMA) the home button doesnt work right. and when i say right, i mean when you press it in an app with anything scrolabole, it take you to the top of the list. and doesnt do ANYTHING other then that. also cant get into the new task manager. most things work belive it or not. anything with the radio works fine. but cant install from market, wont dl apps for some reason. headphone jack is a no go. and camra, as we all know does not work. i will try and remember how to find and post logcats here soon, although idk if i can on my MacBook Pro, (osx not windows)
The bravoC build that was posted is not a supported build - so while you're welcome to test it, noone is going to be able to help much. The kernels in the GSM builds have been very carefully selected and modified to get the best compatibility - from what i read of the bravoc release, while a good effort by the poster, was a relative mashup of a few different kernels. To clarify - most of the issues you have are kernel related. Market issue may be due to bravoc having slightly different memory layout - something may have been messed up there.

While I can't speak for the devs and don't know their ultimate plans, I assume once we have a fully working build it'll be ported properly to bravoc.

M.
Stupid questions make baby Jesus cry.

tsiftsism
Old
Thanks Meter 70
While on twitter i read this link (http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...ch-bar-in-ics/) and i wanted to share with you cause i don't remember that it's been mentioned before.
It's about disabling the google search bar on top of the homescreen which i found very annoying when i flashed a version of cm7r2 hboot.
I hope it's very helpful for you to. Just report back if it really works for everyone of us to know it.

Ps. Hope it's not wrong place to share with.

Swyped from my Sense 3.0 Desire using Tapatalk
Device: Oneplus One 64Gb
Rom: CM11 10/09 Nightly
Kernel: franco r16
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Sandvold
Old
(Last edited by Sandvold; 2nd December 2011 at 12:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by revthanki View Post
Cheers for that Sandvold. For those of us interested (and who've been pitching in on IRC occasionally) could you briefly tell us about the different approaches - would be good to know the logic of the team on this.
1st way= the copying of libs to exiting ROM
LAST resort, this is just pasting in some working libs to our ROM. Something as we've seen have created many and rather bad errors. We've also been speaking to a few good DEVs who say it's a really bad idea. The ROM that's released is not made for it to work this way either so it's bound to create problems. If everything else fails we'll do it this way(I'll release a build with this method Sunday night, I'm away until then. If no other option is available before.) It's something we don't want to do cause it would be close to impossible to troubleshot the rest of the errors and flaws with the exiting ROM becaused of a clogged logcat. And when random things go bad it's quite hard to make a better ROM.

2nd way= using the same hack
It's based on using the hack the same way as it's done in the libs above. But just integreate them into the ROM at build + enable the build for HW acc. This is still a hack, but you can see several ROMs have been doing this(But it's not full HW as they claim it is). It's not ideal, but we're working on getting a build ready this way. So we're also using resources on this "fix". We don't think it's a good idea, but since nothing is sure about when we can expect a full working HW then we're using some of our time to put out a build this way.

3rd way = trying on the good old fully functional HW
We're trying a few different things here(I'm not capable or sure if I could explain what's being done). We have two different approaches to try sort it out. And according to logcat then we're getting closer. Will it work? I don't know.
But at least it's to this most of our resources is being located as we feel this is the best option.

We're also trying to sort out the remaining issues, but as I've stated; most our energy is spent on HW acc.

Hope that clears it up.
And it's no point asking for when to expect a new release. I don't think a single of the releases have been "hidden" for more then 2h. The same will be the case in the future. You'll have it pretty much the same time we have.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Sandvold For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

silverback2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman83 View Post
The bravoC build that was posted is not a supported build - so while you're welcome to test it, noone is going to be able to help much. The kernels in the GSM builds have been very carefully selected and modified to get the best compatibility - from what i read of the bravoc release, while a good effort by the poster, was a relative mashup of a few different kernels. To clarify - most of the issues you have are kernel related. Market issue may be due to bravoc having slightly different memory layout - something may have been messed up there.

While I can't speak for the devs and don't know their ultimate plans, I assume once we have a fully working build it'll be ported properly to bravoc.

M.

thanks for the info. im going to try flashing another kernel, see what happens. wost off i will just have to start over! but if you or anyone else knows where i could dump a logcat or two for the devs to save up until the start a port let me know. and if you have a link on how to do them(been trying to remember all day and basically said screw it) but like i said, thanks again.

guy_smiley
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback2 View Post
dump a logcat or two for the devs
Excuse my ignorance but I thought it was as simple as: adb logcat
(It is: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Logcat )
And for more information: http://developer.android.com/guide/d...tools/adb.html

Google works pretty well

jknvv13
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_scheisskopf View Post
AFAIK ICS uses/prefers OpenGLES 2.0 (aka hardware acceleration) for most rendering jobs, not only for games. Without working 3d drivers getting ICS to work properly can be hard
We also need hwcomposer.qsd8k.so for it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

jknvv13
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvold View Post
The old thread was so full of bad links and really messy so i'll make a new one.

