Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

09.08 25 Lang HD2 pdaimatejam Rom Wp7.8 OS 7.10.8862.144 v8.9 Download

Tip us?
 
kahiro
Old
#3781  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 215
Join Date: Jun 2005
Default battery drain

those that commented on my last comment on battery drain.

i'm not here to start a new debate on battery drain and what one should/shouldn't do to improve battery life. I'm just merely reporting my experience so that maybe pdaimatejam can improve his rom because it was my preferred before trying ansar's latest. and yes I've tried pretty all the wp7 roms out there and chose this one. but having said that, the battery drain on my device was just shocking. and yes I have done all the things u supposed to do like camera trick, all battery saving settings etc .. but it's still pretty shocking as with many others out there. maybe those with acceptable battery life happens to be the lucky ones because I certainly don't see a consensus on the camera fix being the definitive solution either.

anyway, long story short, I've set up my device the same everytime I flash a new rom. roughly same no. of apps, same live tiles, mail accounts etc … yet I noticed significant difference in the battery drain.

hope pdaimatejam you can take a stab at this. it would make your rom awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to kahiro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Decs222
Old
#3782  
Decs222's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 37
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: São Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by samir_madan View Post
Hi guys...have tried installing this rom but, got stuck in Installing Apps screen for quite some long time.....any quick suggestions/help????
Thats normal, you just have to leave it alone for a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to Decs222 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dxdy
Old
#3783  
dxdy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,675
Posts: 3,596
Join Date: Apr 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decs222 View Post
Thats normal, you just have to leave it alone for a while.
is not normal.... this depend to sdcard speed... is normal if around one minute to complete this job....
HTC HD2 * download Pdaimatejam ROM's + radio's
WP7 ROM Install Tutorial v2.5
Battery saving tricks for HD2

Change Live account region - https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Gmail/Google settings, sync and calendar under WP7.8

My devices: Nokia Lumia 920 developer unlocked, HTC HD2 (sold), GoClever TAB T76 GPS TV


I spent half my money on computers, smartphones, alcohol and girls... The other half I wasted. (modern version of W.C. Fields quote)
The Following User Says Thank You to dxdy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Decs222
Old
#3784  
Decs222's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 37
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: São Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdy View Post
is not normal.... this depend to sdcard speed... is normal if around one minute to complete this job....
Well, mine took a while but now it's working fine...

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdy View Post
is not normal.... this depend to sdcard speed... is normal if around one minute to complete this job....
Btw dxdy, could you help me with my problem? When I talk in a call the display does not go blank... Is that a ROM or windows phone problem? Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahiro View Post
those that commented on my last comment on battery drain.

i'm not here to start a new debate on battery drain and what one should/shouldn't do to improve battery life. I'm just merely reporting my experience so that maybe pdaimatejam can improve his rom because it was my preferred before trying ansar's latest. and yes I've tried pretty all the wp7 roms out there and chose this one. but having said that, the battery drain on my device was just shocking. and yes I have done all the things u supposed to do like camera trick, all battery saving settings etc .. but it's still pretty shocking as with many others out there. maybe those with acceptable battery life happens to be the lucky ones because I certainly don't see a consensus on the camera fix being the definitive solution either.

anyway, long story short, I've set up my device the same everytime I flash a new rom. roughly same no. of apps, same live tiles, mail accounts etc … yet I noticed significant difference in the battery drain.

hope pdaimatejam you can take a stab at this. it would make your rom awesome!
Hey what is this camera trick? My battery life is also not very good so maybe I could try it out?
 
jasroop
Old
#3785  
jasroop's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 322
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: moga
Hey what is this camera trick? My battery life is also not very good so maybe I could try it out?[/QUOTE]

switch on ur camera..start video mode...let it focus after 5 or 10 sec exit with home button..this is camera trick u get gud battery life upto next reboot gud luck tc
HTC HD2 Leo rocks
The Following User Says Thank You to jasroop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sathara
Old
#3786  
sathara's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 992
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: the club
you get good battery life if you turn oof 2G,3G and wifi ...
2G is draining more battery that 3G .
 
NIKOSXRI
Old
#3787  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 363
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens
Bluetooth is the greatest sucker!
 
motionz
Old
#3788  
motionz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 176
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Prague

 
DONATE TO ME
Hi.
Can I update this rom without reinstalling?
 
tagizadeh
Old
#3789  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Sep 2009
marhaba........ harikasan dostum cok yasha kardasem ban azarbayjananim dorudorost tayp edmasam ozor delaym.su rom asla activ cod istamir ?yani microsofta telefon atmak istameyor?yanlez instal.pdf na yazyorsan uyla yapeler?baska ber sey estameyor????? cok yasha janem kardasim yasa turk halke nerada olsada...
 
huismeester
Old
#3790  
huismeester's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 1,917
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by motionz View Post
Hi.
Can I update this rom without reinstalling?
No you can do that

HTC ONE (M8) Unbranded Gun Grey Metal
ROM: Stock S-OFF Rooted Stock Rom

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes