Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

09.08 25 Lang HD2 pdaimatejam Rom Wp7.8 OS 7.10.8862.144 v8.9 Download

Tip us?

BMXJeff
Old
(Last edited by BMXJeff; 16th November 2012 at 12:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 110
Question Activation code - chat does and ALWAYS will work

Quote:
Originally Posted by davibs View Post
I love this rom, but i don't have an activation code, and the chat with microsoft isn't working anymore.. that's bad

I used chat to get an activation code a couple of hours ago. The chat will not 'not work' until support for WP7 is dropped completely - a few years off yet.

The Microsoft support agents provide these codes at their own discretion and after receiving just a couple of minor legitimate details. People get denied because they either don't have a legit IMEI or they seem 'shady' to the agent who decides it may not be a legitimate claim.

I got a code in about 60 secs. They ask for Phone model (say HD7), network operator (provide your operator) and IMEI/serial number - for the HD7 not HD2! The last detail was the only issue for me but remember, Google is your friend

PS. A tip: Play a little tech dumb - don't let on that you know phones inside out and are flashing the crap out of handsets. Have a believable story ready and a good reason for not having a code, just in case they start probing. Get creative!

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelgangrade View Post
Its been an year ... the thread started with all the controversies !! and i came just to congratulate pdaimatejam for his success !

I had worked a lot on windows phone and its really good to see that ..HTC HD2 is still running like a NEW device with the refreshing software !

I joined Microsoft though in their windows phone 8 department ! i ll post the use full links and ll try to get u guy the lates firmware of windows phone 8 !!

Just last few words - hatss off and i do really miss ma HTC HD2 !

Signing off ...

Its been nice working with u all !

Welcome back...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Mobile-Sma...0&_nkw=htc+hd2

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dergutehirte View Post
Leak HTC HD2 Driver from Microsoft .... sure. There will be NO WP8 for the HTC HD2, because there is no equivalent Device with WP8.

I think it was meant in jest, or do you not understand humour? Oh wait... you're from Germany!

PS. only joking

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Bugs....

Firstly, awesome ROM really smooth, thanks Pdaimatejam! Just come back after using Android for the past year+. Forgot how nice WP7 was. Only been using this for 24 hours but it seems almost perfect.

ok bugs...

• Games and Me tiles do not change colour when changing theme - I see this has been mentioned. Resize to workaround
  • This may not be a bug but I randomly get a notification in the form of a coloured bar at the top of the screen displaying Chinese text. I have no idea what it says! There is an icon on the left of it of a phone with a smaller icon of a camera on it. It automatically disappears after 10-15 secs hence have not captured a screenshot. I can make it go away by swiping it to the right. I have no idea what this is!
  • Ok, third bug. I cannot record video. This one is actually a real problem for me as it's something I use often. The camera works fine for taking stills but as soon as I tap on the video icon the camera app closes almost instantly. I saw this mentioned once or twice throughout the last few hundred pages but no fixes. Does not seem to be common. Does anybody else have this issue, any possible causes or even better, a solution!?
Thanks in advance...

rb0135
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Data Connection DNS Servers

Hi All,

Is there anyway of finding the DNS servers the data connection is using via the phone? I asked the Telco and they didnt even know (well 1st level and they would not esculate my call).

Thanks,
Rob
Build: OS 7.10.8858.136 RMT v8.6
Date: December 4th 2012

0nova
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXJeff View Post
I used chat to get an activation code a couple of hours ago. The chat will not 'not work' until support for WP7 is dropped completely - a few years off yet.

The Microsoft support agents provide these codes at their own discretion and after receiving just a couple of minor legitimate details. People get denied because they either don't have a legit IMEI or they seem 'shady' to the agent who decides it may not be a legitimate claim.

I got a code in about 60 secs. They ask for Phone model (say HD7), network operator (provide your operator) and IMEI/serial number - for the HD7 not HD2! The last detail was the only issue for me but remember, Google is your friend

PS. A tip: Play a little tech dumb - don't let on that you know phones inside out and are flashing the crap out of handsets. Have a believable story ready and a good reason for not having a code, just in case they start probing. Get creative!

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Welcome back...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Mobile-Sma...0&_nkw=htc+hd2

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

I think it was meant in jest, or do you not understand humour? Oh wait... you're from Germany!

PS. only joking

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Bugs....

Firstly, awesome ROM really smooth, thanks Pdaimatejam! Just come back after using Android for the past year+. Forgot how nice WP7 was. Only been using this for 24 hours but it seems almost perfect.

ok bugs...

• Games and Me tiles do not change colour when changing theme - I see this has been mentioned. Resize to workaround
  • This may not be a bug but I randomly get a notification in the form of a coloured bar at the top of the screen displaying Chinese text. I have no idea what it says! There is an icon on the left of it of a phone with a smaller icon of a camera on it. It automatically disappears after 10-15 secs hence have not captured a screenshot. I can make it go away by swiping it to the right. I have no idea what this is!
  • Ok, third bug. I cannot record video. This one is actually a real problem for me as it's something I use often. The camera works fine for taking stills but as soon as I tap on the video icon the camera app closes almost instantly. I saw this mentioned once or twice throughout the last few hundred pages but no fixes. Does not seem to be common. Does anybody else have this issue, any possible causes or even better, a solution!?
Thanks in advance...
Your 2nd issue is from the Capture app which is entirely in Chinese. I just uninstalled and the screen caps just went away...
Current : WP8 @ Lumia 820 Black
Pdaimatejam Rom Wp7.8 OS 7.10.8835.35 v8.5
Radio 2.15.50.14 &
A Huge thanks to everyone@XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to 0nova For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

javiek
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Router Problems Netgear_CG3100

Every time you try to connect to wifi, I disconnected the router's ethernet network?

Any solution?

Thank you.
[

Dany3R9
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Battery life

hi, i'm sorry , i would not repeat this topic, but.. are there any way to increase the battery life of this Rom? .. thanks..
HD2 Leo || Nexus 4 & 7

BMXJeff
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Thumbs up Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nova View Post
Your 2nd issue is from the Capture app which is entirely in Chinese. I just uninstalled and the screen caps just went away...
Thanks so much, that was bugging the hell out of me!

dxdy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,679

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany3R9 View Post
hi, i'm sorry , i would not repeat this topic, but.. are there any way to increase the battery life of this Rom? .. thanks..
look my signature
HTC HD2 * download Pdaimatejam ROM's + radio's
WP7 ROM Install Tutorial v2.5
Battery saving tricks for HD2

Change Live account region - https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Gmail/Google settings, sync and calendar under WP7.8

My devices: Nokia Lumia 920 developer unlocked, HTC HD2 (sold), GoClever TAB T76 GPS TV

I spent half my money on computers, smartphones, alcohol and girls... The other half I wasted. (modern version of W.C. Fields quote)

BMXJeff
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Exclamation Setting to avoid - Warning!

I was messing around trying to find anything that may be causing my video recording to not work and found alternate start menu choices in Leo advanced settings. Thought I'd take the Windows Phone 8 'Metro' start menu for a spin and BOOM! my phone restarts to a black screen with nothing but signal indicator maxed and frozen clock on notification bar.

Buttons do nothing. Touch screen not responding. Rebooted several times to no avail. Well..... flash, flash and flash again

Oh damn. I didn't backup

mrmomba
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Nice ROM-Working awesome. But: it have to much tweaks - ore tweaking-software.
And some software doesnt work correctly. Read the post above - same Problem here. Changed the Startscreen - und frozen.
After reboot i was hanging in the rebootloop . need to reflash the system.
Currently using HDOwners Windows Phone 7.8

Dishfsm1
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXJeff View Post
I was messing around trying to find anything that may be causing my video recording to not work and found alternate start menu choices in Leo advanced settings. Thought I'd take the Windows Phone 8 'Metro' start menu for a spin and BOOM! my phone restarts to a black screen with nothing but signal indicator maxed and frozen clock on notification bar.

Buttons do nothing. Touch screen not responding. Rebooted several times to no avail. Well..... flash, flash and flash again

Oh damn. I didn't backup

I tried that one too (once) I'll not try again...
Current Device: Galaxy Note 2 i317 Rooted
Android Wear: Samsung Gear Live
Tablet: Sero Pro 7 Rooted