First of all this is not an everyday ROM and thing might not work. But we who work on the build we're not a support crew for making it work for your phone. Try figure it out yourself if it doesn't boot!

If you want to help then we have a IRC room on irc.freenode.com #ics_desire_nexus_dev so feel free to join. But it's not a request or support forum. Spamming stupid questions will get you banned
webchat.freenode.net

Petiton directly to Qualcomm to get open source drivers. Please take the time to sign it!
https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum...n-adreno™/8081

Git: "git://github.com/ics-passion-dev/android.git -b ics"

STOCK HBOOT
Alpha v0.3.5
http://fyels.com/Mrt
Kernel is NEEDED (should be the same as last build but reuploaded because of some complaints
http://fyels.com/Frt
If you need to flash superuser:
http://fyels.com/M8t

cm7r2 (not offical and might miss some features)
http://www.mediafire.com/?hbdazi1dvf9ymjo
*updated to 0.3.5

What's working:
WiFi
SMS
GPS
Sound
Calling
Touchscreen
Stable 3G
Gmail sync + calendar working with gmail
SD read/write
All sensors
BT
Picaza sync
Fixed permissions (3rd party apps that needed maps now works)
Headphones
App2sd ( the stock included not app2sd+ or app2ext)
GoogleBackup

What's not working:
Camera
HW accelration
Forgot to add USB (charges + adb nothing more)
and probably alot more

NEW FORM FOR REPORTING ERRORS ETC
thx alex and nuehvo
www.goo.gl/W2wJu

*Changelog
v0.3.5
Bluetooth is fixed
Added GoogleBackup files so it's now working.

v0.3.4
Stable 3G! no more issues (might need to add APN if it don't find it automatically)
Kernel is needed for headphones, gps and compass.

v0.3.3
App2sd ( the stock included not app2sd+ or app2ext)
Might need to flash kernel afterwards

v0.3.2
Fixed headphone (edited kernel)

v0.3.1
Fixed market issue
But BT is gone, it's a kernel issue. Working on it.

v0.3.0
Fixed all sensors
Changed kernel
Fixed BT
GPS now should work for everyone
Added picaza sync
Sorted permissions for 3rd party apps that needed maps

v0.2.2
Small change
Added new gmail
Calendar now syncing with gmail account
BT seems to have been unstable all the time, so is now listed as not working (sorry about that)

v0.2.1
Sound works flawlessly, no errors whatsoever.

v0.2
Should boot for everyone now without any extra flashing
3G works
MUCH faster
Permanently fix for Wifi
Gapps added
Market
cm7r2 option is removed because build is to big, data++ works atm

v0.1.2
-Removed softbuttons

Thanks to:
Sharky154 (DHD), drewis (N1), Chaosz-X, DJ_Jedi, Nikez, Raphael, SamStorer, Chichoko, Vaporizer, andreigherge, Tristan202, fused, rootSU
If you delete the qralloc module, your rom will be faster.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

andQlimax
Old
Thanks Meter 849

DONATE TO ME
Cyanogen annunced that will continue to support the QSD8250 series of devices such as the Nexus One and our Desire

so maybe worth to stay tuned on the future updates
Google Nexus 5 | Stock Rom | Rooted | Xposed
Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 (maguro) | yakju | TWRP 2.4.1.0 | BOOTLOADER PRIMEMD04 | RADIO XXLJ1 | Stock JWR66Y 4.3 + Root
HTC Desire GSM A8181 (bravo) AMOLED| PVT1 | HBOOT 0.93.1000 S-OFF CM7r1 | 4EXT Touch Recovery | RADIO 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 | CM 7 Nightly | A2SD 512MB EXT4
Nokia N70

Delayed Push Notifications? Push Notifications Fixer

albertbm
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikesy View Post
Did you do anything 'special' to make it work? I couldn't get the music player to open. It opened for long enough to select my account and begin downloading my playlists, but after that it FCs and then doesn't open again. I've tried a couple of different versions from different sources, including the market & titanium backups but to no avail...
No, I just installed it and it popped up that it needed my account perms and worked

Tags
desire, ics