Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 38,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update Firmware in different country

Tip us?

jhonatan89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink [Q] Update Firmware in different country

help : how to update London verson of galaxy note in Norway ?

walda
Old
Thanks Meter 228
You have to travel to London....

Wrong forum man.

... tapat*lked
Greetings, Walter

Actual:
LG G3 32 GB - XPosed

Developer of: DrainGuard xda - Homepage

The_Steph
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Read my posts here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=40), here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=48) and here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...21&postcount=1).
The_Steph

My Find 7a is using latests Nameless ROM stripped to the bone, latest TeamWin's Recovery Project TWRP recovery and an exFAT formatted SanDisk 64GB SDXC card
HTC Artemis -> HTC Polaris -> HTC Blackstone -> HTC Leo -> HTC Ace -> Samsung Galaxy Note -> Samsung Galaxy Note II -> Oppo Find 7a

And if what I wrote helped you, be kind... click on Thanks button
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Steph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tids2k
Old
Thanks Meter 632
Post in general thread not here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
lumia 1520>note 10.1 (2014)>nexus 5>s IV>htc one>sgs III>huawie quad xl>ipad 3>lg x3>htc z3tA>samsung galaxy note>samsung galaxy s II lte hd>iphone 4(g)>samsung galaxy s2 >htc desire hd>samsung galaxy s >htc desire (cancelled) :d>htc touch hd2>htc touch hd>nokia n97>iphone 3g>nokia n96>nokia n95> nokia n70

Lordrdx666
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by tids2k View Post
Post in general thread not here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Praaji.... Tussi... Got a galaxy note??

Tapashocked via my gt-I9003 with a random keyboard of my choice !
Samsung Galaxy S SL (i9003)
(16gb + 8gb ) cranium 3.1 xxkph + cfroot
Samsung Galaxy Note XXKK9 ROM + cfroot

Reduced Swype Mod by me(credits to trip007in) UPDATED on 25/9/2011 with 10+ themes

Super Duper I9003 Information Thread/i9003 Ready Reference Guide! (Home made by Me...)

Galaxy Note Facebook group for XDA users

Press THANKS if you found my post useful in any way !

Souai
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by walda View Post
You have to travel to London....

Wrong forum man.

... tapat*lked
pretty sure he can just plug his phone into his PC, and download the update through kies...

jhonatan89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile hey

So i have to wait for the update to come to norway to cet new update? .
Now i have 2.3.5 - n7000XXXkj4. open to all Sim. Where can i follow a list of new update from samsung? Thanks for the help. Any others who can help? free to Whrite.

Souai
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonatan89 View Post
So i have to wait for the update to come to norway to cet new update? .
Now i have 2.3.5 - n7000XXXkj4. open to all Sim. Where can i follow a list of new update from samsung? Thanks for the help. Any others who can help? free to Whrite.
http://fus.nanzen.se/ this site lets you know what updates are available.

and it depends. if youre waiting for OTA, you can only wait for the OTA for the region the device came from. ie. im on 2.3.5 polish version, i cant download hong kong 2.3.6 ota, even if im in hong kong. ota is specific to the region your device originated from.

your ota will automatically download the version specific for your phone, regardless of where you are. the only except is if youre on an operator locked device, at which point, you would need to be able to communicate with the operators servers.

however, if youre choosing to flash the software manually, you can use another region's firmware iirc.

simplest way is to just plug it into your computer and run KIES and it will tell you if theres an update for your specific device or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Souai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jhonatan89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks .

So when i am having a London Cpw verson of the phone totaly open no T-mobile or Telenor . i can just wait intill London getting the firmware update? Samsung told me i never can get a update if i have an non nordic phone in nordic trying to update it. Weird this is my specs.-
Another message i sendt to a Samsung friend.
Samsung just gave me a Bad info? I have got a Galaxy note from UK i think London.

N7000xxkj4 - In kies here in norway i connected nice, The q is :

Cpw in salescode. Kies sais- This is the latest firmware.
Can i ever Update my galaxy note her in norway. this is a open phone. no sim card restriction. Hope someone can help me.

I do not whant to use Odin or Flash this nice phone

Xaddict
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonatan89 View Post
So when i am having a London Cpw verson of the phone totaly open no T-mobile or Telenor . i can just wait intill London getting the firmware update? Samsung told me i never can get a update if i have an non nordic phone in nordic trying to update it. Weird this is my specs.-
Another message i sendt to a Samsung friend.
Samsung just gave me a Bad info? I have got a Galaxy note from UK i think London.

N7000xxkj4 - In kies here in norway i connected nice, The q is :

Cpw in salescode. Kies sais- This is the latest firmware.
Can i ever Update my galaxy note her in norway. this is a open phone. no sim card restriction. Hope someone can help me.

I do not whant to use Odin or Flash this nice phone
Enter this into your phone's dial pad: *#272*imei# where imei is your phone's imei.

See Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI.

If you see a list of sales codes(CSC's) like XEU, DBT etc, then you can change your CSC to DBT and the OTA and Kies update will work.

Otherwise, you may have a network branded version that doesn't have options to change CSC and this won't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xaddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]