Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

123 Best gps fix!!! Thanks Daryelv.. December 9th 2011

Tip us?

rgregg504
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis View Post
That's what I did, no GPS tweak or hack or whatever worked for me. I complained at a Sprint store and got a brand new replacement. This new phone I have gets a lock almost instantly, and it never loses it once it gets a lock.
This is the only fix

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

cray-z
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Drivers from the first post, plus the gps.conf file helped me out a lot. Even after 2 days with no reboot or clearing cache I can get a decent lock in about a minute. Used to get nothing or a 'lock' withing 1100 m.

rgregg504
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray-z View Post
Drivers from the first post, plus the gps.conf file helped me out a lot. Even after 2 days with no reboot or clearing cache I can get a decent lock in about a minute. Used to get nothing or a 'lock' withing 1100 m.
That's how my phone was. About a minute. New phone 5 seconds or less every single time with 6 foot accuracy in about 8 seconds. Don't settle its the phone

adma84
Old
Thanks Meter 188

DONATE TO ME
Listen folks, I would love for someone to prove me wrong, but I do indeed think this fix is a placebo. The edify script places the gps.supersonic.so in the /system/lib/hw
  1. Why would the Samsung phone even care to look for the supersonic SO? It's got it's own so. I would think the Sammy driver would have to be removed and this driver be renamed or linked to in order for this to work
  2. Something may be up with my CWR, but the Supersonic SO doesn't even actually go in my /system/lib/hw correctly when flashing this zip

Can anyone please confirm or deny this? Also, I am on blazer ROM. The OP mentioned Caulk's rom. Does Caulk's rom use a different so (supersonic) than the other roms? That would explain why it work on Caulk's rom...

adma84
Old
Thanks Meter 188

DONATE TO ME
OP, you alive?

Beejis
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregg504 View Post
This is the only fix

Tried this before I turned it in and it didn't work.

It burns when I tapatalk...
HTC Touch Pro -> HTC Touch Pro 2 -> HTC Evo 4g -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy SIII -> LG Google Nexus 5 -> T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)

sec1rxg
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklavalizard View Post
Worked great for me, I got a lock near instantly
how did you accomplish that?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1433893

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv3d View Post
I can't get this fix to work... Also I can never get past the dial screen when attempting this ##GPSCLRX#. what numbers does this translate too?
Try this on for size, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1433893

Kikoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
Listen folks, I would love for someone to prove me wrong, but I do indeed think this fix is a placebo. The edify script places the gps.supersonic.so in the /system/lib/hw
  1. Why would the Samsung phone even care to look for the supersonic SO? It's got it's own so. I would think the Sammy driver would have to be removed and this driver be renamed or linked to in order for this to work
  2. Something may be up with my CWR, but the Supersonic SO doesn't even actually go in my /system/lib/hw correctly when flashing this zip

Can anyone please confirm or deny this? Also, I am on blazer ROM. The OP mentioned Caulk's rom. Does Caulk's rom use a different so (supersonic) than the other roms? That would explain why it work on Caulk's rom...
Have you by any chance have EL29?
I tried it with EK02, and it did move it to that directory, but now it doesn't show up, so push the .so file to this directory with a root explorer or something, though im not certain if it requires permissions or anything.

*Luke*
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Thread Necromancy!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kikoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Luke* View Post
Thread Necromancy!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Lol, just helping. Really dislike leaving, or being left in the blue.

Also you could install http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1132412 the newest update version 1.1
I just tried it, and it will flash the .so to its designated folder

The Following User Says Thank You to Kikoshi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]