123 Best gps fix!!! Thanks Daryelv.. December 9th 2011

5th January 2012, 10:16 PM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 175

613 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis

That's what I did, no GPS tweak or hack or whatever worked for me. I complained at a Sprint store and got a brand new replacement. This new phone I have gets a lock almost instantly, and it never loses it once it gets a lock.

This is the only fix

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
6th January 2012, 12:52 AM   |  #92  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
Drivers from the first post, plus the gps.conf file helped me out a lot. Even after 2 days with no reboot or clearing cache I can get a decent lock in about a minute. Used to get nothing or a 'lock' withing 1100 m.
6th January 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 175

613 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray-z

Drivers from the first post, plus the gps.conf file helped me out a lot. Even after 2 days with no reboot or clearing cache I can get a decent lock in about a minute. Used to get nothing or a 'lock' withing 1100 m.

That's how my phone was. About a minute. New phone 5 seconds or less every single time with 6 foot accuracy in about 8 seconds. Don't settle its the phone

6th January 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 188

868 posts
Donate to Me
More
Listen folks, I would love for someone to prove me wrong, but I do indeed think this fix is a placebo. The edify script places the gps.supersonic.so in the /system/lib/hw
  1. Why would the Samsung phone even care to look for the supersonic SO? It's got it's own so. I would think the Sammy driver would have to be removed and this driver be renamed or linked to in order for this to work
  2. Something may be up with my CWR, but the Supersonic SO doesn't even actually go in my /system/lib/hw correctly when flashing this zip

Can anyone please confirm or deny this? Also, I am on blazer ROM. The OP mentioned Caulk's rom. Does Caulk's rom use a different so (supersonic) than the other roms? That would explain why it work on Caulk's rom...
7th January 2012, 03:14 PM   |  #95  
Thanks Meter: 188

868 posts
Donate to Me
More
OP, you alive?
8th January 2012, 08:24 AM   |  #96  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 203

1,606 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregg504

This is the only fix

Tried this before I turned it in and it didn't work.

It burns when I tapatalk...
8th January 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 88

268 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklavalizard

Worked great for me, I got a lock near instantly

how did you accomplish that?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1433893

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv3d

I can't get this fix to work... Also I can never get past the dial screen when attempting this ##GPSCLRX#. what numbers does this translate too?

Try this on for size, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1433893
14th May 2012, 11:45 AM   |  #98  
Thanks Meter: 31

286 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adma84

Listen folks, I would love for someone to prove me wrong, but I do indeed think this fix is a placebo. The edify script places the gps.supersonic.so in the /system/lib/hw

1. Why would the Samsung phone even care to look for the supersonic SO? It's got it's own so. I would think the Sammy driver would have to be removed and this driver be renamed or linked to in order for this to work
  2. Something may be up with my CWR, but the Supersonic SO doesn't even actually go in my /system/lib/hw correctly when flashing this zip

Can anyone please confirm or deny this? Also, I am on blazer ROM. The OP mentioned Caulk's rom. Does Caulk's rom use a different so (supersonic) than the other roms? That would explain why it work on Caulk's rom...

Have you by any chance have EL29?
I tried it with EK02, and it did move it to that directory, but now it doesn't show up, so push the .so file to this directory with a root explorer or something, though im not certain if it requires permissions or anything.
14th May 2012, 01:06 PM   |  #99  
Thanks Meter: 125

195 posts
Thread Necromancy!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
14th May 2012, 01:28 PM   |  #100  
Thanks Meter: 31

286 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Luke*

Thread Necromancy!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Lol, just helping. Really dislike leaving, or being left in the blue.

Also you could install http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1132412 the newest update version 1.1
I just tried it, and it will flash the .so to its designated folder

The Following User Says Thank You to Kikoshi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread