Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Optimus 2x su660 (Korean version) Experimental CyanogenMod Available!

Tip us?

eatblueorange
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Red face Optimus 2x su660 (Korean version) Experimental CyanogenMod Available!

Hey guys, I had found a new custom experimental CyanogenMod 7.1 for Optimus 2x Su660 , along with custom kernel at code.google.com/p/open2x/
The CyanogenMod can be downloaded at code.google.com/p/open2x/downloads/detail?name=update-cm-7.1.0-Optimus2X-SU660-KANG-signed-fixed.zip

I cannot install it using CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7 because I get this error

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "su660" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "su660" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "su660"

I'll post instructions here if I find a way to install this mod correctly. If you had successfully install this mod, please share how did you do it.

rockuad
Old
Thanks Meter 1
modify system/google/com/updater-scipt
replace all character "p990" with "su660".
try again.

alimiop
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same error :

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "su660" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "su660" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "su660"
By rockuad:
try again.

thats no "p990" to replace ..i dont find it can you check the file /updater-scipt please

rockuad
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alimiop View Post
Same error :

By rockuad:
try again.

thats no "p990" to replace ..i dont find it can you check the file /updater-scipt please

Are you sure that the CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 is the custom for su660,and it is not for p990 ?

The CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 by the XDA froum is only for p990.
You should download the custom version of CWM recovery for su660.

Search the key words "recovery su660", download it from chinese sites.

I know there are 4.0.1.4 version for su660.

Good lucky.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockuad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eatblueorange
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Red face Cyanogenmod 9 ICS 4.03 on SU660

This blog help me install Ice Cream Sandwich on my LG SU660.

optimus-android.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-install-ice-cream-sandwich-ics.html

chupi_24
Old
Thanks Meter 24
any feedback on this ICS port for SU660?currently using CM7 kang of openstar2x...would like to try ICS but would like to know if theres any advantages of this over CM7...by the way thanks for posting this! its a pain in the a$$ to find custom ROMS for SU660

eatblueorange
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupi_24 View Post
any feedback on this ICS port for SU660?currently using CM7 kang of openstar2x...would like to try ICS but would like to know if theres any advantages of this over CM7...by the way thanks for posting this! its a pain in the a$$ to find custom ROMS for SU660
CM9 seems fast than CM7 and its ICS 4. The address book and Message Thread looks nice. The drawback is the video recorder cannot be used because there is no media encoder or decoder yet so you can't record video using the stock camera but you can use Video Illusion in the market to record videos.
The Following User Says Thank You to eatblueorange For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chupi_24
Old
Thanks Meter 24
is it OK to flash the CM9 w/out wiping data(got games with a lot of data)...i also found that there are some issues with CM9 aside from video encoder though i forgot it already...will try this one tom(data connection here in is super slow specially one from my carrier)...thanks again for this!Its really hard to find custom ROMS for su660...if there is any...its in chinese and even if i translate page by google still unable to understand it

eatblueorange
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupi_24 View Post
is it OK to flash the CM9 w/out wiping data(got games with a lot of data)...i also found that there are some issues with CM9 aside from video encoder though i forgot it already...will try this one tom(data connection here in is super slow specially one from my carrier)...thanks again for this!Its really hard to find custom ROMS for su660...if there is any...its in chinese and even if i translate page by google still unable to understand it
I did not wipe my data when i upgraded to CM9 and my applications were still there. I was previously using Open2x CM7 before the upgrade.

piiiters
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Wink rus is needed

Man, if you want to keep phone alive for longer time, don't test custom ROMs all the time. w8 for official ICS and be happy
But if you really like to test "whats inside teddy" then look here: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=236450