Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 40,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Low-res (bad quality) lockscreen wallpaper -- How to change it?

Tip us?

kebong
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Low-res (bad quality) lockscreen wallpaper -- How to change it?

As you guys might have noticed, whenever you set a wallpaper using the default android gallery, it kinda compresses it and results in a low quality version of the pic as your wallpaper. I've found a workaround for this by using apps from the market to set my wallpaper with BUT all of those apps can only change my homescreen wallpaper and NOT the lockscreen wallpaper.

So my question is if any of you guys can tell me how to manually change my lockscreen wallpaper? I have a rooted device 2.3.5 btw. Thanks.
Quote:
I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

>2011
>Not having a Samsung Galaxy Note
ISHYGDDT.

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 27,974

DONATE TO ME
Menu-setting-display-screen display-lockscreen-wallpaper
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kebong
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
No, I know how to change the lockscreen wallpaper. But like I've said, when you use that way, it lowers the quality of the picture you use. If I use a hi-def photo and set it as my lockscreen wallpaper, the quality loss is very obvious. Which is why I was asking if there was a workaround for this.
Quote:
I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

>2011
ISHYGDDT.

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,652
When you're about to change the wallpaper and the square box pops up, tap it and expand it.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

kebong
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
no, that's not it either. regardless of how you crop it, if you use the default gallery app, the resulting wallpaper is compressed thus the quality loss
Quote:

>2011
ISHYGDDT.

spkrs01
Old
Thanks Meter 1
get a suitable hd wallpaper from the internet then save picture to gallery. When you set wallpaper to lockscreen choose gallery, find pic you have d/l and crop it accordingly. Remember to get the highest resolution wallpaper.

Hope the above helps

NightWildChild
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebong View Post
no, that's not it either. regardless of how you crop it, if you use the default gallery app, the resulting wallpaper is compressed thus the quality loss
+1 to the question!!!
I wanna use the same wallpaper on the lockscreen & on the my launcher. I choose the picture, set it up as my wallpaper - in the laucher it's absolutely ok, but in the locksreen there are a lot of strange lines (bright & dark) over the wallpaper.

spkrs01
Old
Thanks Meter 1
you need a wallpaper of atleast 1600*1000 resolution. If you can find one with an even higher resolution, better still.

Just follow instructions of my earlier post

NightWildChild
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post
you need a wallpaper of atleast 1600*1000 resolution. If you can find one with an even higher resolution, better still.

Just follow instructions of my earlier post
Of course I have a high-res wallpaper!
But the quality is much worse on the lockscreen than on the launcher's homescreen.
Maybe light wallpapers are ok, but the dark (like mine) is laggy.

kenninaz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anyone knows where the default wallpapers are saved to? cant seem to find the default lock screen wallpaper (of the pen and notebook)...