5,596,235 Members 35,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nook device won't show up in adb?

Tip us?

Benjyp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Nook device won't show up in adb?

Currently I'm trying this guide:
Nook Tablet "One Click Root" + gapps ADB script
but I've been trying various guides all day. The drivers are there, debugging enabled, auto mount disabled, robot in the bottom corner but when I run ADB Devices, no dice. Anyone have any clues what the problem could be or atleast anyone else having this problem? At first I thought it might be because I was using a different USB cord but it still doesn't work even with the Nook cord

rmm200
Old
(Last edited by rmm200; 21st November 2011 at 02:59 PM.) Reason: Typo
Thanks Meter 265
The problem you describe is almost guaranteed to be a problem on your computer and the driver installation.

For the folks here to help, they will need to know platform (PC or mac) and version of operating system.

If Windows, they will need to know how the device appears to Device manager. If it shows up as a disk drive - you will have to disconnect from the Nook side. ADB Composite should be good.

For either platform, confirm that adb_usb.ini is in the right place and modified correctly.

Indirect
Old
(Last edited by Indirect; 21st November 2011 at 03:44 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2940

DONATE TO ME
No, you're wrong dude above me.

OP: Run this in cmd prompt
Code:
echo 0x2080 > %username%\.android\adb_usb.ini
You need to have your nook tablet unplugged when you run that then you would see nook tablet in the device manager when you plug it back in.

My Google Plus account
My Twitter
Shiftless evo shift developer
Nook Tablet developer-found root (here)

Quote:
Without developers this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.
Developed on the following devices: Evo View, Nook Tablet, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G (private), Evo 4G (private), Mytouch 4g Slide, Evo LTE, HTC One (In Progress), Moto X

Benjyp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
No, you're wrong dude above me.

OP: Run this in cmd prompt
Code:
echo 0x2080 > %username%\.android\adb_usb.ini
"Cannot find the path specified." But I can locate the file myself in that directory??

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, device shows up as android phone>androud ADB interface.

Indirect
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2940

DONATE TO ME
My bad it's
Code:
echo 0x2080 > "%USERPROFILE%\.Android\adb_usb.ini

My Google Plus account
My Twitter

Quote:
Without developers this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.
Developed on the following devices: Evo View, Nook Tablet, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G (private), Evo 4G (private), Mytouch 4g Slide, Evo LTE, HTC One (In Progress), Moto X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indirect For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Benjyp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Check, still nothing in ADB, i did restart the server too. To be clear, the .ini file only has the "0x2080" line in it now, nothing else. I'm assuming that's ok because the other stuff was commented out anyway, am I right?

(thanks for your help! )

Indirect
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2940

DONATE TO ME
1) look in device manager now though, you need to install the drivers.

My Google Plus account
My Twitter

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to Indirect For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Benjyp
Old
(Last edited by Benjyp; 21st November 2011 at 04:12 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I still see it listed under android phone > android ADB interface and not mass storage or anything like that, you think that's still the problem though?

*Edit*
SUCCESS!! I uninstalled the "Android ADB Interface" and "Android Composite ADB Interface" appeared in its place!!(??) Whatever happened the device show up now. Thanks for the help and keep up the good work Indirect!
The Following User Says Thank You to Benjyp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mooboy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
My bad it's
Code:
echo 0x2080 > "%USERPROFILE%\.Android\adb_usb.ini
I was having problems seeing the Nook Tablet in adb devices, but this fixed it for me.

Cloudsnightmare
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I was having the same issue for a bit, restarted my nook and it worked haha.

Sent from my BNTV250 using xda premium